Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

JSS and Apple Configurator 2 - Removing Passcodes?

I've long hoped for a solution where I could connect an iPad and remove a passcode on an iPad despite the WiFi being disabled. This would solve the kid forgot the passcode, guessed a million times, and disabled the iPad with WiFi automatically shutti...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Netboot Late 2015 27" iMACs.

Hello, I am unable to Netboot Late 2015 27" iMACs. We are using the 10.11 version of the netboot image. We can Netboot all other models that we have except this particular model. When we attempt to Netboot we get this prohibitory symbol. Do we need t...  View more

b1624a19f8c64bb49ddfc5b8c3ab56a6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging 9.82 "Show Custom" Issue

I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate post. I tried searching for this issue but I did not find a post speaking to this specific issue. We are experiencing a strange issue as of recently with the Imaging app (v 9.82) via NetBoot, specifically...  View more

64a776b9d0364aab920af9519751e5b3 4fb14e6aac2d4f788b75662667d4413a
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Build after DEP Enrollment

Hi, We have recently implemented DEP in our company. The plan is for us to ship our machines directly to our different offices around the world (rather than us having to image them first and ship them out). What I would like is for the end user to sw...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil issues (again)

Feel free to shake your head at me. (embarrassed )I was succesful in creating a pkg that installs dockutil, installs my scripts and plist in the correct location.When I run the command launchctl load -wF "/Library/LaunchAgents/.plist i get a "Path ha...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script To Install Multiple PKGs

Hello, I know I can create this as a policy but can anyone tell me how to go about scripting multiple pkgs to run? I remember doing this at JAMF training but I do not remember the steps/ scripts involved.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Make one App on iPad non removable

I know I can make Apps either able to be removed or not. But is there a way to make only a certain app be non removable. I would like our Filter App to not be able to be removed. If they do then the students get unfiltered access to the web. I would ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite 9.91 now available

Today we released Casper Suite 9.91, a maintenance release that resolves product issues impacting accounts using LDAP or the JSS Windows Installer with Casper Suite 9.9 If you are using Casper Suite 9.9 with LDAP or the JSS Windows Installer, we reco...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Computer based deployment

Hi, I'm having trouble getting VPP Apps deployed to El Capitan.Using Casper 9.81 (waiting for 9.91 this week before updating). El Capitan 10.11.4 enrolled with Casper. VPP account previously set up and visible in Casper - can see all licenses purchas...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keyboard Codes in First Run Script

Hi All, Just positing this on the off chance anyone may know or can link me a list of keyboard codes, the numerical value that I can use in my first run script, (yes I have googled it before that comes back!). For a little context here's an excerpt o...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Profile Visibility

Hello, I'm working with attorneys concerning a user's iPhone that is being subpoenaed. I am finding a problem in that I cannot make a backup with iTunes that I can interract with. No matter what I do, there is a password set and the user doesn't know...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and Zero-touch with a radius server

Hi folks. I've been poring over the discussions here in search of an answer to my question, but there's just so much information, and the terms of the search are probably a little too broad to get the results I'm looking for. If there is a discussion...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any way to log users out of Messages / Facetime?

Is anyone aware of a way to log a user out of Messages or FaceTime or iCloud as a whole on OS X? We started restricting the applications but it appears that users who were previously logged in are still getting notifications of new messages in Notifi...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

CasperCheck cURL issue

After hours of trying to figure this out I am hoping someone can help shed some light on why I cannot get CasperCheck from @rtrouton to download the QuickAdd Package. I've seen some other discussions on this, but none of the "solutions" have worked. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Metro JAMF User Group May 2016 Meeting

It's not just Star Wars day...it's also time to announce the 12th NYC Metro JAMF User Group meeting will be held on Wednesday 4th, 2016 4:30 to 6:30 PM. at Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, 6th Floor New York, NY, 10014. The bi-monthly ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling/Removing OS X Native Apps

Hey everyone,I am not sure if this is a regurgitated topic, but I wanted to ask if there is any best practice, suggestions and/or ramifications for removing apps that are native to OS X, like FaceTime, Messages, Mail. We have Lync and Microsoft Outlo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Cap preference pane question

I'm working on an updgrade path to El Captian and noticed something fun. I discovered the lovely world of SIP. So in 10.10 we moved several preference panes to a hidden location to stop users from using them. But in 10.11 we can't move preference pan...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple "Update Inventory" Button for each device

I got tired of having to go into JSS every time I needed to Update Inventory on a kid's iPad, so I wrote a SUPER simple python script that runs a webserver (using Flask) to update it via the API. Basically, you set the script to run, create a configu...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

PMSet Extension attribute

Does anyone know of an EA that will read in the pmset –g settings? When McAfee manages File Vault 2, it makes some changes to the power management settings for security reasons. When we trigger FV2 with JSS, does it do anything similar?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading to El Capitan and loses wireless connection

We are running Casper 9.82. I know that 9.9 was recently released but I'm holding out for a bit since 9.82 is working well unless you believe this issue is fixed in 9.9 I'd rather hold out. The version of El Capitan is 10.11.4. And it's a WPA2 PEAP a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Helping each other get to JNUC 2016

Hello JAMF Nation, Thanks for all of the dialogue around JNUC 2016. In the first three days after the site became available, over 100 of you registered — both from business and education. Last year at this time, we hadn’t launched the site yet. We ho...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config profiles being removed automatically?

We're experiencing an issue with our configuration profiles being removed, which I am currently working with JAMF support on. I wanted to check with the community and see if anyone else has run into this. We're on JSS 9.9, and the computers are runni...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors