Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Updates to Inbound/Outbound Traffic with Jamf Cloud

As a follow-up to a recent post regarding some additional IP address that have been included in the Outbound traffic from Jamf Cloud, below is a list of the Outbound IP Address that have been added. For a complete list, please see the “Permitting Inb...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43 Now Available

Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.43. Highlights of this release include: Conditional Access Registration Improvements The process for registering computers with Microsoft Intune has been improved in the following ways: • The process name of the age...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 5 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta is Now Available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.43.0 Beta. This release includes enhancements to Device Compliance integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, a new FileVault 2 Personal Recovery Key Attribute, and several fixes and other enhancement...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS Database Utility: Change MySQL Settings greyed out

Im running JSS on a Windows platform and within the JSS Database Utility the Change MySQL Settings greyed out under the utilities drop down menu. I researched and have seen a solution for mac hosted environments but was unable to find one for Windows...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Regenerate Self Service Icons

Hi guys, I have about 500 apps in my mobile self service catalog, and many of them are obsolete or jagged because they pre-date retina iPads. Is there an easy way to reload them? The only method that occurs to me is to delete them from the app catalo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP and LDAP - Can't remove Limitation - bug?

We are deploying VPP to LDAP OUs by targeting "All Users" and using the Limitations to restrict to particular Active Directory OUs (as described in multiple threads). I am trying to update the limitations. I am able to add additional OUs, but unable ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS upgrades and potential disk errors

Gearing up to do hundreds of OS upgrades from Self Serve and/or via Casper Remote. We haven't pushed major version upgrades with Casper before, but I've got a createOSXinstallPkg that's working just fine. With some of my tests I've run a disk util ve...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple User Codes for Printing

We have a client that has been having an issue with people going a little nuts with the color printing, and as such we've implemented user codes on the printer so we can at least determine who the culprit is. However, this requires having a user code...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default Dock Setup For Each AD User That Logs In

Still very new to Casper and the scripting aspects of getting everything to work. I am working on a new Yosemite base and the setup that follows. Right now, I am stuck on setting up the Dock. Have read many posts here on this, not sure if all apply t...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD Port 3283 Scan?

I have recently worked with a team to deploy a new NAC solution in our company. We are using ForeScout's CounterACT. http://goo.gl/Og4iEv One thing that CounterACT has noticed is that many of my Macs will randomly scan other Macs for port 3283 (ARD)....  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite as a gateway, where is NAT?!

Hello: I was referred here by an Apple employee in hopes that I could resolve an issue I'm having. I am using an OS X server as a gateway as well as a server and when I upgraded to Yosemite I learned that NAT was no longer part of the sever suite. I ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Always Show Scrollbars in Yosemite 10.10.4

Hi there, I am trying to find a way to set scrollbars to "Always show" using a policy/sudo code/script etc. I've tried the following, but it does not seem to be working: sudo defaults write NSGlobalDomain AppleShowScrollBars -string “Always” Any help...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

IBM/ JAMF partnership

Seen this? https://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/47386.wss I guess for us guys that work in the Enterprise we might as well get hired by IBM now as I can't see many business hire us as in house Casper experts. IBM now have a one stop Mac sh...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

1st Line, 2nd Line, 3rd Line Mac issues list

Guys, I am trying to compile a list of issues that would be considered 1st Line, 2nd Line, 3rd Line in a Mac environment for management. I think they want to see how things are divided up and for future training purposes of IT Staff. BUT since I work...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Wi-Fi on Mac clients On Our Site

Hi All, We have a bunch of unmanaged Macs on one of our sites that we are looking to manage soon, but at the moment we are having constant issues with connectivity dropping off and being very inconsistent. We have narrowed it down to the following pa...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating / removing profiles in Prepare mode

Hi,I'm trying to get familiar with Apple Configurator. I pushed a profile to a test device under "Prepare" mode, and set the setting for security, "Controls when the profile can be removed" to Never. This makes sense as I don't want these profiles to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS IP change breaks netbook imaging

My department changed the IP address of the master JDS instance and other instances, the DNS is working however I cannot seem to get the iMacs to netboot even though I have changed the instance that they should be looking for in the JSS autorun data.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT Thunderstrike and Root Privileges

Does Thunderstrike 2 require root privileges to start the process off? The first words from this video say it does. He says it starts as "a local root privilege exploit".https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsdqom01XzY Other info I find makes no mention o...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Learn MCX and Configuration Profile

I'm fairly new to the Mac OS X world and want to learn more about custom configuration using MCX and Configuration Profile. Do anyone recommend any resources to learn from the basics so that I'm not always using templates that someone built. I would ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Script failing

I have created the below script to remove all SMART Notebook software that was installed on a machine !/bin/bash Uninstall SMART Products /Applications/SMART Technologies/SMART Uninstaller.app/Contents/Resources/uninstall --all 2> /dev/null delete ne...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrate all clients to a re-architected Casper instance

Guys I am re-architecting to a new Casper (plus separate JDS and Netboot servers) running on CentOS 7 (however the existing mysql database from the old Casper will be migrated to the new Casper so the data will be the same as before). The macs have a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Disable NetBios TCP/IP for Mac

Hello, How do I disable Netbiox TCP/IP for Mac, and is it the same on all versions for Mac? And is there a way to check if it has been disabled/enabled? I know in windows, if you do ipconfig /all, it will list that Netbios tcp/ip is enabled or disabl...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors