Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.43.1 Now Available

Today we are releasing a maintenance version of Jamf Pro.Jamf Pro 10.43.1 fixes the following product issue:[PI110938] Jamf Pro no longer sends looping InstallProfile MDM commands to computers in the scope of automated deployments for Jamf Protect.Fo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Updates to Inbound/Outbound Traffic with Jamf Cloud

As a follow-up to a recent post regarding some additional IP address that have been included in the Outbound traffic from Jamf Cloud, below is a list of the Outbound IP Address that have been added. For a complete list, please see the “Permitting Inb...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43 Now Available

Update 31 January 2023: Today we released 10.43.1. Full details, including the Cloud Upgrade schedule, are posted here. Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.43. Highlights of this release include: Conditional Access Registration Improvements The proces...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 5 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Skype Firewall Rules

Hi,I've created an installer package for Skype through Composer, and it works great, except that it doesn't add the firewall rule when it installs, and inevitably prompts the user for administrative credentials when it first runs. Is it possible to e...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock corruption?

Hi Nation, Does anyone have an easy answer for what might cause a dock to lose its app-specific icons? As you can see I am not getting the usual question marks, but rather, the generic app icon. I'm guessing something is corrupt but I'm not sure whic...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Require all users to have a password

I tried searching for this, but was unable to find what I was looking for. We have quite a few users here (enterprise environment) that have no password on their Macs... and are also administrator users. We obviously would like to rectify this. I hav...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BOM dialog

I have clicked "Create BOMs" about 20 time but they don't seem to be created. What am I doing wrong?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.8 gotchas

Any early reports of problems? My test environment seemed to go okay...  View more

• 51 replies
  • 0 kudos

Number of partitions report?

So in the storage section of a computer there is the number of partitions. But I'm trying to create a report to see who has more then 1 paritions on there machines. Anyone know if it can be done casper itself, or do I need to write an extension attrb...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.8, GSX and Certificate Error

Peeps... Has anyone tried 9.8 and uploading their Apple provided GSX certificate? I did so last night, and got an error stating that the key pair was missing. (see attached) I already emailed Apple GSX support, but just thought I'd throw this out the...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.11 SystemLogo.tiff operation not permitted

HiDid anyone found a way to replace the SystemLogo.tiff in El Capitan 10.11 GM?I would like to replace the regular X logo with my own, which I was able to do in 10.10, but now I cannot even modify this file, which is inside /Applications/Utilities/Sy...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Corporate Network Printers in Self Service

Hi Guys I have a load of printers the corporate estate roughly 16 MFD/MFP that need to be added in Self Service. As this is all fairly new to me and there was no handover, could someone please advise the steps of doing this. I have access the web con...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edinburgh JAMF User Group (any interest for this?)

Hi Everyone! There seems to be quite a few JAMF user groups in various cities but would anyone be interested in having a dedicated JAMF (Mac Admins) User Group here in good old Edinburgh (UK)? We could meet-up and talk Casper, Mac OS X, share best pr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apache https not working on JDS

I can certainly enrol my CentOS 7 JDS instance into my JSS. The JDS shows up correctly in the JSS with it's information filled in. However, whenever I try and push a policy to a MacBook there is an error (see below, package from JDS fails to install ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Create Network function

Hi guys, can you please advise how to disable the "Create Network" function over Wi-Fi? the reason is, we use proxy server in our network and we dont want somebody to create a new Access Point and piggybacking the access over the user who created the...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue Running Script

Hello, I want to run some maintenance on our edit stations using Premiere, so I wrote a script that looks for all users in /Users and clears the ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Media Cache Files/* The script runs fine if I copy to the stat...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Policy Scope

I'm trying to scope a policy to run on re-occurring check in for specific users. I know this can be done via self service, but am not seeing an option to deploy something in the background. Has anyone done this before.?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.8 and Java Upgrade for Linux

JSS 9.8 requires java 1.7 or 1.8. We currently have JSS 9.72 installed on RHEL with Java 1.6 installed. I see JSS 9.72 supports Java 1.8 and we would like to upgrade to Java 1.8 before installing JSS 9.8I am wondering if anyone has run into problems ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 version numbers

I downloaded the full (monolithic) Office 2016 15.14 installer to upgrade my 15.13.1 installation. After the installation I launched Outlook and saw the pop-up letting me know about the ability to make archive files. This definitely confirmed the upg...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS [D-008688] Wifi 802.1x config profile

In the JSS release notes for 9.73 it was reported that defect [D-008688] was fixed. Now in version 9.8 its reporting [D-008688] as a known issue again. The only work around we have been using is deleting the System level password in the keychain and ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobilepac file and iOS updates

It seems it would be easy to add http://mesu.apple.com/assets/com_apple_MobileAsset_SoftwareUpdate/com_apple_MobileAsset_SoftwareUpdate.xml to a mobile pac file and redirect it to a local file I host on one of our servers to block the newest updates ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to Casper - have a few questions

Hey Folks - We recently migrated to Casper from Meraki (K-12 school with iPads depolyed 1:1 in grades 6-12). The biggest reason for the move was so that we could shut down the App store and only publish "approved" apps through the self-service app. W...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

anti-dockfixup measures

Has anyone figured out a way to suppress Maps, iBooks and Photos in El Capitan yet? In previous releases Apple has copied/moved the com.apple.dockfixup.plist, unless it is being done some other way. I use dockutil to create a custom dock and throw it...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

eBooks won't automatically install onto iPads

We are doing a large Digital Citizenship push in our school district and part of the program requires students to read an eBook about it. I purchased the book through VPP and scoped it to all of our iPads and set it to install automatically. The book...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors