Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Disable Netboot?

Hello Everybody! We are looking to disable booting into our Netboot partition. A user managed to find his way to the Netboot partition on his workstation by holding the option key during startup - I think he was trying to throw a PRAM reset? Anyway, ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passwords in Exchange Account Config Profiles

Anyone having issues with passwords not making their way to iPads from Configuration Profiles? We run a script that creates the profile for each student with password that worked like a charm until iOS 10. In the iOS dev docs, it indicates that the P...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Erreur lors du déploiement du Self Service

Bonjour, Nous souhaitons déployer l'application "Self Service" sur nos tablettes, mais nous rencontrons une erreur lors de l'installation de celle-ci: " L'identifiant ITunes Store de l'application n'a pu être validé ". Pourtant, tous les ports réseau...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block "Upgrade to Sierra" Notification

Does anyone know how to prevent Notification Centre from advertising this update?It looks like Apple have recently made this pop up, and despite blocking the process and preventing the download from the app store (as per other threads), I'd like to b...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to disable macOS Sierra

We want our user not able to upgrade there OS. What is the correct policy so our user will not able to download or upgrade there OS. Last time we use this policy but user are able to download the latest Os Seirra..  View more

8bd6953bd18143bfa07b8402343c04f3 145edefcf2ab4f56826b92787ddb6a81 c89d45cf54754774965741a1b6cd4f9a 7e8fd0bef5b548d7af200579fe1ad517
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat Manager

I'm looking for advice on installing Tomcat Manager on a multi context JSS.Running on ubuntu 14.04 with tomcat that comes with the JSS installer and using jssmanager.shHas anyone done this?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Accounts in macOS Sierra

It's been a long time since I've posted and I'm not doing much of the Mac management at my institution anymore........ but where did the Mobile Accounts go? I upgraded a 10.11.5 test machine to 10.12, my network home is mapped but the HomeSync icons ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook pro 2014 efi disabled Help

So i have my macbook pro 2014 that is efi disabled for 60mins. I got it from a co worker and i do know the pin but whatever startup option i choose it will just bring me back to the start up screen saying it is disabled for 60mins. Ill wait the 60min...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Font Removal Script

Quick question. I have a script that removes the Gotham font family from users computer. I know that it could be a little dangerous using the wildcard but it seems to work ok. Here is the problem that I am running up against. The script works great w...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Sierra Available as an Automatic Download

macOS Sierra Available as an Automatic Download Starting Today Oh boy. Just what we needed. Starting today, Apple is making the new macOS Sierra operating system available as an automatic download to customers running OS X El Capitan in order to enco...  View more

• 48 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Classroom and Screenshots

Hello-I'm looking into using Apple Classroom with our iPads so that teachers can view students' iPad screens. However, I have a couple of teachers who do not want students to be able to screenshot, so I have that turned off. Can Apple Classroom work ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble managing iWork/iLife apps iOS

We are attempting to launch 200 iPads in the coming weeks and I was under the impression that the app suite that comes pre installed (keynote, pages, garageband, etc.) could be managed without having to delete them first to remove the apple ID prompt...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

I created a image with Siri disabled and deleted

I first installed Sierra, set a few things that I want set as default.Started the machine in Target mode and plugged it in via Firewire to my main machine. Navigated to /System/Library/CoreServices/ and deleted Siri.app. Then I used carbon copy clone...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Software/Plugins - Composer = Bad?

Hello! We use JAMF to manage our Graphics department. Most of the packages we build are plugins for After Effects. I've heard conflicting suggestions from colleagues/JAMF Nation discussions about the best method of packaging everything. We are in the...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Aged out Macs

Hey guys, I am looking to get a smart group set up to notify me when Macs age out after 4 years for upgrades. I am doing this right now using the model and specifying the year they were made, but that just means every year I need to add a new field. ...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 1 kudos

WebClips on Shared iPads

We noticed almost immediately that WebClip payloads caused errors on Shared iPads. We made sure to separate those into their own profiles, but that still leaves us with a dilemma...is there any way at all to get WebClips onto a Shared iPad? I've trie...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 2 kudos

Missing filevault recovery keys

Hi Guys, This is a bit of a problem I've encountered and I'm close to just re-encrypting the machines but thought i'd try here first. About 30 or so of my OSX devices seem to be missing their individual recovery keys in the JSS, they certainly used t...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple Apple Software Update Script with Deferral

Hi All,I've searched and searched and while I've seen the really really cool scripts (patchoo and mm270's come to mind) I'm really looking for something pretty simple: I want to use built-in Apple dialogs so I don't have to install CD or anything els...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script - Removing User Lync Data/Files

Hi all I have been tasked with making an uninstall script to remove all Lync data and files for an user. This is primarily to resolve Lync issues we often have in our organisation, and we would like to have a working script that a user can just run v...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Five Devices all Show "MDM Capability: No"

I currently have 6 devices in JSS and they all worked fine. This is my first production roll out and all five devices show "MDM Capability: No". I have tried removing them from the JSS and using Recon to enroll but this does not change anything. I ha...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Not applicable
Resolved!
Posted
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors