Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

AutoPkgr Error

I used to have a working Firefox auto-update script (based on RTrouton's 'update-all' script), but it quit working a couple months ago and I haven't been able to get it to work. So, I decided to take the plunge and set up AutoPkgr to give that a go. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Password Expiration Notification

Hey guys, Does anyone know how to change the password notification expiration time for AD at the login window for El Capitan? Something comparable to this:sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow PasswordExpirationDays -Int NUMB...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ironkey and read-only Configuration Profile

We currently block all write access on external drives for our users via a Configuration Profile pushed via JSS. We have a need to allow the ability to write to Ironkey encrypted drives without allowing write access to unencrypted drives. On the PC s...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config profile shows applied, doesn't change setting

I had a request to change the setting for requiring a password after sleep or screensaver from the default 5 minutes to immediately. I checked my enrolled MacBook, and that setting was greyed out and I couldn't change it even as an admin. I figured i...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow specific AD groups to login using Profiles

Hi All, Wanted to know if its possible to restrict login for specific AD groups using profiles. Was wondering how others are doing this. I have tried the login window payload -> Access but this only works on a per users and not per group. It is rathe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS API Bug? JSON Storage->Device->Partition

I am currently playing around with creating a Cocoa app to do some admin tasks. Part of the design is to download a computer record from the API and turn them into Swift Objects. I have found that there have been a few instances where the XML is diff...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-populate server field in AnyConnect 4.2

In previous versions, you can go to /opt/cisco/anyconnect/profile and edit an xml file. In this version, it looks like this is now controlled by a .anyconnect file in the users folder. I'm looking for a way to automate this workflow for new hires. Ho...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMB mount issues

Hi all,Yesterday in Massachusetts we had a Winter storm, so naturally my brain is off by a day; forgive my ignorance if this turns out to be an easy one. I am trying to mount a share via script. It works initially, then I unmount it and attempt to re...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store.app login and 10.11.3 on new hardware

Today we suddenly lost the ability to log into the App Store using our Apple ID on new hardware running OS X 10.11.3. We later determined that this was the case whether we imaged first or not. It worked fine yesterday, prior to the release of 10.11.4...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X 10.11.4 Not Apply Config Profiles

Just started to see this, upgraded a Macbook to newest El Capitan version (10.11.4) and no configuration profiles are being installed. Am using JSS 9.81, and am doing two things; a cert delivery and an AD Cert request. Any one else on 10.11.4 seeing ...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backing up user folders

Hello again Everyone, I am in the midst of a LOT of planning for our update to El Capitan and the switch over this summer to many new items across our infrastructure. One of the complex items I am still trying to understand or figure out is what to d...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login failure

I've been running into mysterious reports of no one being able to login on lab computers running 10.9.5 and the native AD client. Historically, this has meant domain connectivity issues, but when tested the machines seem to be connected, just not pro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up AUSST on Mac OS X Server

I am setting up a single instance of Adobe AUS on a Mac Mini Server running OS X Server 10.9.5 and am having an issue with the Web services configuration.1. On the Mac server, downloaded the AUSST set up tool2. Navigated to Server/Web/Data/Sites and ...  View more

2d32415270ba4e6c83d1a26e6909865c 76b954f901b44e15a957292e8dda5409 f0bbd011fe5e4e35acb1d0c93d183426 261e4294a9a244e9bdeb0bce77ae2e6a
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Phantom Restrictions Profile

I have some configuration profiles configured to block normal users from messing around too much in System Preferences. They were things like iCloud, Profiles, Security & Privacy etc. For some reason, when admins logged in they were getting blocked a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Capability No

Hi Guys, We have noticed an issue this PM which shows our MDM Capability as "No" after imaging or enrolling via the URL. Does anybody know what I can check to see what might be causing this? 2 Machines have the same problem now. Thanks! EDIT 23/03/16...  View more

• 110 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX Builtin IPSec Cisco VPN 10.11.4

Hey all, We have noticed that 10.10.4 seems to break newly added Cisco IPSec VPN configurations. We tried on different systems, different networks and different firewalls. Manual configurations as well as profiles don't work, only existing configurat...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need Folder Redirection advice

Hi I have this problem for my school that Google Chrome likes crashes all the time while my students are logged into a Active Directory account running OS X 10.10.5. Has anyone encountered this problem before? I believe I have found the root cause wa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart group based on content of folder

Hello Everyone, Does anyone know of a way to spec out a smart group that looks for the existence of a folder? For instance, if a directory such as "work" exists in /Users/Shared I can find all of the computers where this folder exists in /Users/Share...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 1 kudos

Reporting?

Has anyone written any cool reporting tools? I would assume they use the API? The boss asked me for a report showing deployment of a package over time (12 hrs, 24hrs, 36hrs) broken down by department. I need to show total computers in each department...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Restrict software for specific user group?

We want to be able to restrict software on user accounts to be used for exams. So for example we don't want them to access web browsers (Safari/Chrome/etc.) or email clients (Mail/Outlook). But we don't want to disable these for everyone on a particu...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keep getting Unable to Contact SCEP Server

Can anyone help, I have just setup a test JSS for demo purposes but every time I try and enroll a machine I get an error when installing the MDM profile , the error is saying that it can't contact the SCEP server?i have setup the correct url in the "...  View more

7fac529229fe4e1bb6f84c52c87a610d
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS MDM/Config profiles (Brain fart moment)

Hi, We have a bunch of Ipads that are used for a room booking system and visitor sign in. The default MDM profile requires a passcode be set on all devices. I need to create a policy that will remove that requirement and also disable screen timeout A...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looking to Modify an EA to Show ONLY Local Admins

Hi Everyone. I could use some help here. I have looked all around JN (other sites as well) and I have not come across the answer. I am currently using this EA to report Admin Accounts on a computer. !/bin/sh ##########################################...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zero-day Support for iOS 9.3

Hi Everyone - We have fully tested Casper Suite 9.82 in conjunction with Apple iOS 9.3 and are confident supporting iOS 9.3 without disruption of current functionality. Support for iOS 9.3 capabilities including Classroom app and education preview fe...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling preferences tab(s) for HipChat

Hello friends, I have been trying to package HipChat (ver 3.2.1). After assigning the internal hipchat server address, I want the 'Connection' tab to be disabled..and may be 'Subscription' tab as well. Any help on how to disable the tabs under Prefer...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors