Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Uninstall Retrospect

I did some searching yet couldn't find any helpful info.We're moving to Crashplan and I have an install base of Retrospect clients that have all been installed outside of Casper.I'd like to script removing the Retrospect client, yet I'd like some inp...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to replace applications

If you are updating a self-contained application, let's say Google Chrome in this case, what are the best practices for this? If you build the dmg with Composer and set it up in self service, when it runs does it overwrite the existing Google Chrome?...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin versus Standard Users

First off, I know this has been discussed at varying degrees over the past and I appreciate all of you who have chimed in and shared. This discussion is surrounding what to expect so I can be prepared. At our college, employee users of their Macs or ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

A docutil idea

that right now I've no idea how to execute! Like everyone else, we're using it to set our docks, removing the default stuff from the dock that we don't need (like Mail, Photo Booth, etc) and adding the ones the user will need daily (Word, Outlook, et...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Version Smart Mobile Device Search

So in JSS, you are able to create search groups to whatever you'd like. In that search, you can view the listed iPads that meet the fields of that search. So for instance, I have a search group saved labeled "Self Service Needed", and in the settings...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Homepage in Safari 9 on El Capitan

What is the currently working and recommended means of setting the homepage in Safari for all users? I've tried various different methods including login scripts and custom settings in a config profile but so far had no luck. It might be the syntax's...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flush policy for entire group at once

Greetings, My apologies if this has already been discussed, searching this is very vague and I haven't found exactly what my goal is. Essentially I have a policy I want to flush, but I only want to flush it on a specific group or smart group. I can't...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bypass Login with SSO Login

I am trying to bypass the login page and login with SSO but i face some severe difficulties at this part , does anyone implement this ? Or generally it can be done or not ? Thanks in Advance !  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

google hangouts msg box can't show on safari

Did someone see the problem of google hangouts with safari(Version 9.1 (11601.5.17.1))? I see many Mac pro (10.11.4) in my company that can't open the 1st google hangout message box on safari. I'm not sure its related to the new updates or something....  View more

29e654d0728a413889c55d0edb68280e
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prompting to enable FileVault

Still getting the prompt to enable filevault encryption on MacBook Pro running Yosemiteafter removal of "jamf" ?? Would anyone know what is the cause and how to remove ??  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applescript?

I am trying to make an AppleScript that will place a .app in my users dock based on the org group that they are a part of in Active Directory. For example, a teacher will get a different .app in their dock then a student, because they are part of a d...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keyboard freezes

We're having a couple oddball issues and are thinking might be JSS-related. We haven't been able to confirm though. (1) Several users have reported that their macbook pro has a frozen keyboard. I have experienced this issue myself - I would bring my ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restarting to Bootcamp Via Policy

Hello All, I have a script that works great for restarting my iMacs to Bootcamped Windows. I use it in Casper Remote and Self-Service just fine. Here is the script: #!/bin/sh sudo bless -mount "/Volumes/BOOTCAMP" -legacy -setBoot -nextonly sudo shutd...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Key Escrow

When encrypting via a Self Service policy, there are times that the key does not get escrowed. This issue has caused problem for us in the past. And, due to the unreliability of the process, causes some significant workflow changes. Has anyone else s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Denying Access to Security&Privacy

Hi All I was hoping someone could help me a answer a question. Is it possible within Casper to lock down certain tab/options within Security&Privacy. I want to stop users from being able to access the firewall or filevault tab, so that our users cant...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store Install Automatically after Casper Image

As a Higher Ed client we use Casper Imaging to deploy a set Install configuration to all computers. With the new Device based VPP Deployment we have begun the process of testing this process to replace process of packaging App Store applications. So ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC Super Early Bird pricing for Education Customers

Hello JAMF Nation, Two weeks ago we launched our JNUC registration site and we already have 170 registrations completed -- approximately evenly split between Education and Commercial customers. Also over these two weeks, we have heard much feedback f...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBooks with USB-C and Target Boot Imaging

Has anyone tried to image one of these laptops using Target Boot Mode? We do not have any of these yet and I am curious with the fact there isn't a Thunderbolt port, which is the way it has been done for a number of years now. We are going to try and...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assigning Department During Imaging?

Hey guys, I'm looking to have my department, maybe even building set automatically during imaging. I have 3 department groups; staff, admin, and student. We are using and AD right now, but until we re-organize it, I cannot rely on it to pull departme...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors