Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta 2 is Now Available!!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta 2. We've added support for Apple's Declarative Device Management along with a few refinements and fixes. Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta features many fixes and some exciting new enhancements including ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.41 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation, Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.41. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, review the release notes here. Cloud Upgrade Schedule Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Safari Proxy issues

So starting to reach my sanity point with this issue and figured I'd turn for help. So here's the background: We use a proxy server to handle connections going outside the company. A simple "http-proxy" port 80 deal. When the user first goes to an ex...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Google Chrome

Hi All, I am just wondering how do you guys update Chrome for all your macs? Do you uninstall it and redeploy from JSS? I am asking this because my macs in my environment has outdated Chrome and I need to update them, but unsure how I can achieve thi...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari AutoFill

When Safari prompts you to save a username and password if you choose the 'never..' option how/where does it remember that for a particular site? I want to push out something to multiple machines to never remember the username and password for select...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 2008 R2 JSS Install

Aaaaannnd...while I'm at it.Trying to install JSS on a Server 2008 box. Fully patched. Whenever I run the JSS installer, I keep getting a Java error message saying I need to have at least version 1.6. I've had 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8. JDK and JRE. I've gon...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite and separating out iWorks

Hi gang, Anyone else having issues building out a new Yosemite image without Keynote,Pages, etc...? I've done several Yosemite installs with the hopes of creating a clean iWorks free image, however that App Store update notification will come up and ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

RAW Updates for CS6 will End with upcoming v9.1.1

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2015/07/update-to-camera-support-policy-in-cs6.html In order to pursue further innovations in image processing and workflow technology, the next release of Adobe Camera Raw (v 9.1.1) will be the final version a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Student AD Search Policy Clearing

I seem to be having some difficulty getting my script to work. Maybe someone on here might see something i don't. #!/bin/bash dscl /Search -delete / CSPSearchPath "Active Directory/HAVERGAL/All Domains" i am trying to push this script out in order to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Lync Disable local saves of conversations

I have been tasked with remotely disabling and blocking the option in lync to save lync conversations locally. This would, from that point forward, prevent any new conversations from being saved, BUT - we need the ability for the users to read previo...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enabled File Sharing on all Macs using JSS

Does anyone know if it's possible to enable file sharing on all Macs in our office using a JSS policy or Config profile? I've done some research and I've seen some talk about scripts and putting a script in a policy but I'm not sure of that process. ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf and jamfHelper hidden functions

I'm noticing that on first boot the postinstall.sh that is generated by Casper Imaging runs the following as the first line which is supposed to lock down the login window: /usr/sbin/jamf launchJAMFHelper -path '/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 observations

so i decided to jump at signing up for office 365 for business (we got good non-profit pricing, so i went with it) 1.) contact sync issues with rackspace - apparently the new Outlook isn't yet fully compatible. I set up an account, it downloads the e...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dual Boot Partition Issues

I have infront of me an iMac that has 256 Apple flash storage, but I cannot for the life of me get Casper Imaging to partition the drive and install the dual boot image we have. Is there a problem with SSD's?  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP invitation received far to quickly

There is a workflow issue with the vpp invitation process. Scenario.DEP prestaged device, with user login required to setup...Fresh out of the box ipad, First time ipad user. User has created an icloud account through setup of the ipad.user is then i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS not showing mapped printer

I seem to have come across a tricky problem where I have 2 printers mapped/installed on our Macs and when looking at the Inventory of any one machine, it is only showing 1 of the printers. Our setup:Running Mac OS X v10.9.5 over about 100 machines. O...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing CA certs to mobile apps

I recently got iOS mobile devices working in our JSS installation. But I could only get it to work by manually installing our 3rd party trusted CA certificate. I was trying to follow:https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=192 Specificall...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scoping Self Service Plug-ins?

Is it possible to scope Self Service Plug-ins to specific groups? For example, I want to have a link to "QuickStart" guides for applications that are installed on specific Macs. Then scope a smart group with those apps installed, so those who do not ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Webclips in Self Service Mobile app?

I apologize if this is a silly question, but I don't see how to put installable web clips in Self Service. I don't want to push them out to every device without asking, but make them visible to everyone through Self Service. I feel like I've overlook...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config profiles and AD bindings

Yo.. Wanted to get your guys recommendations on AD bindings and retrieving an AD certificate? For me, there’s 2 ways to do this.. Policy for AD binding, and then an AD Cert config profile. Config profile containing both AD binding and AD cert. Howeve...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't net boot more than 8 clients at the same time

We used Apple SIU and Casper SIU to create net boot images respectively and place them on two separate net boot servers but no matter which net boot image client is using to boot up, it can't net boot more than 8 computers at a time. It seems like ne...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin Rights through AD Group

Hi guys, Currently we assign admin rights through AD user groups to machine. This works fine when on our organisations network. However, if we take a machine off the network users lose admin rights. They log in off the network and they are seen as no...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors