Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

How do I enable " Allow package to be uninstalled"

"You have to edit the package in either Casper Admin or within the pkg details in the JSS to check the box labeled "Allow package to be be uninstalled" Once you do that and save the changes, back in your policy, the uninstall option will be available...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cross-platform Desktop Notifications?

Hi All,Looking for any feedback on a product that can pop-up a window to notify users of something that's cross platform. I see a few products geared towards education and emergencies but wondering what people are using/what they think. I used to be ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Report on local admin who's FV2 enabled

Rolling out FV, and have decided to NOT enable the local admin user as a FV authorized user. Of course I'll want to search and report on any instance of our local admin being FV enabled. (RANT: that info is easily viewed in the Local User Accounts se...  View more

2afa907ddf614f94a8c34de33d1dd48f
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Authorization failed AD account

Currently I have some systems bound to AD , but every so often a few systems no longer allow standard AD accounts to log in. If I use an AD admin account I can log into the system without issue. Some additional information on the issue , if I turn of...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL batch command to run a nightly clean up?

Is there any way of setting up a batch command, to do the following nightly task?:i was looking at the mysql command line client, but I wasn't sure if there was a way to run with load with root privileges? use jamfsoftware;DELETE FROM jamfsoftware.mo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.9 change- Adding teachers in Casper Focus

BackgroundBetween JSS versions 9.82 and 9.9 there was a major change to the classes section in the JSS. This change affected the way we would typically add non-LDAP users as teachers. In JSS version 9.82 or earlier we could add the teachers by typing...  View more

040a34acba8d44338409bf508135f990 2be9242c1e674fcdaedee32aef30c65e ea6e24ce88664761ae155cb72619259a
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monitor JSS for mal-designed policies?

Due to strong segregation of duties here, we have a lot of people using our JSS. As a result, we do not always know what they are doing with it. Recently someone added a policy to distribute Adobe Flash. On every check-in. So it was installing every ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

8/2 – Austin Apple Admins Meetup @ Trusource Labs

Hi everyone! I hope to see some of our Austin-based friends for our next meetup on August 2nd! Our speaker will be Joel Rennich (@mactroll) of Trusource Labs, previewing content from his “Swift for shell scripters” talks that he’ll be giving at the 2...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Up New Devices (600+)

Alright, I will try and make this as clear as possible. I just started this job as the guy I'm replacing is moving on. He has been setting up iPads for each incoming class by hand, this means typing the wireless, configuration, and apple ID profiles ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bar Code 2 and Apple Enterprise Connect

Does anyone know how we can fill Bar Code 2? I don't see it as a choice in the list for JAMF recon:I only see the following: -assetTag, -endUsername, -realname , -email, -position, -building, -department, -phone, -room, -ldapServerID, -userID I'd lik...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script help for "Check AD name mismatch" EA

Calling script gurus... :) #!/bin/sh # # Compare ComputerName to AD bind name, report MATCH or MISMATCH. # Check AD name mismatch COMPUTER_NAME="`scutil --get ComputerName`" AD_NAME="`dsconfigad -show | grep "Computer Account" | awk '{print $4}' | re...  View more

2df24fc98129430380aca2b99a9ac5fb
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue Deploying Adobe CS6 Design Standard Package

I am receiving the following error when deploying the following package: Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is Adobe Setup installer: Installing at base path / installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling Keyboard Setup Assistant in El Cap

In the past renaming the assistant would disable it, but with SIP this is no longer an option. Has anyone found a workaround? All of our minis have third-party keyboards and I expect this is going to be a nuisance for students.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

All Computers has no computers..

Hi Guys, I have this weird bug with the JSS where when I apply a policy or so to "All Computers" and then go look in the logs there are no machines in it... has anyone seen this before? If so, anyone know how I can get them back? When I apply to a sm...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 - "installer: the install failed..."

I've been caching the Office 2016 package on machines and then installing through policy but on about 25% I am seeing failure with the below in the policy. installer: Installing at base path /installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recommended caching server specs questions

Adding caching servers for our elementary devices to cache iCloud for Apple Classroom. It'll be roughly 100 devices per Mac mini. Few questions:-Any real benefit to moving from the 1.4 i5 to the 2.6 i5?-Considering the SSD portion of a Fusion drive i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Search Computer Installed Services

I feel I may have missed this while searching around, but have not found an answer. Most search results include "Self Service" "JSS Service" ect. On my current JSS version 9.92.1466020067, I am not able to create a search for computer Services.See sc...  View more

9ace1162de48405d9c6daf1fa74f2cba
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors