Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Re issuing FV 2 Key issues

I have a policy that will reissue the FileVault 2 key and then record it in our JSS, using a script from another jamfnation post. It works perfectly well except for one point. Part of the script requires the user to input their password in order to u...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Memcached

This seems promising but I know nothing about it. I wonder what kind of performance impact we can expect by implementing this (in a clustered environment.)  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's the new Google Account iOS payload trick?

I couldn't find any information about how to set up the new Google Account iOS payload. I can get it to work if I input a specific user's info but how do I make it generic so that all users email info will get filled in? OR is this only supposed to b...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributing iBooks to iOS Devices

Distributing Apps through VPP has been a breeze since the update. No Apple ID required is a huge lift, thank you self service. Now we still have some teachers wanting iBooks for there class. Is there a process to push iBooks without the client having...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Spinning wheel on inventory listings

Hi all, Since upgrading to 9.93, whenever I run a search or inventory listing, I just see the heading, with number of results in brackets, and a spinning wheel / loading... status. The page never loads, so I can never see any devices. Has anyone else...  View more

e03b382ed6c1440b941830061111c649
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Spinning Wheel in Self Service

Any ideas? We currently have self service configured with no login. Some users are experiencing this shown in the picture. For some reasons their first initial - lastname is showing in the categories spot which isn't normal.it's starting to pop up ra...  View more

059f9677a5774a82a2407ec2e5a08a3c
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Other" account not showing up at login screen

I'm using Casper Admin to deploy a base OS X dmg along with our Active Directory setup. After the process finishes, the “Other” login option doesn’t show up on the login screen (only our admin account is present). The only way I can get "Other" to sh...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Importing new users from Apple School Manager

I need to create about 600 managed Apple IDs in Apple School Manager. I created a few test users in ASM and set up the sync time, but the users are not being created in the JSS. The documentation talks about matching criteria for existing users, but ...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

Importing computer lists to the JSS

Hi Folks, At one point, there was a tool called "The JSS Computer Importer." I believe it was a Python tool and I also thought I saw a Cocoa version at one point. Are these still used? How do you all deal with large deployments of new systems? This s...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSLClient - Identity

Hey Guys/Gals, Im working on setting up filebeats for logging PCI data. We want to encrypt the data that gets sent over the wire and it needs the Device identity that JAMF assigns to every computer. Since the Device Identity (Cert + Key) is in Keycha...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad change default language to spanish request

Hello, first my apologies if this request has already been answered.We have this year, iPads that will be given to students in a spanish immersion program where everything is done in spanish.I forgot about this when setting all the iPads up. Thus, th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Copy plist file for filemakerpro

I am having an issue coping a file into the current user Library/Preferences See below I have tried replacing the cp with mv,ditto and sudo in frontI have also tried putting the file in /tmpAre post install scripts able to run sudo commands? !/bin/sh...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to configure OS X via "Custom Setting" OS X Server

Hi, i need to configure OS X. I have OS X Server. I know that with the help of Custom Setting can edit files com.apple.*.plist. Example, i want to configure NTP Server and TimeZone for all users. How to do it? Just i don't know where to begin:( I ent...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clients Dropping out of Static Groups

Has anyone experienced computers just dropping out of static groups but remaining in a smart group? I am working to encourage our site admins to use static groups for organizing labs who's population does not change. One argument they have for not us...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config Profile to Disable Night Mode?

Is there a Config Profile setting to disable Night Mode in iOS? I haven't found anything so far but hoping someone here knows. I really, really hope so as our Board of Education wants to disable it for all the kids' ipads.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9.9.3 patch reporting - version issues

I've begun looking at the patch reporting included with Casper 9.9.3 and I've got some concerns because I'm seeing software update information that is either out of date or inaccurate: Out of date: Mozilla Firefox - listed as being 47.0.1 Mozilla Fir...  View more

16091a07dace4ffbbd3b7cff74879867 dedead8290f643328eae02dd918f2b58 3da3d3a260914d1eaff814ae5e3f7389 db410993c9fe4126b807f25ad8be39ec
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check for large file transfers onto USB Drives

We run an OS X based creative agency and what I want to accomplish is see when a user is gobbling up files before they quit. Ideally we'd trust all our files with the people appointed to run the projects, but in our industry people move around a lot ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stuck on Startup

I work at a community college and have a lab with 22 iMacs in it. All were running 10.11.6 and I had just deployed several pieces of software to them including a policy that created an non-admin local user. I then ran a policy to reboot all of the ma...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Focus failed: iOS 6 or later is required

After students devices have updated iOS to iOS10 the teachers are getting error message."Focus failed: iOS 6 or later is required" The error has occured on iPad2 and iPhone5, Casper Focus ver is 9.81 and casper suite is 9.91 Just wondering what needs...  View more

77c677abe02e400b98cbcba400bc5a52
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Little Snitch license

Hello, Does anyone have any experience in distributing Little Snitch registration info? We recently switched to a volume license and need to update every installation that we have to this new license. Thanks!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors