Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Broken Pipe error on printer?

We've encountered a strange problem where any job that gets sent to a particular shared printer on our Mac print server is causing an error "Unable to write uncompressed print data. Broken pipe". We tried deleting and recreating the print queue which...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newest HP Printers

Hi All,I have an interesting issue that I'm hoping to have some input on. I have been doing just fine with our existing printer setup with drivers and such. We run a bunch of different models(school district) of HP. My issue is with the newest models...  View more

• 91 replies
  • 2 kudos

Turn OFF Parental Controls

Is there a way to turn OFF parental controls using a command line. The target client is on Yosemite. I need to be able to find a way to disable that checkmark under SYstemPreferences -> Accounts -> user  View more

f09121fa1c0d4fac80414fe680851c6c
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

One Machine still pending after multiple check ins..

hey guys New to Casper and learning as I go here I have created a policy and deployed it to 4 machinesive set it to install on check in and enabled reaccuring check in only in the general tab settings in the policyExecution Frequency is once per comp...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable 'Invert Colours' at login

I have been able to control 'Invert Colours' settings in the Accessibility using a configuration profile and applying it to the computer object. However, Command+Option+F5 and Control+Option+Command+8 both remain operational at the login screen. Any ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS devices dropping off the JSS

Hi, I have been slaving away getting all of our 200+ iPads into DEP or older iPads supervised and enrolled so I can remotely push app and manage the iPads remotely. I got to a point where I had 90% of the iPads in the JSS pushing apps etc then all of...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding a Restriction

Hello, so i had a student who was messing with the passcode settings on one of our iPads, so i looked into Jamf so see if i can set up a restriction were he wasn't able to make those changes anymore. I noticed you can only add a restriction in the co...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Groups on Quick Add

I am fairly new to Computer Management with JSS. Currently I am developing for 2 different sites and just getting started. Some of the Policies and such that we created in the Jumpstart are going to all devices on both sites, regardless of which site...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customize Self Service Notifications

Is it possible to set the notifications delay to a longer time? Instead of hanging for 5 seconds, could it be changed to 20 seconds? I think it comes in and out too fast and users miss it and I would like to make it stay up longer. What would even be...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alert system user on smart group change?

I'm sure the infrastructure is in the JSS to do this. Would it be possible to have the JSS send an email alert to the user account in inventory (that under "User and Location") for a Mac whenever that specific Mac is added to or removed from a certai...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How does MacAdmins compare to MacIT

I have been to MacIT twice and I am considering going to MacAdmins instead this year. How many of you have been to both and which do you think has more value? Things I consider are the session relevancy and networking opportunities.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mapping a blind share in Casper

Hi, We are running a number of desktop macs (iMACS and Mac Mini's) which are mapping network drives happily, both in terms of regular network shares (e.g. SMB://servername/sharename), and also a blind share to the users home folder. By blind share i ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forcing policies to start after rebuild

Ever since i've upgraded to V9.82 from V8 i've missed a lot of changes. After a rebuild the client checked for the missing policies and then automatically installed everything that was missing. Now i'm having to do a sudo jamf policy each time to for...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

open source software licensing

Just curious how people handle distributing software such a dockutil and mysides for people in their organizations. dockutil falls under an apache license and mysides falls under the MIT license. I'm not an expert in any of this hence why I'm asking....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

2016 PARCC Testing Issue

Hi all, In our school district we are seeing an issue with Java unable to be successfully detected in Firefox per the PARCC testing technical requirements. JSS is up to date. Firefox is up to date. Java is running the recommended version from Oracle....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

List Available Updates in the App Store

Hi There, A good amount of users install Apps using their personal account since they have admin privileges on their Mac. Now, I know that we can't force updates since these apps weren't installed using self service but I was wondering if there's a w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

No application set to open URL self-service

Has anyone else seen this? I have created a new image and deployed it to my test machine. And I got this when I tried to install an application from Self Service. Im confused because I have imaged this machine and had no problems with getting to Self...  View more

47d459e65004403db513566e8f1fac04
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Remote Desktop 8.0.27 is renamed

FYI, Microsoft updated their Remote Desktop app for Mac as distributed via the Mac App Store from 8.0.26 to version 8.0.27. HOWEVER, they changed the name. It is no longer "Microsoft Remote Desktop.app" it is now "MicrosoftRemoteDesktop.app" as such,...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set restrictions in iOS Youtube app?

Is there a way that I can restrict content on the iOS Youtube app by pointing it to a certain server or something? I'm thinking there has to be a way to set that up much like you do with the self-service app and pointing it to the JSS server.I've tri...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors