Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

OneDrive for Business Default Folder Location

Hi all! Has anyone out there managed to script the location of the OneDrive for Business folder for users? I've tried to follow the MS documentation here. Specifically the following lines of code: /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :Tenants:my_tenant_id...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exclude Items from Inventory

Is there a way of getting a JSS to exclude inventorying specified locations? I have this JSS set to inventory /Users/ What I'm mostly running into is on 2-3 systems that I use for developing & testing policies I tend to have multiple versions of soft...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade to Casper 9.9 -

Hi Everyone, Am trying to upgrade to Casper v9.9 this morning from v9.82 The JSS installer gets stuck at "Backing Up Applications" and the installation fails. It look like it's timing out at this point as this is what is shown in the log:- Exception ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need high level guidance on Casper Admin - JSS - FDS

I am having difficulty understanding the relationship between CA-JSS-FDS. Right now... The JSS is on a Mac mini in a colo-facilty. The FDS is on a Mac mini on-site. I open CA and login to the JSS CA should 'mount' the FDS that the JSS tells it to go?...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

APNS Certificate Revoked - iOS - Oh Poop

APNS certificate was up for renewal and so I renewed, but I renewed the wrong certificate and then revoked the proper one (face palm). This means any iOS device I needs to re-enroll, simple solution, except...one of my restrictions is that the option...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple OS with multiple printer drivers

Sharp printers have individual drivers for each Mac OS X versions, i have Yosemite and El Capitan macs running. I use self service for users to add networked printers, do i have to upload printers into casper admin for the same sharp printer for each...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

du high CPU?

I caught Casper running du:0 23027 22579 0 7:41PM ?? 0:10.02 /usr/bin/du -sh /Applications/Xcode.app The parent ID for that process is 22579, which turned out to be:0 22579 1 0 7:37PM ?? 0:00.89 /usr/local/jamf/bin/jamf policy -randomDelaySeconds 300...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock Screen Message not working?

I've tried to make a profile with a lock screen message and successfully applied it to my own supervised iPhone running 9.3.1, but nothing is showing on the iPhone. Is it not working?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Blurred Login Wallpaper - Not Working

Hey all, Working on a script that will replace the default login screen with a company branded image. I followed instructions at this link: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=12651 It states to replace /Library/Caches/com.apple.de...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package massive deployment Suitcase Fusion 6

Hi all... i have been trying to capture installation of fusion 6 suitcase with composer... fails all the time... capture works fine... but after deployment after... i get error on login saying trying to find keychain authToken .... and when trying to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practices for removing a Profile

I want to completely and entirely jetisson a profile from my managed Macs. Is there a best practices procedure for this operation? Can I litterally just delete the Profile (and its respective payloads) from the JSS? Or is it better to remove each pay...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recommendation needed for WiFi configuration on iOS.

Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for quite some time as this forum has so much content... Anyway, the school where I work has decided to go with Casper for our Macs and JAMF's MDM for our mobile devices. I've been playing around in JSS for the las...  View more

7a99b2470efd46b695fb3d3c1931a5f8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create Admin account for 10.11 .sh file

What commands do I use for this. I tried this and it seems to hang on the NetInstall. Has this changed in 10.11 to different commands? !/bin/sh . /etc/rc.commondscl . create /Users/administratordscl . create /Users/administrator RealName "Administrat...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force user Sign-Out of Mac AppStore / iCloud

Hi All, Looking for a way to sign our users out of the AppStore and iCloud as we plan on restricting those going forward. Found a few discussions like This Post but it doesn't seem to be working on El Capitan. We've noticed the ~/Library/Preferences/...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

PowerBroker (PBIS) Open on 10.11

We bind Macs to AD using BeyondTrust's PBIS Open -- mostly for messy technical reasons, but it seems to be a requirement at the moment. Is anyone binding 10.11.4 to AD successfully using the latest stable release of pbis open? This release has worked...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Migration

Short story: How to change the AD print server name on our Macs?We are upgrading our Windows print servers, migrating all current print queues to the new servers. Once the server is built and the printers are migrated, we are sharing the new printers...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

d3 & PuppyTime are available on github.

I have been debating doing this on April Fools' Day, but ignoring that, and celebrating the 40th anniversary of Apple, here goes: d3, the package deployment & patch management system for Casper, which I presented at JNUC 2012, is now available as an ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bulk action to change extension attribute

Hey everyone, I looked around and didn't see this question asked before. We have static groups with hundreds of devices. These devices join and leave smart groups when certain extension attributes are changed for their record. I am wondering, is it p...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How does your environment deal with Keychains?

We are currently in an environment with an ActiveDirectory backend, as part of a network that was once primarily a Windows atmosphere. We have an interesting divide, being part of a school district—the majority of teachers use MacBooks, while distric...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Download & Install SUS Updates on a Schedule

All Now that I have JAMF ramped-up in full production mode, I'm now planning a way to update/patch my ~300 managed Macs on a regular frequency. My company has a monthly IT mainintence window one weekend per month, that gives IT carte blanche to push-...  View more

b3846d36c9844529ba88842bc56606a6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DeepFreeze Imaging Workflow

Hello all, We are imaging some laptop carts with deepfreeze and I was interested to see if anyone had a workflow for this that worked for them. I am running into a problem where I have some scripts that run after reboot that are not actually affectin...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OneDrive sync issues solved

I noticed that whenever a client switches to another network then the OneDrive client stops syncing and doesnt really start to work until the app is restarted.I solved this by running a policy with a script that simply just restarts the OneDrive app ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote 9.82 - Restart to Netboot not working

Has anyone else seen this issue? We recently upgraded from 9.81>9.82 and now we are unable to remotely Netboot any Macs via Casper Remote 9.82. Tried target Macs running 10.8/9/10 and all fail just rebooting back to the Startup Disk. Our Netboot is r...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple ID install.

Is there a way to install an Apple ID onto more than one device using apple apple configurator or at all? I have a few iPads and don't want to have to go and put apple IDs on all of them individually. Mike  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.82 Java Plugin not loading

Hi We've just upgraded to 9.82 and now our custom Java plugin is not loading. I've tried removing our plugin and testing with the example code, but none of the event notifications are showing as registering in the log. Has anyone else seen this, or h...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors