Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Heap Memory In Apache Tomcat

Hi Every One, I am Configuring Apache tomcat Server for the first time and I am Wondering how much memory should I assigned for Initial heap and Maximum heap. I Googled and found that initial heap size should be 1/64 of physical memory and maximum he...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Proxy Server Not Finding Users

I have setup an AWS instance holding the NetBoot/SUS/LDAP Proxy appliance inside of a VPC that has a VPN tunnel to our network (long story short: we have an ldap proxy server running and have tested connections back and forth). We've tested to and fr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing AVG and Avast Via script

Hi I am just wondering if anyone has a way to remove previous versions of AVG and Avast via script in group policy as i have a load of different versions and the current uninstaller is not working  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS LOG Shows this....ANY HELP

SYSDIAG MEM:[12899,236,1752,1492,85,755] CPUP:[23,0,0.0] CPUT:[45,46] FANS:[1799] SYSDIAG MEM:[12903,236,1748,1493,80,749] CPUP:[23,0,0.0] CPUT:[45,42] FANS:[1800] SYSDIAG MEM:[12899,236,1752,1492,85,755] CPUP:[23,0,0.0] CPUT:[45,46] FANS:[1799] SYSD...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assign to current user Self Service

Hey guys. I am trying to figure out a way to allow the users to assign the current device to them. The idea is we would hand the devices to a large amount of people. Have them log into Self Service with their Active Directory accounts, and then click...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice for Escaping Pathnames: "" or \ ?

Just curious: Are you a backslasher or a quoter? Example: Quotes:if [[ -f "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/com.apple.file.plist" ]]; then rm -f "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/com.apple.file.plist"fi OR Backslashes:if [[ -f /Volu...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Help] Auto Mount Network Drives At Login

Hello, I have been trying for some time to configure a script that will mount network drives for a user when they log into their Mac. I have been all over JamfNation and have read many of other users posts to try to get this to work in my environment...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dashboard Status "Completed/Remaining/Failed"

Hello JAMF Nation, can anyone confirm if this is a bug. MDM logs do say "Cancelled" instead of "Failed", but Dashboard doesn't reflect. Seems to be the same on JSS 9.92 (Temp JSS) as it is on JSS 9.82 (Production JSS). Please see screenshot... also f...  View more

3fa8dcfde18a471d9ffb65ddfb61e54a
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Units forgetting to connect to wifi at login screen

Hey everyone, This is a weird one. Our iMacs and Macbook Airs connect and authenticate to our wifi network at the login screen. I've configured both the iMac and Airs in a similar manner and they use the same profiles. The iMacs continue to connect, ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating from 2 Domains to 1 Need script help

Hi all,So we are currently moving from 2 domains to one, where each had different username. What I'm looking to do is script the move so it renames the existing user folder to what the new login will be. So Essentially, Unbind from old domain, delete...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP distribution after Packages migration

Heya, Super quick question that I'm sure one of you instantly knows the answer to... Migrated our Casper Share last week to another disk and re-created the share so that the JSS/Admin/Remote etc can see it, but HTTP distribution via policy is still a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Codes in JAMF after moving from Meraki?

Just started to use Casper instead of Meraki. Previously I have used my VPP account in Meraki, but now I have reclaimed all the licenses in Meraki and retired the users. Now I want to start using Casper instead. I have added the account, and in one p...  View more

ce98768606bb4ae89453c8eea2c6b348 242c06711fa64645b6ddedf8a0cf944a
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Sharing preferences

Hello everyone- I am curious how would I go about setting accounts en masse to have permissions for items within the sharing preference pane. My company is primarily a windows shop and the tier 1's would be using a different program to do screen shar...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gatekeeper question

With more and more malware finding its way to the Mac world, how are other admins configuring their Gatekeeper settings to protect users? I have a policy in place to disable Gatekeeper and it runs monthly since Gatekeeper wants to rearm itself every ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing profiles

Hi All, I have a group of about 200 machines that have an old profile installed that is causing some undesired behavior. What is best practice to removing the profile from those machines?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Few New Random Issues

Not quite sure whats been going on, have been imaging 10.11 fine for a month or 2 and had no issues. Do our base image and then second stage imaging, restart it and then I get this screen which we have never had before - Sometimes it will last a minu...  View more

034d588f095d4e1781761a869d8e5944
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Caching Server drives me crasy

Hello, i have set up an os x caching server which is doing his Job poorly. We have many iPads in our environment. I use the configurator 2 to wipe the iPads and for the enrollment process. These steps working fine for me. After i enrolled the iPads o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC Early Bird Registration - One week left!

Hi everyone - We wanted to post a reminder that the final day to take advantage of the Early Bird registration fee discount is next Wednesday, July 13th. We've seen a great response so far and are now planning for the largest JNUC yet! We've posted 1...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with Wifi configuration profile

Prior to joining my company, the last person who managed the wifi configuration profile configured it so that machines would auto-join our wireless network. We found that updating the certificates and pushing out the updated certs over Wi-Fi (most us...  View more

ab349545071849e69df238d6cf9c2fd8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock icons added when OS is being rebooted?

We have our main policy that does the software installs, adds the dock icons and then set the custom event to Bind to AD. We made the dock icons via Casper Admin and there are added via the Dock Icons in the policy. However, the policy completes, sta...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Helper screen and first run script question

Hi Folks, I am seeing something a little strange that I have seen in the past, not sure if there is a work around. We have a NetBoot server that we netbook to. When we finish imaging and reboot to the local hard drive, I have several packages to inst...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors