Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

NYC Metro JAMF User Group May 2016 Meeting

It's not just Star Wars day...it's also time to announce the 12th NYC Metro JAMF User Group meeting will be held on Wednesday 4th, 2016 4:30 to 6:30 PM. at Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, 6th Floor New York, NY, 10014. The bi-monthly ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling/Removing OS X Native Apps

Hey everyone,I am not sure if this is a regurgitated topic, but I wanted to ask if there is any best practice, suggestions and/or ramifications for removing apps that are native to OS X, like FaceTime, Messages, Mail. We have Lync and Microsoft Outlo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Cap preference pane question

I'm working on an updgrade path to El Captian and noticed something fun. I discovered the lovely world of SIP. So in 10.10 we moved several preference panes to a hidden location to stop users from using them. But in 10.11 we can't move preference pan...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple "Update Inventory" Button for each device

I got tired of having to go into JSS every time I needed to Update Inventory on a kid's iPad, so I wrote a SUPER simple python script that runs a webserver (using Flask) to update it via the API. Basically, you set the script to run, create a configu...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

PMSet Extension attribute

Does anyone know of an EA that will read in the pmset –g settings? When McAfee manages File Vault 2, it makes some changes to the power management settings for security reasons. When we trigger FV2 with JSS, does it do anything similar?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading to El Capitan and loses wireless connection

We are running Casper 9.82. I know that 9.9 was recently released but I'm holding out for a bit since 9.82 is working well unless you believe this issue is fixed in 9.9 I'd rather hold out. The version of El Capitan is 10.11.4. And it's a WPA2 PEAP a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Helping each other get to JNUC 2016

Hello JAMF Nation, Thanks for all of the dialogue around JNUC 2016. In the first three days after the site became available, over 100 of you registered — both from business and education. Last year at this time, we hadn’t launched the site yet. We ho...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config profiles being removed automatically?

We're experiencing an issue with our configuration profiles being removed, which I am currently working with JAMF support on. I wanted to check with the community and see if anyone else has run into this. We're on JSS 9.9, and the computers are runni...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile Manager broken after JSS 9.9 update

Not sure if its just coincidence or not, but it seems like since I upgraded JSS to version 9.9 we cannot get to the Profile Manager login page. We've had this issue before and I think it stems from Casper using the same port as something else in OS X...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lightspeed User Agent Script

We have recently installed a new Lightspeed Rocket. I have pushed out a new User Agent to all of our Mac's to make sure everything is up-to-date. However, the new user agent doesn't appear to be syncing with the Rocket. There is a script that they sa...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

APN stops pushing every two days

Hi Jamfnation, i work for a school now and we have 1200 computers and 200 mobile devices enrolled in Casper. We are running Casper Suite 9.9, Mac OS X 10.10.5 on the computer clients and iOS 9.0 to iOS 9.3.1 (update process is running) on mobile devi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Deploy in-House App

We are testing the deployment of in-House apps. We use the cloud based JSS. Support provided a test in-House app and it works fine. When we try to deploy an in-House app that was created by a developer internallly. We've added the in-house app to the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computername and user from JSS to LanDesk (API?)

I'm wondering if anyone else has used the API to export data from the JSS to another inventory application, i.e. LanDesk? Up to me, we'd just be using Casper for inventory but someone that gets paid more than me seems to think it's a good idea to use...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 4.0.0 Error in software update branch

HiI hope I am posting this in the right location. If not please let me know where I should. The issue I am having is after a new install of NetSUS 4.0.0 and running the syncfor the first time I get one error on top of the software update branch that ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Austin Apple Admins April Meetup @ HomeAway

If you're in Austin on April 20th please swing by HomeAway for our next meetup! There will be presentations, food, maybe drinks (?!), networking, good conversations, and more. Hope to see you there! JAMF RSVP: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/user...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.9 and enrollmentcomplete trigger

Anyone else having issues running policies with the enrollment complete trigger? Iv'e been testing new DEP workflows with 9.9 and while the Mac pulls down the MDM Profile and installs the agent and Self Service, it never seems to fully enroll. The Ja...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

(Yet Another) Firefox and CCK2 Post

All Im starting to manage Mozilla Firefox ESR via CCK2 and JAMF. I have a few questions regarding aspects that are still a bit unclear to me. 1) Since the managed settings live inside the Firefox.app bundle itself, I assume this means I must manage a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run GUI app from Self Service as root?

In the past uninstalling the WebEx productivity Tools only required me to index the package via Casper Admin, enable the uninstall option for it, then create a policy that uninstalls it. The recent version no longer works when I do that. I see that t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing MDM Solution

We are currently in transition from MobileIron to Casper Suite for our iOS MDM solution. Since we were already using Casper Suite for Mac OS X management so it was natural progression to consolidate device management system into one. Any new devices ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BASH/osascript: Show rsync progress in Dialog Window?

Hi All,I've been trying to find a "good way" of doing this and am coming up short - does anybody have a nice way of somehow showing progress or status from a terminal command in an osascript-created dialog? Is this even possible? :) I'm using rsync -...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving to New JSS

Hi Guys, I have a bit of a weird issue, I am moving to a new JSS and I am trying to do a IP range recon, this keeps failing with a socket error, I have tried to push a quickadd and this has failed too through ARD. If however I do a single recon to on...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Configuration

Hello - I am having trouble getting the JSS to communicate to iTunes for VPP. I am seeing the following error on the JSS. 2016-04-11 08:00:51,198 [ERROR] [Tomcat-5258] [ITunesStoreUtils ] - Error performing iTunes API Search: java.net.ConnectExceptio...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to Name Computers

My team has nobody with any scripting ability, so this is tough for us because it takes a lot of the power of Casper Suite out of our hands. When we currently manually image a machine, we name our machine under a "Dept-Building-Asset Tag" naming sche...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-configure Citrix Receiver iOS app

Greetings and salutations, I'm wondering if anyone is deploying the Citrix Receiver iOS app with their Citrix server "pre-populated" so that it is already setup when a user opens it for the first time. Is anyone doing this now and may I ask how? I'm ...  View more

dd707c567e894b5aa53690c160904267
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors