Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Queries regarding shared iPads

The possibility has been raised at my workplace of us buying a small number of iPads for a pilot programme. These would be college owned devices and would need to be usable by any student or staff member (i.e. they would be shared and not 1:1). I wat...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Master Preferences

Good Morning, I am trying to get Google Chrome Master Preferences in place. I have created the necessary file and placed it in /Library/Google/ and Chrome fails to recognize it. I made sure the file is in plain text format. Here is my file: { "homepa...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change DNS "Search Domains" via Script

Hello Jamf Community, I am looking for a script, to change the DNS "Search Domain" to .local on Wi-Fi and Thunderbolt Ethernet. I try a few comands but no one works... Hope everyone can help me. Many ThanksChristian  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practices for Updating MS Office 2016

I'm curious how you all are updating MS Office 2016 for your users, assuming you are managing the patches and not leaving it up to your users to keep Office up to date. When we first deployed Office 2016 to users, I used Composer to create a single ....  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Global JSS Extension Attribute Variables

I know it might not always be practical but does anyone know if there is a way to assign a value to a variable that is shared by all extension attribute scripts? For example if I have multiple EAs performing checks based on the installed client OS ve...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Man Pages at developer.apple.com down?

Is it just me or did Apple just take down the man page reference library? I was referencing the fdesetup page not yesterday: https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man8/fdesetup.8.html Technically, the page ha...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Detecting the network a computer is connected to?

Two projects I'm working on involve DEP and software updates and deployment. In both cases I'm needing to detect what network the computer is connected to so that it knows what policies it can or can't run. My first thought was to detect the ip range...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Conntection (WiFi) befor Login

Hello Jamf-Community, Since a few days, we are use Casper Suite. We are useing a Active Directory but we have a problem with the AD Connection at the Login. How I can conntect to the WiFi in the Login Screen? At the moment we need a Ethernet Connecti...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Spotlight High CPU usage

I have multiple computers that show Spotlight running at 110% to 150% which is causing the computer to run hot and the battery to drain quickly. I have tried using terminal to stop spotlight and restart it, as well as force quitting it in Activity Mo...  View more

9548ad909414461499de68d8ac2cbf72
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD DSCL Question, Interesting...

Hey guys quick question thats blowing my brains up. I have a path to an Active Directory group but for some reason dscl does not see it. If I do #!/bin/sh dscl . -read /Active Directory/DOMAIN/All Domains/ The group is simply not there. Now if I go i...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monitoring Server Remotely

I have a large number of Mac mini's globally that id like to keep a better eye on, not to mention my jss servers that are windows VMs. We are a SCOM shop, and the support for OS X is non-existent, and im familiar with Nagios from a past life. My ques...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practice for RE-imaging labs...

Hi Folks, So I am working on our plans for the summer and one of the big tasks is to re-image all of our lab Macs. This will be the first time I do this since we implemented Casper. Should we leave the computers in the JSS but simply flush all of the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keeping Log Files for X days

I am trying to figure out how to allow the computers to keep the system.log, install.log, and a few other logs for 90 days. Apple's newsyslog.conf man is gone and I've searched and haven't had much luck. Can someone point me to the direction on how w...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 VL Suite installer 15.21.1 installer ??

I have the Office 2016 Suite VL 15.17 installer, updates are out for each application at 15.21.1 is there a more current Office 2016 Suite VL 15.21.1 installer ? so I don't have to have the 15.21.1 updates run after each install of 15.17 ? I see this...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall Application

Hi All, We have a OneDrive Install pkg - now the file is indexed, but when I got to Casper and Action I still don't get an uninstall option? Any ideas on how I remove "OneDrive for Business.app" ThanksSimon  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype For Business Office 365 Cloud Migration

I'm wondering if anyone is in the process of experiencing this issue. Skype for Business is coming out and we're migrating to Office 365 in the cloud. Each meeting someone created that has the old lync address will be changed to a Skype address. Micr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finding Smart Membean chrome extension

There is a cheating service for membean users that logs minutes on the site automatically. Needless to say, the faculty here are not pleased about this. I have found the most popular culprit in the chrome store (Smart membean) and blocked it via chro...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update all Google Apps Bash Script

Hey all,Long time no post! I got a Bash script and got a snag I can't figure out. There is a .command file that can be launched (either double clicking or called from Terminal) named CheckForUpdatesNow.command Pending on a few a things, this file can...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart group, VPN server address critera

Hi all, I can't see a way how to do this hence asking here I have two VPN appliances on addresses 1.2.3.4 & 5.6.7.8 (for example) Is it possible to create a smart group to find machines which have 1.2.3.4 configured as the destination server in the V...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone deploying Nik collection?

I've received a request to install the Nik collection, now that it's gone free. Right now, I'm not seeing an option that isn't repackaging, or doing a one-off manual install. Anyone deploying this software?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Buggy behavior with JAMF Nation's Latest Activity view

Within the last week or two it seems like the mechanism to load more items when you reach the bottom of the Latest Activity page has been very buggy. It seems to be reloading the same 10 to 15 items repeatedly. Every once in a while it will get out o...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors