Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Screen Saver set to specific static image?

I know there's no good built in way to do this in Casper, and googling isn't turning up anything particularly helpful. I've been mandated to make a static image as every Mac's screen saver. Yes, I know. Completely defeats the purpose of having a scre...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

softwareupdate.go?

Anybody ever see this, I have no idea what is causing this file to be on the root level of OS X (macOS). Is it Apple's softwareupdate? Looks like it might be. thx. john  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safe to enroll distribution points in JSS?

I work for a school district, and we're thinking about placing a distribution point in every building to lessen network load (approx. 25 buildings). JSS doesn't seem to have a great way to manage distribution points (e.g. checking uptime, network sta...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS6 Sign In Required

We're having an issue "Serializing" Adobe CS6. The installation of CS6 is part of a monolithic image. I have followed the instructions provided HERE to create and administer a Serializer package. After running the policy and opening Photoshop, Adobe ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoDMG?: FUT & FEU using AutoDMG?

Hey all, I may no longer be able to use Casper Imaging :( for my needs. Been looking at AutoDMG and my question is if at all possible to FUT & FEU with it as Casper Imaging does so nicely already? Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a dupe. -p  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock Items

Hey All, We're in the process of moving from MCX to config profiles, but I'm having a problem when it comes to the dock. I used mcxToProfile to convert the dock plists (all of our school sites have varying items) which worked great with the exception...  View more

• 44 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mass Delete Using Serial Number List?

Hello, We are in the process of selling many of out 8th grade MacBooks to the students. We are marking them sold in our cataloging system and have run the removeframework (along with many other tasks), but we never figured out how to script deleting ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstalling FortiClient the fun and easy way

Fortinet's recent FortiOS 5.4.1 release for their FortiGate security appliances prevents any version of FortiClient prior to 5.4.1 from registering to the appliance. Users may even get a "FortiClient is being actively blocked from registration" which...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Manage ipfw rules with configuration profiles?

We need to push some specific ipfw rules to machines. Can anyone suggest a way to do this with configuration profiles? We need port 22 open for Casper Remote, but don't want to expose people's laptops to port 22 when they leave campus. We need a rule...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

No admin accounts, how to add one?

I know, there are a lot of ways normally, but hear me out. I'm working on a Mac Mini that is having issues. After enrolling it in Casper and bringing it up to El Cap, at some point during this process, all admin rights were removed from all the accou...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Apple Classroom without Users

Switching from user-based app deployment to device-based app deployment, and hoping to avoid using any AppleID. At the same time, can Apple's Classroom app be used so that teacher/student/class assignments are all device based? Hoping to avoid using ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ticket Viewer on 10.11.5 (and perhaps other OS versions)

I am finding that when I log into my computer, I get a kerberos tgt ticket with the user name in lower-case (i.e. jsmith@TEST.COM) . But if I request a kerberos TGT ticket using Ticket Viewer on 10.11.5 (on a Mac bound to Active Directory) I get the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat Memory Allocation, Alternatives?

Is there another way to up Tomcats’ memory in Windows other than using tomcat7w.exe? We’re running our JSS on Windows 2012 R2, and our DB is MySQL on a separate Linux server. I’d like to up Tomcat’s memory via the JSS, but when I try and use C:Progra...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advice on Profile Exclusions

All of my managed Macs have a login window Profile that prevents automatic login. End result: Everyone must authenticate at the OS X login window with AD (or cahched) credentials. Typical IT privacy/secuirty policy etc. I deployed a new home/remote o...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

upgrade to 9.92 now not running policies on enrollment

Just had an upgrade from 9.81 to 9.92, I have now noticed that since the upgrade, policies that run on 'Enrollment' are not running. looking at the /var/log/jamf.log shows 'checking for policies triggered by "enrollmentComplete" but none of the enrol...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMART Notebook Activation

We're imaging using a monolithic image and I'm having issues activating SMART Notebook on OS X. I'm trying to activate SMART Notebook automatically using their silent image command, but it isn't working. When I run the command in Terminal, it works f...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename Dock Item in Casper Admin ??

is it possible to change the name (in Casper Admin) associated with a Dock Item ? if so how ? for example; application is named Pumpkin.app but I want the dock item to be named 'Pump' NOT Pumpkin  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service won't install in Imaging process

First time using Casper Imaging and ran into a few hiccups, but slowly working them out. Biggest issue now is Self Service will not install on the imaged machines. We are using target imaging, and it laying down El Capitian, and a few other packages....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time to upgrade?

This Fall we will be significantly increasing our device load on the current JSS server. Right now it is a 4x core Xeon with 8GB RAM. Runs fine but has had some 'slowness' issues this past school year. DB is local. This Fall we will be hitting 6K iPa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting / Verifying Mac SUS problem...

I've set up a Software Update Server and pointed clients at it in the JSS. This seems to work fine on most clients, but on a few it's still going to Apple / App Store for updates. if I run the command to check where it's pointed: sudo defaults read /...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Homebrew potentially breaking JAMF binary

So as part of the homebrew installation process it advises that you may need to perform the following if you're on El Cap sudo chown $(whoami):admin /usr/local && sudo chown -R $(whoami):admin /usr/local user/ Obviously with the JAMF binary being loc...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft office

Hello, How can i add Microsoft office and photo shop in my image with serial number in it Any help  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors