Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Tomcat intermittently freezing

We have an issue where periodically (2-3x a month?) Tomcat will simply freeze up. The service is running but it stops responding. Restarting fixes this 100% of the time, so it's not impacting us greatly but I'm curious if anyone has seen something li...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service iOS prompts

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable Self-Service prompts (i.e. Allow to use location, etc.) because even though we're using VPP device based app assignments some users are still being asked to register their SS with the App Store.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self service create local admin

Before I'm inventing something that already exists... We'd like to create a self service item for our first line support which enables them to create a local user account on a device bij just one click.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad stuck on public wifi after DEP enrollment

Enrolling iPads via DEP. On start-up, select our public wifi to get device connected and into DEP process. After enrollment, wifi configuration profile is downloaded to the device. But the device sticks on the SSID used activate the device. A reboot ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automated way to change a site

Hi all I’m not sure if this is at all possible, but I am looking for an automated solution to move computers from one site to another. What I am hoping to achieve is to assign all new computers to “Site 1”, then once initial setup policies have run, ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

iOS Password Issue with Gmail Exchange Service

We just started rolling out our iPad Air 2's and are first time Apple/JAMF users.....we have gmail accounts in the district so we had to set them up through Exchange and do a CalDav sync as well to configure their gmail accounts and calendars. My pro...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Process Confusion

I’m trying to image some iMacs that have been used previously that are not managed. My goal is to wipe these devices, install El Capitan, enroll these devices in JSS, push a Configuration Profile, and push VMware Horizon View and Microsoft Endpoint P...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Schedule restart of Lab machines

I want to know if any of you schedule restarts of lab desktop computers and if so, what's your preferred method? I just started looking into this for our Library iMacs. These are very heavily used and I would just like them rebooted nightly.I saw the...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom icon to use with the JAMF Helper

Hi all, I'd like to use a custom icon with the JAMF Helper. One thread I've read suggests packaging the icon with Composer and dropping it into /Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin, while another thread suggests placing the icon into /Library/Applic...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

restricting access to reset network settings

Is there a way to use Jamf to disable the "reset network settings" option? I found a way to disable the "Erase All Content and Settings". But I would like to disable "reset the network settings and the "reset all settings" options.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

64bit Office 2016 vs 32bit Office 2016 questions

I'm glad to see that the 64bit version of Office is now available, but I was a little surprised to see that MS is maintaining a separate 32bit version. I understand the need to keep a 32bit version available - those darn plugins. But wouldn't it be p...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP authentication on JSS

Hello, I am a newbie to JAMF Nation so forgive if this question has already been posted. My team members along with myself have had mixed success logging into the JSS with our LDAP credentials. We are using 9.93. One moment we can login, and the next...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatiser la recherche LDAP

Bonjour, Nos élèves vont changer de classe à la rentrée (Rubrique "Poste" sur la capture ci-dessous) et nous aimerions savoir s'il était possible d'actualiser automatiquement la recherche LDAP d'un utilisateur (et donc de sa nouvelle classe) sans êtr...  View more

9f856f099b544a0fbe6f627532713d1b
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update Service Deprecated

While Caching Server has its benefits, I personally don't like how it's all or nothing when determining what data to store. I found this in a public KBase article: [https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206871](Prepare your institution for iOS 10 and mac...  View more

20292fcfd6c04c819eea4f214584280b
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logout "Checking for policies" message customizable?

I'm wracking my brain trying to find a clean way to upgrade Office 2016 that does not force users to quit their apps. I like the process for installing the Office 2016 installer at logout, but the "Checking for policies" message is so generic that I ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.93 Patch Management & Smart Groups

I want to make sure I understand how the Smart Group criteria for 9.93's new Patch Management feature works. Example: When building a Smart Group for tracking Adobe Flash plug-in, do I also need to check for the exisitence of the plug-in as well (Plu...  View more

fd9b68a05816476b8029052596640359
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying VPP Mac App Store Apps via JAMF

Im starting to experiment with deployiong/assigning (free) Mac App Store apps to computers. Im currently scoping a few apps to my 10.11-based IT Dept Macs for testing. My plan is to leverage VPP/MAS/JAMF for a few free common apps such as Microsoft O...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Any Lightspeed Filter customers out there?

We're new to Casper and things are going mostly well with the exception of the global proxy settings and/or our SSL Exclusions on the Rocket itself. While I wait for Lighspeed to call in on the newly created case I wondered if anyone else had had thi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors