Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Removing Office 365 Templates, why .localized?

Hello fellow jamfers, I'm struggling with something here, I'm trying to write what I thought would be a simple script to remove a folder of templates, before I replace with new ones. I'm finding that the RM command is not finding the files on all mac...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Automator .Workflow file

Hello, I've made a service through Automator, and binded it to a keyboard shortcut. Would there be any simple way to make this available through say self service? Or deploy it with a policy? I've tried googling around a little and read about the inst...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

CIFS to DFS and Netapp Filer performance problems

Hello,probably this, or a very similar scenario, has been posted before therefore sorry for asking again. Let my describe my scenario (Windows clients are working fine, therfore will be out of the scope) Netapp Filer with ONTAP 8.2.2 7-Mode acting as...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen saver script run as current user

Having trouble getting a script to run as the logged in user instead of root. I've searched here pretty thoroughly but can't find a working solution. The script checks the screen saver idle time of the logged in user; if less than 10 minutes it does ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

In App purchases via VPP?

Folks, Well as it turns out, the FIRST time we tried this new method of acquiring apps, we got stuck. We issued the VPP credit to the VPP account just fine, bought the app with the credit, just fine. After the app came down, we discovered the user al...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group Wallpapers

I am trying to set a separate lock screen wallpaper and a separate home screen lock screen via two (2) separate Smart Group Device Profiles. Since you cannot specify different wallpapers for each location in the software I setup the first and cloned ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

IPAD stuck in lost mode

I have 2 Ipad on my desk and they are both stuck in "lost" mode. I try to use the jss to unlock them but there is no wifi connection between the ipads. What is the best way to fix this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service app stuck on applying settings

I have a new problem with my ipads getting stuck on applying settings on the self service app. It will sit on applying settings forever. This just recently started. I have tried to whitelist a device in my firewall to see if I had blocked something b...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hotspot detection

Does anyone have a script or a workflow to identify users who are connected to a mobile hotspot instead of a school or corporate network? Trying to identify and squash the issue that is apparently running rampant in my building. Thanks!  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 9.81 Could not mount distribution point

Hi all, I am a newbie to Casper and I am having a real problem with Casper Admin. For some reason it won't mount the distribution point when loading and I have no idea why. The distribution point is on a Windows file server, in the root and shared vi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Not applicable
Resolved!
Posted

AD Bound Users Random Freeze/Beachball?

Hello, I have a weird issue on some of my Macs. Some of our AD users are reporting random beachball and freezes. When I log into a local account, all is fine. I noticed a network share mounted with denied permissions on these Macs. When I unmount the...  View more

dab8f61834f24c29a80bac60554490c0
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Could not Activate iPad"

HI,We have had 5-10 ipads brought in by students where it looks like they have been wiped, and then are unable to be activated. The only help is to use iTunes and Recovery Mode.Nothing looks unusual in the JSS, no commands sent, various iOS versions ...  View more

26faac269b3f4469acaf8a091488adab
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Center screensaver photo?

Sorry, title should say: Center wallpaper photo? Is there any script that I can run on our iMacs and Macbooks that will tell the wallpaper to be centered and not stretched? I know how to set it using a script (and a profile in JAMF) but can't seem to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Touchbar MacBook Pros + USB Ethernet + FileVault

So we are seeing an issue that I wanted to see if other folks are also experiencing. When a new Touchbar MBP is FileVaulted and has an Apple USB-Ethernet adaptor plugged in either via a USB-C to USB-A adaptor or one of the Apple Multiport HDMI/VGA ad...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetInstall / NetRestore Process for installing Vanilla OSs?

For a while now I've been using the createinstallmedia tool built into Install OSX installer apps to build bootable OS installers from USB. However, I want to create either a NetInstall or NetRestore image such that I can boot machines to our Netboot...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Air Drop

Bonjour,Est-il possible à partir du MDM de neutraliser l'Air Drop d'un groupe de tablettes pendant un temps donné puis le rétablir ensuite ?Merci d'avance.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Real Doozy PreStage Imaging Pulling Ghost Names..

So thought I might post this now due to the fact I always forget until its time to image new computers and I run into this issue again PreStage Imaging Will randomly pull ghost names for the computer so we have a list in the PreStage that they should...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to automatically reinstall software

Hello, We are trying to push out a web and application filter for our Middle School students. Because each student is an admin on their computer, they can easily uninstall the software. If I place the packages in a hidden folder, is there a script th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Copy single file?

I'd like to setup a policy to copy a single file to the wallpaper directory on labs at multiple locations. I don't want to have to create a full package or mount an external drive across our network to do it via a script. Any suggestions?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors