Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Looking into Casper as an MDM solution

Hey JAMF Nation, We are currently looking into Casper as our MDM solution wanted to reach out and see if some of you could provide us with some feedback/personal experiences re: Onboarding Ease of management Pain points etc... if you would be ok with...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting started with iBeacons... help?

I apologize for this possibly vague or overused question... but what in the world do I need to do to get started using iBeacons? My boss purchased a small set of 3 Bleu Beacons from TwoCanoes for us to mess around with and take for a test drive but I...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Updates

I know that there is an issue with doing iOS updates with JAMF. The last update I used apple configuration do to the updates on all the iPads in a cart at once. The only downside is you have to hit trust this computer. Is there a way somehow to get p...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Perth Apple Admins - June Meetup

Hello fellow Perth Apple Admins Christ Church Grammar School is hosting a meet up of Perth Apple Admins on Friday 3rd of June. If you are involved with managing Apple devices in your environment we would love you to see you there. Admins from all ind...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ability to see when Keyboard or mouse were unplugged

This idea/feature/request will seem odd to allot of people but i work in a school and we are seeing mice and keyboards been disconnected and moved or stolen I will walk around the school at the ends of the day looking for issues with computers and wh...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA For Crashplan ProE 5.2

I rewrote some of the EA's that weren't working for me anymore. I left out the PC part, since we don't use casper or crashplan for PC's...Size of selected fileset: #!/bin/sh # Modified 5/17/16 by djdavetrouble for new API Calls # Third-Party Product ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9.9 and Imaging 10.11 Issue

We use Imaging drives built from Casper Imaging 9.9 to image systems to OSX El Capitan, and we are seeing an issue where (as seen in the attached image) Performing Block Copy->Cleaning up after Block Copy->Erasing Macintosh HD->Installing OSX~.dmg. I...  View more

0b070da9fed74c51a5ccc3a96f9e3259
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobiledeviceinvitations API - Proper XML form

I am looking for the required fields for the proper creation of a mobile device invitation. drew.peterson@domain.com JSS helpdesk@domain.com Mobile Device Enrollment Invitation Tap the link to enroll your mobile device. %@ EMAIL false true 2016-0...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting Screensaver picture and style

Hi Guys, I have spent ages trying to get together a way of setting the screensaver to a company picture. I've tried scripts and Screensaver packages created in composer, configuration profiles, I can't seem to find a solution. Can someone suggest to ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Categories

Can someone explain to me how categories are expected to work? I haven't found a clear answer in documentation yet, but I thought that by assigning priority numbers I would influence the order the categories appeared. Mine all show up in alphabetical...  View more

31605a11cb7b48a5ac1e0088727923d7 c3a55deae95640c7961eb63f2d01c101
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Categories

Can someone explain to me how categories are expected to work? I haven't found a clear answer in documentation yet, but I thought that by assigning priority numbers I would influence the order the categories appeared. Mine all show up in alphabetical...  View more

90a835e470aa4b3b9d474bd6b0d954b1 0ab480e264734b5ab18f49497b13b91a
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot process hangs with FV enabled on 10.11.x?

I noticed my freshly imaged 10.11.4 computers were hanging on boot when FV was enabled. To troubleshoot, if I do an erase and install of 10.11.5 and enable FV through system prefs - machine boots normally. If I do an erase and install of 10.11.5 and ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile SCEP/WiFi fails

Hi there, I have a configuration profile for certificates, SCEP configuration and WiFi configuration. It works fine as long as only one network is configured but as soon as I configure more than one it fails with " ". I can't find anything while goog...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

on boarding iOS 9.3.2 devices

I'm currently trying to enrol two iOS 9.3.2 iPad mini's one previously enrolled but its listing deleted from mdm, and the other a bod freshly restored and supervised. The freshly restored device, is taking the enrolment certificate, but isn't enrolli...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Some of us have to work

Good work on organising this patrick, However its a bit to early in the day. Maybe worth considering changing this to after work hours so people from all industries can attend  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Still no good way to restrict system updates?

I know this has been a thing for a long time now, just wanted to see if anything had improved with regards to point upgrades like today's 10.11.5 update. We still can't set a Restricted Software record for this because it just uses Installer.app, cor...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging quits when you click "Image"

I have just created a new El Capitan Base Image (10.11.4), but Casper Imaging simply "quits" or crashes when I click the Image button. This is while running off our netboot server running 10.11.3, and it only happens when I choose a configuration tha...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Power Off in Single App Mode

Hi: I'm trying to setup some iPad minis (Gen 2) in Single App Mode utilizing Apple Configurator 2 and CasperSuite 9.91. After getting everything working and the correct app in Single App Mode I've found that you can't power the iPads down. You can re...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

GSX RPR.COM.008: Choose a Ship-To location

We've had our GSX Certificate working for some time now, and I've been able to update the purchasing information with no issue, however this morning when I tried to update I received the message:RPR.COM.008: Choose a Ship-To location. It goes from Lo...  View more

d7307bcd6c9045d3935f44d74ad4f8f0
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart vs. Static groups

We are getting ready to deploy about 200 iPads to our teachers and they need to have different restrictions than students. What are your recommendations for using a Smart group when applying configuration profiles? What load do Smart groups have on t...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group Questions

Good Morning, I have a few questions about Smart Groups. My first question is, I am using re-usable Smart Groups for applications that get updated frequently, Flash, Acrobat Reader, Firefox, etc. Is this a good idea or should I create a Smart Group e...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How does iOS automatic app updating work in practice?

How is automatic iOS app updating supposed to work, from end to end? The manual doesn't really spell out the behavior you are supposed to see. In my environment, we have JSS 9.82 and iOS 9.3.1. Apps are device assigned via VPP, auto updates and the 2...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors