Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Enable dock magnification login script

I'm trying to enable the dock magnification when a new user logs in for the first time by putting the following in a login script defaults write /Users/$3/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock magnification -boolean TRUE killall Dock If I manually run i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS on AWS Beanstalk

Has anyone played around with the idea of hosting their JSS not only in AWS, but via AWS Beanstalk? There's probably some drift here from what JAMF would support, but I'm curious if anyone has taken the effort. The idea here being that your JSS is on...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Flash Player 21.0.0.226 release notes?

Has anyone seen release notes for 21.0.0.226? I feel like I've searched everywhere but can't find anything. It was released late last week and seems to be a Mac only release. In the past I've updated our systems automatically but now management wants...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transferring Data to New iPads

Hello Everyone, We are in the process of upgrading our teacher iPads to new iPad Pros and we are looking for advice on the best way to transfer all of their existing data to the new iPad. The current and new iPads are both Supervised with DEP and enr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Office 2016 VL Serializer

Good Morning We have the Office 2016 Volume license. I wanted to test the use of the VL Serializer pkg. I am unsure as to how the Serializer is supposed to work. When I install one of the office pkgs, then install the VL Serializer my Office apps are...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Home Screen Layout: Remove Web Clips?

Stupid question: if I'm using the new home screen layout feature in iOS 9.3, how does one remove webclips? Wiggle mode is disabled when this is on. Apps can be removed from Settings > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage. But, I have a cart iPad w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick script to disable Firefox auto-updates?

Are any of you using a post install script to disable firefox auto updates? I usually build out the package in composer and disable auto-updates using a .js file that way. However, I've moved over to using autopkgr, and am not using composer. I'm thi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macs crashing(restarting) due to web browsing

I have a bunch of iMac14,1 and MacBookPro11,1 models where some are having regular kernel panics almost once per day. Reading thru the kernel panic logs, i'm finding that they're all very similar and seem to point to the graphics card and com.apple.w...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scheduleing SUS updates with a Policy

I took my first stab at running a scheduled Policy that downloaded/installed SUS updates and then rebooted clients as needed. See screenshot for reference. In a nutshell, my IT dept has a monthly maintence window on the 3rd Saturday night of each mon...  View more

9493d941d7574a95b48ba57ef61a4731
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Account Creation in MacBook DEP and JSS 9.91

Just updated to JSS 9.91 and was starting to work with DEP for MacBooks now that it has features we were needing. I noticed that with being able to create another local account that some info was missing. I am able to specify the Username and Passwor...  View more

bcaa2a7764a9447096379f593b5c992e
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Added Stuff To Github Finally

If anyone is interested I added a bunch of scripts I have written over the past decade or so into a Git repo. Mostly EA's but I also have a script for managing AD Admin Rights using AD groups. Check it out and let me know if you see anywhere improvem...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil Extention Attribute Scripting Help

I have been learning more about if statements, and came up with the idea of using one in an Extension Attribute along with dockutil to look for Self Service in user Docks, and if not found add it back. In Terminal the command dockutil --find 'Self Se...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Listed version does not match downloads

Noticed this twice now. The notice of a new version (in this case version 50.0.2661.86) is listed on the discussion board, but the link ( https://dl.google.com/chrome/mac/stable/GGRO/googlechrome.dmg) still points to an old version... in this case, a...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Hot Corners with Configuration Profile

Hi,I'm struggling with Mission Control's hot corners.I created a Config Profile from a cleaned com.apple.dock.plist. Everything works, the settings are applied.The problem is that if the users try to change these hot corners, they get reverted to the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

parentalcontrolsd CPU/RAM Usage

Hello all, I have ~150 Macs all bound through our AD, and also configured using Profile Manager. I don’t have anything out of the ordinary configured (Software Update, Munki URL, Screen Saver/Screen Lock) through profile manager, but I have several u...  View more

• 63 replies
  • 2 kudos

FileVault Enable During Enrollment

Does anyone have a tried and true process for enabling FileVault during enrollment? Our Mac's have been "out in the wild" for a few years, we've been slowly getting them all enrolled in JAMF. We initially enrolled most of the population w/o FileVault...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Config Profile App & Folder Blacklist

This is still our first year with Casper, but in testing a few things I stumbled across the app & folder whitelist and blacklist option in configuration profiles (we're on 9.82 still). I went through the Admin guide but couldn't find anything on usin...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem Contacting Apple Services DEP

I am trying to set up DEP on our JSS and when ever I get to the point where I have to upload the server token file, I get the error "Problem contacting Apple services" I've redownloaded the private key, deleted and recreated the Management server on ...  View more

0a477ea6bb5d454badb24919481438b4
  • 42 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors