Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Port # for JSS API

One of our schools is working with a third-party to push apps to their iPads. They require us to open port 443 on our firewall to access the JSS web interface so they can connect with Casper's API. We prefer to try to avoid that. Does anyone know if ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sluggish JSS web interface after upgrade to 9.93

Since upgrading to 9.93 the JSS web interface is been extremely sluggish in it's performance. Pages are slow to load or refresh, links are unresponsive at times, various issues throughout the interface now.The one big change is that I did enable the ...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple School Manager - Roster.csv help

Hello, We are preparing to upload our powerschool SIS information to Apple School Manager but the roster.csv file has got us confused. What is the difference between a roster and a class? I spoke with our powerschool admin and she also could not see ...  View more

• 37 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences - Scroll greyed out still?

I accidentally sent a managed preference to set scroll to not natural, to a bunch of machines that were not supposed to have it. I have removed them from the scope and restarted the machines with no luck. I have also tried flushPolicyHistory, flushCa...  View more

cda394d5e2fd4d91957ce45f96c9d12d b47e5ddf938044169c00b3f2055ef1fc
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to reinstall

So my employer just got new computers and I noticed that they have Jamf installed to manage them. Me being stupid I removed it by typing something along lines of /usr/local/bin/jamf removeFramework and now self service is gone. I did some research an...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable iCloud Prompt from first login

Every year we re-image the student laptops. Some of the young students that use laptops. When we click on the User account that these young students the iCloud Prompt pops up. I know there are scripts out there to do this. We even used it in the past...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Screen Saver only wakes up with Power Button

Hi Folks, I am not sure when this first started, but I did notice this in the past couple of days. We are on JSS 9.93 and using El Capitan in our labs. Since moving into these versions, we have noticed if the screen saver has been running for an hour...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP on devices after they've been deployed (OS X)

I have already deployed a number of Macs to my staff members and enrolled them via a QuickAdd package. We are now being asked to use the Apple DEP program on these devices however it is important that my users don't have to wipe their Macs to enroll....  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

3rd Party Patch Reporting Server

With the recent release of Patch Reporting Software Titles, I'm looking at getting it set up to use, the documentation mentions the JSS requires outbound access on 443, we are behind a proxy so i need to know the destination of the patch server that ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Interactive scripts

Is there a way to make a script (shell or applescript, or maybe even something else) visible and interactive when it's ran via a policy in self service?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Capable Users - How to add?

Hi, I'm using JSS v9.92. I am trying to utilise some User-Level Configuration Profile (specifically, passcodes, but that's not important). I am testing on 3 Macbooks. One out of the three have a vaild "MDM Capable Users = local-user" within the Macbo...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ask to keep changes when closing documents toggle on

I just need a simple setting change in Casper..I'm trying to toggle: System Prefs--General--Ask to keep changes when closing documentsI need to turn it checked for everyone at the agency.Can I do that in Configuration Profiles?If not, does anyone kno...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SFTP upload to ASM

Hello! So Apple School Manager is about ready to send me to the psyche ward... Since our SIS is not supported through ASM, I'm trying to upload CSV files through their SFTP site. I filled in all of the staff and student information, as well as a coup...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hate to throw a negative to JAMF...

The new UI recently introduced in the JSS itself performs terribly in MobileSafari on an iPhone. Case study: principal wants me to make a profile tweak. Should be a quick checkbox change on my iPhone while talking to him. In 9.82 it was...not so much...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Next CHicago area JNUG Sept 15th @6pm

Please join us for the 2nd Chicago JNUG!!! Time:Thursday September 15th Networking begins at 6pm and speakers will start at 6:30pm Location:Northwestern Pritzker School of Law375 East Chicago AvenueRubloff Building Room 175Chicago, IL Topics to inclu...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

http downloads on an Ubuntu VM

I have a number of Ubuntu Server VM's as my Casper distribution points serving via AFP and SMB on JSS 9.92 I also have Graham Gilbert's docker implemented BSDpy solution running for Netboot services on the VM'shttps://grahamgilbert.com/blog/2015/04/2...  View more

97a6cce574674c0b8c8bc36f879a14e5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

12" Retina MacBook - Hardware Model Incorrect in JSS

JSS 9.82 on MSFT Server 2008 R2. We have some Early 2015 12" Retina MacBooks in the environment, Casper reports the model correctly running 10.10.5 or 10.11.6. MacBook (12-inch Retina Early 2015) We brought in a new 12" device (Early 2016) and there ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors