Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Computer Name issue on Casper

I have enrolled a couple of MacBook Pro laptops on to Casper but the computer name they have is not the one i have given Any ideas why this is not picking up the computer name I have given  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Distribution Point

Hi, This might be a newb question, but it's concerning how users connect to the distribution point when they are off of our internal network. So the question is how do you handle the VPN aspect of it, because even once they VPN in, they would then ha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

No app can take focus or be closed.

This is a super weird one, and I don't even know where to begin to look. Some of our teachers are complaining that their computers are locking up; that's a bit disingenuous, because what is actually happening is that no applications can be interacted...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Improper Sophos Installation

Hello, As part of my deployment I have a package to install Sophos Cloud Endpoint on the user's computer. When installed individually, without being part of the deployment, the package works. However when the package is part of the installation I com...  View more

533ae1ea73e345bb85fa4b2a2c4b343e
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autoconfiguration E-mail

Hello guys, i'm trying to fill the configuration profile for e-mail, so our users won't have to do this themselves.We have a on-premise exchange 2013 environment with IPhones 7.The nasty thing is, our usernames do not match with the email addresses, ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs & Active Directory kerberos errors

This might be a long shot. In our environment, we have ~600 Macs in Active Directory.In less than 2 hours, our splunk auditing logs are reporting over 16,000 events of "kerberos pre-authentication failed". Microsoft eventcode 4771 , failure 0x18. The...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

E-Book Deployment

I have been asked whether we can deploy E-Book's purchased through our vpp to iPads. Our current setup is shared iPads with device based app deployment... so no apple id is signed in on the device. Is it possible to deploy to these iPads as it seems ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Natural Scrolling after imaging with policy?

Is there a way to create a policy that will disable Natural Scrolling to anything I have scoped that doesn't require it to be imaged that way to start? I found a few articles, but they were from 2012 and 2014, seems there must be an updated way to do...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update or wait...?

Stop me if you've heard this one before, but I need to get 10.12 support out in the wild, but I've read/heard to wait for 9.97 due to issues with 9.96. We're not in a clustered environment, which I heard was one issue. Oh, and this will also probably...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory-Map UID to attribute-Map UID to attribute

We normally create an Image and create an standard user for each computer one by one. How do I link each computer to Power School or Active Directory so I don't have to add standard user to each computer? I know we have those option there but I have ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network state change triggers?

Is there anyway to trace what exact network change caused the trigger to run a policy scoped to that? I have some machines that seem to be having issues, and they have a lot of network state changes in their history (I'm running 'jamf log' to update ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Username Change

We have a staff member that has just gotten married and now has a name change. I have never had to deal with this before within Active Directory and not sure how to proceed. Our username convention is the first letter of the first name and the full l...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ebooks not opening

I'm trying to work out how to distribute in-house ebooks and seem to be hitting a wall. I've added the epub to C:Program FilesJSSTomcatwebappsinhouse and can see the document in Self Service but nothing happens when I install. Any thoughts?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-stage enrollment question

I have created a Pre-stage enrollment for our existing Macs and incoming. As a test, I enrolled a test Mac we have in DEP, wiped it, worked great. Well I needed to wipe it again, I created a smart group that is supposed to add anything enrolled in th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switch Shared iPad to Single User

I set up some iPads as shared iPads because we weren't sure what Apple ID's we would be using at the time. Now we know we only want to use one Apple ID on all the iPads - we no longer need these to be shared. To switch from a shared iPad to "single u...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to package Encase Servlet

Nothing I've tried so far seem to get it to install and talk to the server. I've tried installing from the supplied mpkg, I've tried packaging with a snapshot in Composer, it's just not working. Is anybody currently using Casper to push the encase se...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

White screen

Hi Guys, Newby here, very inexperienced with Mac Support.I have a 2011 MBP with El Capitan, not networked.One day during use it just turned itself off, was conected to the power and everything.I turned it back on and the screen was white.I can hear t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

ISC DHCP configured on Mac Mini Server

Hi all, Has anyone attempted or successfully set up ISC DHCP under Mac OS 10.11.6? In order to get the Mac to feed info into our Solar Winds network infrastructure, it has to meet a very short list of criteria, and in this case, the ISC DHCP is the o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Large school district best practices?

We are a large school district and have been using Jamf for about 3 years now. We have approximately 36K devices across the district. With 52 different sites and site admins our smart groups and policies get bloated quickly. I would be interested in ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfHelper fullscreenIcon requirements?

I'm working on setting up a post-DEP workflow, and i'd like to use jamfHelper's fullscreenIcon flag to overlay the screen with a series of images detailing to the user what is happening. When I invoke the command in my script, it blacks out the scree...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Option to upgrade from <=10.9.X to El Capitan

Hi Experts, Whats your recommendation on upgrading OS X from Mavericks and below to El Capitan? Things I have tried. > Created a OSX El Capitan install package using createOSXInstallPkg and cached it to local clients, but after running the cached pac...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS, OS X Server 5.1.x, Certificates

I'm running JSS and JDS on top of a Mac Pro with OS X Server 5.1.7. I managed to installed and get everything working. I can upload files either from the JSS Web Console or Casper Admin. My problem is that every time I open Casper Admin, I enter my J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon for classroom

Hey all, I need help working through the thought and implementation process of a new project I'm working on. I have a profile to start the screensaver after 20min on all my computers. People are getting upset that their presentations are getting disr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors