Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

"Casper Suite is now named Jamf Pro."

https://www.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro/ Casper Suite is now named Jamf Pro. The product will reference Casper Suite until the next release — Jamf Pro Version 10 — ships with the new name and great new features. Details of Jamf Pro version 10 coming s...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Nation blocked by McAfee

Hi all, in testing McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac version 10.2.1 (2632) with Web Control Enabled, JAMF Nation comes up being blocked. See attached screen shot. Can get around this by disabling the Web Control, has anyone else come across this?  View more

81d673f650f74e23a2b8384c044e0b69
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Centralized Backups

Hi, Does anybody have a solution that would allow IOS devices to backup to our server? Users have used iCloud but run out of room quickly. Thanks,Jared  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Livestreams recorded?

I'd really like to watch the live stream from the JNUC ( https://www.jamfsoftware.com/events/jamf-nation-user-conference/2016/live/ ) but I'm in PDT and 7:00am? Ouch, Will these be recorded so we can watch them at a more reasonable time?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS AirPrint Profiles

For some reason, this year we're getting a number of requests to be able to make paper from devices that are supposed to replace paper. Go figure... I've been testing out Printopia Pro as not all of our printers support IPP/AirPrint. Anyone had any l...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs Freezing/Lockups

I've had some odd issues that happened with some of our Macs in my company. We have over 100 Macs that are being managed with about 80 of those being used by employees. Other Macs are either shared or test machines. Last Friday, we received a couple ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sierra 10.12 - Safari Home Page - User Templet

Safari defaults to: http://www.apple.com/startpage and I unable to change the default home page by modifying com.apple.safari.plist like in the other versions of OS X. I need the user templet homepage set to our home page - not Apples. Any idea how t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Speech to Text Rate via CMD line

Hello all, Testing in our K12 environment is coming up soon...Great! For specific tests, speech to text is an available option to students. For younger kids I think the "normal" rate is too fast. Does anyone have a script to change this setting under...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems mounting a shared drive.

When I run the following line from the terminal it (of course) works just fine. open smb://phs-fs1/HOME/testphs But when I apply the following policy it does not (screenshot). (No errors, nothing). Multiple people log into our machines I so I use the...  View more

55316d342d284a9ab02f8242c6235109
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Not Updating Mobile Devices to current User

I have several iPads I have to setup so they can be added to the correct Smart Groups on JSS before they go out to the users. Once I have them added I go through and completely wipe all of them (erase all content and settings), then they go to the us...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Setup User" login after image

So I am testing an image on a machine and after boot when it got to the setup assistant I wasn't there to interact with it for a bit. For some reason, when I go to wake the machine up it wants me to log into a user called "Setup User" and I have trie...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.12 Sierra Netboot DMG's remain mounted?

Hello All, Just finished upgrading JSS to 9.96. This means it's time for me to create an updated NBI image with an updated Casper Imaging App. Used AutoCaserperNBI (Thanks to @bentoms for a wonderful piece of engineering) and Auto DMG to go through t...  View more

5e7467acad1e4afc8691dfb412fbd597
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unblocking Java

Hello, I have been searching for weeks now and can't seem to find a solution to my issue. We are a school and have a learning tool that requires java. Now the student laptops have a restrictions config profile in place so the students can't install a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please educate me...

Hi, first time caller, long time listener.... Doing some renovation/redoing/revamping of our very cluttered Configuration Profiles. 5 or so years ago when I started creating profiles we had 2 groups (marketing and developers) Now we are much more div...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run jamf policy command at log on with launchd

Hello all, I just wanted to know if i could get some help to make the below code to work. Basically i want to run the "jamf policy" command at log on. Is there something that i am missing?? Thank you. Label com.runPolicyAtLoad ProgramArguments /bin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bad MS Office 2016 bug

(I tried posting this in the Macadmins microsoft-office Slack channel, but it tells me I'm offline and refuses to let me change it to "active". it just says "reconnecting" and never connects. Hopefully this information will find its way to someone wh...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Eclipse Neon deployment

Is anyone else out there having to package and deploy Eclipse IDE? Previous versions were available in standard Mac .pkg files that installed into /Applications just fine. I've discovered that the Neon release of Eclipse appears to come only in a dow...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to lock homescreen on an iOS device

Hi guys, So, we have a few iPads where we would want to lock the home screen layout. The thing is, that even though MDM is currently capable of organising the home screen layout, it's not capable of arranging webclips on the home screens exactly wher...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors