Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Add local admin to FileVault via script?

Because we set up Casper in an environment with established Macs already and we needed to active FileVault on all of them, our policy uses a FileVault setup that is set for current/next user. And that works fine for our end users, but Casper also ins...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari Open and Frozen for all New Users

So something in my configuration is causing each new user, as they log in, to see Safari open in the dock (no window, just the dot below the icon), and frozen. Everything else looks and acts normal, and if they force quit Safari and then reopen it, i...  View more

315f11c1ccd446cd9d18e788341c6e2b
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating packages in Composer best practices?

When creating new packages in Composer do you log into your "packaging computer" using Root, hidden admin account or yourself? I've been doing this for years but i am running into a issue where I create packages in Composer while logged into the Mac ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FUT & FEU...is it really needed ?

Hi Guys, I'm newish to Casper. I took the CCT course and narrowly failed the exam. I've been using Casper more at work & done some studying and will soon sit the retake. One thing I remember from the CCT course is when we were looking at Casper Admin...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Adobe Document Cloud on Adobe Reader

There is some concern in our organization regarding Adobe Document Cloud and the decision has been made to disable the functionality in both Reader and Acrobat DC. The Windows version of the Acrobat Customization Wizard allows you to customize Reader...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

GSX Shows no SN's found

Upgraded to 9.93 and I tried to do a GSX update. The results were that it couldn't find any of the SN's. None were up to date, none were new. The GSX test completes, it just doesn't find anything. I spot check some and there is warranty info in the G...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBooks

When I download a .pdf from Self Service to iBooks the document doesn't have a name. It is called "Nameless" or rather "Namnlös" in Swedish... Does anyone know how to make get the documents name on the document in iBooks???  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Home Folder Redirect

We have a small media arts lab in our high school that we would like to utilize AD network home folders. This would allow students to move between machines and have access to preferences and files. I would like to keep the Library, Documents, Picture...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding FileVault 2 keys to Active Directory?

Does anyone do this currently? Our Windows laptops store their Bitlocker keys in AD (within the relevant computer account), so I'd love to do something similar for Mac computers - in an automatic or semi-automatic fashion, if possible.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer name

We are facing issue with the computer name when we are trying to enroll it to our jss. what we did is we reimage all our harddrive using imaging tool and name the computer name as "UAS", and now when we are trying to change it to other computer name ...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group & Network Segment

We would like to create a Smart Group for computers that has IP addresses within xx.xx.243.1 to xx.xx.255.254. From other posts, we have the condition as IP Address Like xx.xx.243.x. However, this doesn't include all the IP within this DHCP range. Ho...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote crashed during OS X updates

Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well. I was running Yosemite OS X updates on about 40 Mac's, half were already blessed and rebooting and then I got an exception error which said Remote must close. I've had that exception before but not during ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Purchased Apps status Pending.

I purchased an app through VPP and assigned it to one specific iPad in the JSS. Everything works properly with the exception of the app downloading to the iPad properly. When it comes time to install, the app stays in a pending status but other apps ...  View more

29a02a07ef514063abb3c2ffd4674d31 a52e77e42c4f4db1b261b417e9501df4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looking to get 1-1 Training For CCT

Hi, I'm looking to get CCT training but I was looking for something more 1-1, either in-person or online through a WebEX or something. I don't mind if it's a third party as long as the person is well-versed in Casper. Thanks,Z  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock Computer not working

I tried searching the existing forums for this and couldn't find what I was looking for. A computer was stolen from our campus and wiped, but was re-enrolled through DEP. Second one in a week. It's currently checking into our server (system reports i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying certificates to iPads

Hello all. We are new to JAMF, just adopted it managing over 500 ipads at our school. We are using our Lightspeed proxy and while setting it up to decrypt SSL (Google safe search and others) we found we needed to deploy its certificate to the ipads. ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-enroll Mac in JSS

I have seen a lot of topics where people talk about running their quick add packages to re-enroll a mac with the JSS. Maybe I am understanding what they mean incorrectly, but when I run a quick add package on a machine that has previously been enroll...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Asset Tag mass import

Hi All. We are just starting out with Casper and we have over 1000 iPads. All the iPads have an Asset Tag engraved into the back of them. We have a document that has the Asset Tag and Serial Number of the device linked together. Is there a way of imp...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto update jamf agent on Windows?

Hi All, I was wondering if the jamf agent on a windows computer could be auto updated? We have a few Windows computers on which we have the jamf.exe agent. But It seems that this agents does not get upgraded when a new version of the JSS is installed...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors