Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

iOS User Enrollment MDM Profile

How do I correct this so that it shows up as Verified. We recently decided to move the iOS management from MobileIron to JAMF and in MobileIron, all we had to do is upload the SSL certificate from Entrust to make this work. In JSS, I went to PKI > Ex...  View more

abb2a10570f64daaa088a2616f30f35a
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook Pro/Air deployment without Thunderbolt display

Our organization is trying to find more cost effective way of deploying Macbook setup without becoming an hassle. Currently, all Macbook Pro/Air users get Thunderbolt display at their desk to act as a docking station. This setup is always being compa...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP File Share Distribition Point Trouble

Today I updated my HTTP File Share Distribution point from 10.11.3 to 10.11.4. As expected Server.app uncommented port 80 in /Library/Server/Web/Config/Proxy/apache_serviceproxy.conf, so I commented it back out. However, the HTTP downloads still don’...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need bash script help

I hate being such a script noob. I feel like I'm really close but am missing some critical piece of information in order to get this script to work. This script is intended to get the name of the current user and then make that user an admin, or make...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart group based on process name?

Is there a way to create a smart group based on a process name? We have carbon black installed. Some clients are not working. need to make a group based on the processname: CbOsxSensorService I know we can create a policy that checks for processes, b...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hiding the WiFi icon in the menu bar

Hi All!So I've done my research on this already around JAMF Nation and everyone seems to be able to disable wifi completely wether its through managed prefs or a config profile. I have a script running that turns off wifi if hard lined and in turn if...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 1 kudos

VPP Problems

VPP is not support for China. How do I push paid apps to self service? For over 100 students. Thanks!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hardware recycling with Apple

Hello, Anybody use Apple Recycling Program for old macs disposal? I am looking for some Recycling Program documentation which officially confirms the secured disposal, etc. Would you please direct me where I might find it? Appreciate that! Thanks!  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

New OS X 0-day exploit

https://www.sentinelone.com/blog/apple-os-x-zero-day-vulnerability-can-bypass-system-integrity-protection/ (just sharing at this point; no advice to offer other than nag Apple) Edit: CVE-2016-1757, as Rich notes below, is patched in 10.11.4 and Secur...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server.app 5 and HTTP downloads

Hi, I'm struggling to get HTTP downloads working with server.app 5 I've followed https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=116 The symlink is there and working but downloads aren't. I get, Error: Could not connect to the HTTP server to down...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Issues

Does anyone else have this issue on occasion? We use DEP for "imaging" our Macs. We will enroll the machine in DEP, it will show up in Casper as assigned, and everything looks good. However we semi regularly will have the machine skip the "Configured...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP mandatory for iOS 9.3 Shared iPad function

Hi guysIn the documentation for iOS 9.3 Shared iPad it says "Shared iPad requires a mobile device management (MDM) solution" but I can't figure out how to activate the "Shared iPad" function. Only in DEP Prestage enrollment I can activate it. So the ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

There is not enough space on the volume to install?

Hi all, keep getting this error, I've formatted the drive, its empty, it's a brand new Machine? Image worked fine yesterday on iMacs - I did create the Image on an iMac 5k but can;t see that causing this issue? Built our last image on an iMac and wen...  View more

278787980c164f47a4ad70e705c75843
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting for those having MDM issues

Here's a simple EA that would be good to have: #!/bin/bash #If profiles are on the computer it spits out: #profiles are installed on this system #otherwise: #profiles are not installed on this system profile_status="$(/usr/bin/profiles -H)" echo "$pr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preventing sleep during imaging

I am setting up prestage enrollment and it seems to be working rather nice. However, when I add all the packages I want to install in my policy it takes some time to install them all. During this time the Mac will go to sleep and requires me to wake ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is API?

Hello JAMF Nation, I would like to ask if anyone is pulling reports using API? I am also new here so i don't really have any idea what is API. thanks in advance! :)  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Memory Usage View - No interface timeout?

I just noticed that the web interface timeout does not apply to the "Memory Usage" view from the JSS information area. I accidentally left my browser opened in this view for a few hours and it never logged me out, the timeout never took effect. I was...  View more

347f73fd2c784f678dc00d2b64df95c5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

sed help

I've been tasked with working on a script that removes the following from /etc/sudoers and replaces with a specific account name. %admin ALL=(ALL) ALLspecificAccountName ALL=(ALL) ALL I have this working with sed on OS X 10.10 and 10.11 but under 10....  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

-allowUntrusted

Im trying to install a policy through SelfService and keep on getting the following error. Where am I supposed to add the option "-allowUntrusted"? (yes I am downloading it from the App store to rebuild the package new but I am just wondering if anyo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2016 Public Folders

Hey All, Trying to setup a Public Folder Calendar on some of our Macs with Outlook 2016 installed. However when selecting Tools->Public Folders(see screenshot) Nothing is displayed under the Root. Any ideas why this would be happening? I have confirm...  View more

1d0834d629eb41dd8954b82cb0650082
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Version 9.9 and Lost mode

For those of you that have used the beta JSS. I'm curious about the new Lost Mode function from the JSS. Does the act of putting a device in Lost Mode still require an apple ID logged into iCloud? At CETPA (California Educational Technology Professio...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server is busy and can't be closed?

I've just set up a new Mac Mini server for us to run the Apple Caching Service on. However now that I'm ready for it to be moved to its final location, I'm trying to quit Server.app and it says "Server is busy and can't be closed" and warns that conf...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors