Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

Where is Patch Reporting?

I've just upgraded our test environment to 9.93 and I can't see the Patch Reporting option on the left. Do you have to turn it on in settings? What am I missing here?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Minor issues after machine is imaged

Hello, I'm new to Casper and I'm running into a few problems after the machine is imaged. I'll layout my process and versions. JSS and Casper Admin are running 9.93 Downloaded El Captian from App store 2.Dragged the download onto AutoDMG to create im...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

odd net boot issues

i have a mac mini running 10.11 server . using it for netboot and file share distribution point. none of my newer (10.10 and above) equipment will netboot to it. i can see it when i boot holding option, but when i choose the netboot server they still...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software re-installing repeatedly.

This is my workflow - I have a CONFIGURATION POLICY running for anyone that does not have Office installed. It's called "Install Office 2016" "Install Office 2016" has a recurring check-in trigger, and assigned to a scope consisting of a SMART COMPUT...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

DFW User Group Meeting - September 29th

Come join us for our next user group meeting, Thursday September 29th from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Head over to the User Groups section of JAMF Nation to sign up. Be sure to sign up so we have enough pizza for everyone!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dealing with software that needs admin rights

Hello all, I will get this out of the way.. I am a Windows admin, not a Mac guy, so this is seriously all new to me, and i am treading lightly as i try to learn Mac/Casper stuff. I have managed to figure out parts of Autopkgr and the likes, and every...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Cart setup (Configurator 2? JSS? DEP? VPP?)

I'm scrambling here to try and get a 16 iPad Pro cart setup and out the door. My goal is to have a workflow that a non-technical teacher can follow with a minimum of user interaction. Preferably, the teacher would load the devices in the cart and pre...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite 9.96 beta 2 is now available

The second and final beta build is now available for Casper Suite 9.96, the Apple OS Release. We’re gearing up to offer zero-day support for the new operating systems from Apple. What’s new in beta 2: Functionality from our first Casper Suite 9.96 be...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Differentiating between applications

Does anyone know if there is an easy way of differentiating between an application installed from the App Store and a native/built-in application? Does the OS drop a receipt or a special attribute of some sort that would make this logic fairly easy?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Interactive Input for Flat Package(s) - Composer

If you're a Casper Suite customer, this discussion may not be helpful or relevant. We're currently a Bushel MDM subscriber and we are still imaging our systems with a custom AutoDMG image (that changes monthly), which integrates some customization, s...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple ID need all the time

Hello, (my english is very approximative i hope you can understand my problem ^^) Hardware: iPad Air 2 - Version 9.3.1 / JSS 9.92 First, I remove the AppStore from my Students iPads in the configuration Profile - it's OK Second, I force the installat...  View more

622198dd44964bf1a7533bb8666ef177
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP to the device and VPP to the user transition bug?

I have a bug plaguing my environment which needs a resolution. In an environment where I shouldn't have to touch devices, (once there configured), I have never been so busy. From my observations, it would appear users who have been previously VPP inv...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restart notification using Apple's dialog

I'd like to add a restart to the end of a delete keychain script that users can run from Self Service,is there any way to trigger Apple's restart dialog so the users can choose to Cancel or Restart, i knowi could create a notification/script using Co...  View more

a37759dad21b44fab1afb5cfbb6e8f87
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

White list only

I can’t find a way to whitelist .domain.name and blacklist everything else. Do you have any ideas on how we can allow the students to go to only our websites, but disallow everything else? The content filtering configuration profile for iOS doesnt se...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Snagit 4.0

Hi Guys, I am trying to package Snagit 4.0 so I can deploy it with keys pre registered. Anyone able to build a successful package with registration included? Thanks, EthanCon  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reasons to intergrate JSS with Apple School Manager

I very well might be missing this, but what are the reasons to enable the Classes sync between Apple School Manager and the JSS. From what I can tell, is it just so Casper Focus and Classroom.app have the same classes? If an organization is just usin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recent Issues Binding to Active Directory

This is not necessarily a Jamf/JSS question but there are a lot of smart people here so I figured it would be a good place to ask. I have always done my binding manually and not through our JSS. I am having issues binding any Mac system to Active Dir...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange timing issue in JSS 9.93?

Hi Folks, We are on JSS 9.93 and have a client side limitation enabled. Policies are set to NOT run between 7 AM and 10 PM. Looking at logs overnight, a lot of computers are in the pending state. However now, I am seeing computers showing up in the l...  View more

c00831af9200437ba0f13d12290ba4e7
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

jss workflow for lab Macs

I was just wondering what other people were doing to setup their lab Macs. At a minimum do you have to manually create an admin account? I have a super easy setup where everyone uses the same login credentials. Just curious how other people do it, as...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors