Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

VPP assignments to Devices asking for Apple ID Sign In

Currently setting up some classroom iPads and using Device based VPP so they don't require an apple ID. Also making sure the app installs automatically. I did this 7 months ago and it worked fine. Now I'm doing it again and some apps are prompting to...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

User-Initiated Enrollment - Is it LDAP users only?

Hi, I want to start using user initiated enrollment within Casper. I have enabled it within JSS. However from a Macbook, when I go to https:///enroll, I type in the enrollment username and password, and then I am faced with "Assigned to user" page. W...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Sierra betas and retail

Does anybody have the process name for the Sierra installer, so I can add it to restricted software? I need to make sure the Sierra is not installed on any of the Macs in my environment. The Sierra installer should have a unique name, right?  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBooks and Windows File Server

Hi all, I am setting up Casper, and I will be binding to AD and using Windows file serving. For MacBook's that are taken home, what is best practice for getting user data backed up to the UNC path or a mounted network drive?Thank you for any help, I ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

All Computers (177) while Smart Groups shows 174

I have a Smart Group with the criteria of COMPUTER NAMES LIKE XXX- and the results are 174 computers. All my computers begin with XXX- I also tested NOT LIKE XXX- and had 0 results I can not figure out why ALL COMPUTERS is saying 177 imacs = 79Mac mi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver whilst enrolment policies are running

Our current thin imaging workflow involves our technicians logging into a new Mac, setting up a local Administrator account and then running the Quickadd.pkg from a USB stick. We then have a number of policies set to run at enrolment time. Is there a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted software not working?

My organization restricts certain software in Casper (torrenting programs for example) however when I added entries for new software to restrict, I am still able to open the programs on my test machine. I'm not sure why the older software restriction...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thin Imaging?

I usually don't use discussion forums to look for answers to my problems, but after scouring the net it feels like it's the only place I might be able to get a straight answer. I've recently been assigned to a project in a school district that involv...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Cannot install" error in Self Service

Hi, I'm trying to learn how to create packages and install them using Self Service. Normally here we have someone who knows Casper Suite much better than me but I'm a bit of a novice. I'm a bit lost as to what I'm missing being a novice? I've used Co...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

setting system environment variables

During the time I worked support in the Windows world I made use of system variables often. It was nothing to set a system variable to represent a particular status. This would be readable no matter what user account would be logged in. Up to now I d...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Winclone, Windows 10, Boot Camp, and Casper?

I have a new iMac running El Capitan, and I used Boot Camp Assistant to create a partition and install Windows 10. I booted to it, installed the boot camp drivers, installed one piece of software, uninstalled a bunch of the stupid crap that Windows 1...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Safari Private Mode on iPad

Hi All, has anyone been able to force private mode for Safari/WebClips (non-full screen)? I also checked new profile settings in Apple Configurator 2 and found nothing. We need to perform purchase transactions but don't want to retain any shopping ca...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

MAS VPP and Xcode

I've scoured through the 'Nation and not really found anyone discussing this. What with device based app installation from the App Store, and our issues with a VERY large (maybe close to 20GB package) for Xcode, we're trying to transition to the VPP/...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

A naive question, please forgive me...

Hello Folks, I was always told that no question is a dumb question, but I am not sure about this one. I have to ask because I don't really know and it might lead me to some answers. For some reason, I have always believed that packages from the devel...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 and AutoDMG

We use AutoDMG to quickly build images for machines. We include Office 2016 in the image so we don't have to push through casper. After imaging Office won't open. Been having no success getting it to properly work. Is anyone else doing it this way an...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to prevent Office macros from being run?

I know that the user gets a warning when opening up an Office file with Macros, and they can then choose to enable the macros. Is there any way to prevent the user from being able to enable them? A script or perhaps a preference setting? Thanks, Jame...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up bsdpy

I am having a hard time setting up bsdpy using the commands located on Github. This is making me feel like a novice but I'll admit I don't have a lot of Github experience. I cut and paste every command without issue, but when I get to the final comma...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Testing DEP and VPP in non-production environments

Hello. Our team currently has three JSS environments, production, staging, and development. Development work is done in dev, and testing is done in staging (which has a regularly cloned copy of the JSS database) before it gets moved to prod. We are c...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration with Apple TVs

So I have a question regarding using Apple configuration to setup numerous Apple TVs.We have the Apple TVs fairly locked down in regards to the menu setup, content restrictions, and a name scheme as well. I'm not fully understanding the whole configu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renaming a Mac already bound to AD?

Is it possible to rename a Mac while it's already bound to AD? We have a particular naming scheme we follow and have been told it needs to change. All of our Macs are in AD so it would be nice if we could rename them without the steps to unbind, rena...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 2 kudos

Inconsistent Imaging Results

After four labs of Macs, roughly 90 Macs, I am getting very frustrated at the failure rate to actually finish the imaging process. Our core OS was created with AutoDMG. It has worked for a while, but now we are on JSS 9.92.14660200067, the latest. He...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors