Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.38.3 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation,Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.38.3. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, please read the Jamf Pro 10.38.3 release notes here. Cloud Upgrade ScheduleYour Jamf Pro server, including any free sandb...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Beta 2 Is Now Availlable!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Beta 2! This release has many exciting UI improvements including an updated user interface in User Initiated Enrollment and Patch Management. App Installers now has an indicator to show if apps are...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Pushing out Office 14.4.9 updates using Casper

I'm looking to create a policy to update old version's of Casper to 14.4.9. I've downloaded the .dmg from Microsoft's site and set a policy to push the update to anyone that does not have 14.4.9. Logs say the installation fails, but it appears that i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS API - Delete command

Hey Nation! Im looking into writing a script that will delete computers from JSS as an employee gets term and the laptop is returned to inventory. The command I have so far and seems to work, but I wanted to get your guys opinions on this, is as foll...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

IronPort WSA authentications

Hey All, I'm having the struggle of my life trying to iron out IronPort (sorry for that). We're a 90% Windows shop here and we use IronPort WSA 8.0.6 to authenticate to the internet from behind our firewall. My issue is that the Mac computers are con...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Postinstall scripts and bash functions

I've been trying to repackage an installerI was trying to cut down on some code on a post install script by utilizing functions. When I try to run the installer command and target $3, it's not actually targeting /. Rather it is an empty value which m...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help packaging Pro Tools 11

Hey everyone. I seem to be having a lot of difficulty packaging Pro Tools version 11 fully configured and was wondering if anyone is packaging Pro Tools 11 (or 12) in their environment. What I mean by fully configured is:1. Pro Tools patched to the l...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Does CreateUserPkg.app work with 10.10.3?

So I need to both create a new user and have that user autologin on first boot (web kiosks and digital signs). I have always used (pre-10.9.4) CreateUserPkg.app. However I can't seem to make it work post-netinstall to autologin even when run as a Fir...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper vs Apple's profile manager

Being new to Casper I would like users thoughts on Apple's profile manager vs using Configuration profiles in Casper. Does one or the other provide more capability or is easier to use etc...? Thanks for any insight.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripts running before target drive is erased?

Hi Folks, I'm still new to Casper Suite after using Mike Bombich's netrestore for years and more recently, Deploy Studio. I've been testing image with Casper on a fairly basic image that consists of OS X 10.9.5 as created by AutoDMG with a few script...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is anyone else having issues with Java in Mac OS?

It seems that Java removes itself multiple times per day from client machines. I am pushing the latest version, but at various points throughout the day, suddenly, Safari will report a missing plugin until I reinstall Java. This is happening on my Ma...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault2 does not start after 'next login'

We have a script that enables a policy for FileVault2 'At next login' and triggers a reboot so the user has to login.No problems with OS X 10.10.x, System restarts per script you login and there is the panel for FileVault you have to log in otherwise...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot login to Casper using the LDAP anymore

Cannot login to Casper using the LDAP anymore - Last week on Tuesday we were able to login to Casper using our LDAP accounts and now it has stopped working but we are able to ping or telnet to port 636. Any ideas how this can be fixed or why this sto...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Binding Issues in DeployStudio 1.6.14??

Hi, has anyone else faced this issue? New 1.6.14 does all the job except binding Mac to AD. I am sure the password entered in workflow is correct still it gives error -Initially, I get error that credentials are invalid.it tries for 5 attempts, and t...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ideas for locking out, or disabling new Photos app?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to disable the new Photos app in OS X 10.10.3. We have a lot of users who connect their phones (iOS or Android) to their computers just to charge them. However, the new Photos app immediately launches because it ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Mac Admin Help - Imaging a lot of computers

New(ish) Mac Admin here recently hired at a college. I am needing to re-image about 75 Macs across campus (labs) and am looking for the easiest way to do it. Can I build one machine and image it out to the network, and if so, how is the easiest way t...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

New JSS stuck on "initializing"

Started up a new JSS to replace our current JSS. I shut down the first one and went through the installer, everything was fine until I opened the webpage, http:127.0.0.1:9006 (something like that). It's just stuck on "initializing". Anyone know any s...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Centrify Extension Attribute

Just in case anyone needs a Centrify Extension Attribute: #!/bin/sh mode=`adinfo | grep "CentrifyDC mode" | awk '{print $3}'` if [ "$mode" == "connected" ]; then echo "Connected" elif [ "$mode" == "disconnected" ]; then echo "Disconnected" else echo ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lync 14.0.10 and up login weirdness

I'm seeing some strangeness that began with Lync 14.0.10 and continues with 14.0.11. Under 14.0.9, we launch Lync, and login either with ID & PW or Kerberos and everything is fine. I upgraded some machines to 14.0.10, now after they login successfull...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Identify which OS is installed in a VM via Casper

I put together an extension attribute that looks for VM on a mac and reports the OS installed in the VM.It gives great visibility into clients should you need to address unmanaged VMs circulating on your network.I hope others can find it useful in th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Issues

I have created a configuration profile in JSS that i have targeted to a particular user group - we are a school so its for exams. It's running at user level. It seems to work mostly but with 2 issues. 1) it does not apply the first time the user logs...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Apps Configuration Profile for OS X

Hi Guys, We're just getting started with JAMF. What's the recommended way to push down Google Apps accounts to OS X workstations? The only way I can figure out how to do it is to manually create Mail, Calendar, and Contacts payloads in a Configuratio...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors