Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Updates to Inbound/Outbound Traffic with Jamf Cloud

As a follow-up to a recent post regarding some additional IP address that have been included in the Outbound traffic from Jamf Cloud, below is a list of the Outbound IP Address that have been added. For a complete list, please see the “Permitting Inb...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43 Now Available

Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.43. Highlights of this release include: Conditional Access Registration Improvements The process for registering computers with Microsoft Intune has been improved in the following ways: • The process name of the age...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 5 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Migration to Devices based App Assignements

Hi guysAny experience what happens if I remove the Apple ID based assignment of an iOS app and directly after the removal will assign the same app to the device the user is using. Will the app be reinstalled with the user loosing all his data?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Previous user Exchange information on reissued iPad

Has anyone else come across this issue where we reissue an iPad and go through the enrollment process, but after our configuration profiles are installed and it asks for an Exchange password it will ask for the previous user's password. I think this ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 9.81 Erase Disk failing

I just noticed that Casper Imaging 9.81 is failing to erase the disk when the option is selected and any configuration other than Empty is chosen. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? I hadn't noticed anything before hand as all of the imaging I was ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sign out of Adobe ID after package installs

Hi JAMFNation! I've recently created an Adobe Package using the Adobe Packager tools, pretty standard. Using a post install script by rmaldon, link is here if necessary. [https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=13232](script listed her...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default Desktop in 10.11

I may have missed this conversation since we're just starting to mess with 10.11 here... Whats the secret to setting the Default Desktop now that SIS is blocking access to the System Folder? I don't want a permanently set background for the user but ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service - Menu Bar Icon or System Preferences Icon

Hi Folks, This is my first post, I've been playing around with Casper for a few months now and I decided to get self service up and running. I have had no issue getting it to work. I would however like to make it a menu item on the top of the screen ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blue Jeans

Nice, so Blue Jeans distributes a DMG containing an "installer" that you double-click to have it install into ~/Applications. Rolled up sleeves and discovered they're sneaking in the PKG behind the scenes. Spoke to the developer, not sure why they do...  View more

• 55 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stop Creation of iPad Folders

Is there a way to prevent users from creating folders on iPads? Problem is that some of our young geniuses like to drag an app to another app to create a folder and then give the folder a poorly chosen name - usually some cuss word or something just ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a way to get policy reports

Is there any way (api?) to pull reports on the amount of times and logs of policies run per machine? Say we have a Self Service policy that we want to see monthly usage of broken down by machine... anyway to non-manually get that data?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ipad - Password

Is it possible to make it so that DEP enabled iPads do not need a password to unlock the screen. The iPads are only being used to control video conferences in our conference rooms. They do not leave the room. So we would like to make it so they do no...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Encryption of Database

Hi all, I've got a bean counter wanting to add firewalls, switches etc. as Peripheral Types. And she wants the device admin credentials added to the Peripheral Types. My question is whether this is secure. Ugn I wish I hadn't opened my mouth about Pe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recent selfsolve.apple.com changes for warranty info

I just discovered that if you go to https://selfsolve.apple.com/ to lookup the warranty status on a Mac, you are now presented with a captcha - a pretty nasty one at that. I suspect this may prevent those warranty scripts out there from fetching the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn off El Capitan Notification

In the top right corner of the screen there has been a notification stating that El Capitan is available now. Does anyone have a method to stop those kinds of notifications? I don't want to block notification center all together, just not get alerted...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto name iPad based on device serial number

I have 50 iPads that I have the device serial number for in an excel spreadsheet. I work for a community college and will be dividing up iPads around our district libraries for students to check out and take home. We use Casper (cloud) for our MDM an...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Creating New Base Build

Chaps, I gt a nice new MacBook Retina out yesterday, installed a few pieces of software on it (prefer it this way then waiting for package installs) as a base build - this is how we used to do it on DeployStudio - so had office, creative cloud etc, u...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Permanent Dark mode setting

Hi guys, for those of you interested in making Dark mode the default mode for all users open the this hidden file: /Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist and add this text after the first tag or however you normally like to write changes to p...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS - one branch local, one branch from Apple

Hey guys, perhaps a misleading title... What I want to know: is it possible to configure a NetSUS appliance with two different branches; one branch where update downloads are done from the NetSUS ANDone branch where updates are only filtered and down...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Binding to AD during Imaging

I am a newbie to both Casper and Macs in general and am trying to create my Casper image workflows but I have hit an issue with AD binding (I require joining all Macs to a Windows network). In Casper Admin there is an item called 'AD' of the type 'Bu...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles please help!

my issue..is1. I created Configuration profile for "Login message" and push it to all the Managed computers so the each computer will see our organization name in their login window. But I did not realized that Local-user only was checked in. Which c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors