Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

SWID tags for JAMF Software products?

Currently, it appears that installing or enrolling an endpoint into Casper Suite doesn't create a software identification tag (SWID) for Casper Suite itself. Should it? More specifically: If installing JAMF Software's products, e.g. the jamf binary o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] AppleCare vs 3rd party warranty

We were refreshing our pricing quotes from our Mac computer sources, and one of them included an optional Accidental Coverage warranty for an almost negligible price difference from Applecare. Has anybody had any experience with these 3rd party warra...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy log displaying in JSS 9.92

I upgraded to JSS 9.92 from 9.81 the other day and so far so good with one exception. When I view Policy logs, the default view is now to only display 10 items at a time and sorted by computer name. I have to manually change it to display 100 items a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single APP Mode Safari Kiosk problem

Hi there, My company wanted to setup a kiosk with an iPad, it opens a webpage using and prints tickets for customers. So I added a WebClip that link to the site with full screen (so address bar is hidden and customers can't navigate to another webpag...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notifications Profile Setting not working?

Has anyone else had the new notifications feature working via JSS deployment? I have been attempting to combine the profile, with the use of the Self-Service Mobile App, so that it forces users to have to receive push notifications for the app. Or ha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User-Initiated Enrollment Default Site

Is it possible to set the default site with User-Initiated Enrollment? I'd rather it not be 'None' as i seem to get enrollments coming in with 'None' as their site. I've only have two sites and one is my lab deployments, so they would never use UIE a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Without SIP?

There's a ton of information about SIP out there, but here's a question... We have several old iMacs running Yosemite that we're going to be upgrading to El Capitan as part of our Casper workflow. This workflow also sets up a Boot Camp partition with...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

SPSS 24 Deployment

Hello JN, I attempted packing SPSS 23 about a year or so ago. I was successful in capturing a snapshot that worked great on the machine I built it on. But as explained here ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/analytics/spss/documentation/statistics/24....  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Firmware Password

We are currently auditing our password security and need to update the Firmware password on everyone's machine. Is there a way to do this via a script? The JSS EFI Password Policy to set a password comes back with an error that the EFI password is al...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conference schedule

All, I will be attending the conference for the first time this year. I don't think the schedule yet, at least I don't see it. For those of you who have attended in the past what time is it over the last day? I'm trying to make travel arrangements an...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

User and Location information is not populating

We have around 350 seniors that just graduated and their iPads are being "recycled" down to the incoming 7th grade class. I wiped each device using iTunes (iOS 9.3.3) and have tried setting it backup using the credentials of a 7th grader, we have LDA...  View more

55c546938e074663826cc139e1778e67 9931d708302d4f79925d7a6d9d53888e 5ddde91f6f50408ead8e655b441af500
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Handful of of Computer's Names changing after logout?

Hi, We have a policy using the option "Change the computer name on computers to match the computer name in the JSS" and we have it check in a login and logout. Everything is working fine, except for a few computers I will watch via ARD and they will ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sharing a File Share between multiple JSS contexts

I am investigating saving disk space by making a single File Share (and synchronised slaves) available to multiple JSS contexts. I have been able to manually copy packages to the file shares' packages folder and Casper Admin finds them when it starts...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Device Was Busy!

JSS: 9.92iOS: 9.3.3 I am enrolling iPad devices into our DEP Program. Apps download except for iMovie which keeps showing up in the management tab on some iPads with Device Was Busy! I can clear this and try and update inventory but it still shows th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with enrolling with the JSS-DMZ.

Hello Everyone! i am currently working on a project to place a JSS out on the DMZ. The current setup are as follows: JSS-DMZ is running on Windows 2012 R2JSS-DMZ is fully configured with Clustering and Limited Access to external connectionsJSS-DMZ DN...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Beta Sierra in Self Service ??

Has anyone tried to install the Beta Sierra via Self Service with success? using two poicies 1 = Cache (caching the installer works) 2 - install cached ? when running the self service policy (install cached) i get the following error Verifying packag...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

IP Address and Network Segment Priority

I'm curious as how a machine falls into a particular network segment. I'm working with a client whose LAN IP range could potentially conflict with consumer IP ranges, which would result in some policy failures. To get around that, instead of using th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

upgrading from 9.81 to 9.92

I decided to upgrade our JSS from 9.81 to 9.92 today. When I run the JSS Installer.msi I am prompted to "Please specify a network location for the server image of JSS product" and it defaults to the C: drive of our Windows server 2012 system. I've ne...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors