Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

In-House App version reporting issue

Hi We have an In-House app which for example is version 9.3 The app is installed and showing the correct version number in the JSS as version 9.3 When our developers push us out an update with a 3 string version number, 9.3.2 for example, we put this...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Read-only OS X account?

Is it possible to create an account in OS X that only has the ability to read or run tasks but not access or make changes?It may need a way to run commands from a remote console for auditing purposes, they were denied using the root account, any sugg...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unattended installation with password passthrough

I built a pkg using Platypus that is designed to run an unattended install using the following script: #!/bin/sh sudo installer -allowUntrusted -verboseR -pkg "/path-to-pkg" -target / I added the following line to present the users with a notificatio...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTPS downloads / IIS and Server certificates

I Inherited our jamf/jss management and wasn't here for the provisioning. Our server certificate in IIS that enables https downloads in Jamf is expiring next month. I see there's a Renew... option, but I'm not sure how to renew it. (options include r...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preventing root access

Here on the campus I work it's been standard for years for the full time staff and faculty to have admin privileges on their Windows and Mac systems. I've opposed this over the 18 years I've been employed but it falls on deaf ears. After some recent ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Wifi Networks without Admin Privileges

Hello, Currently our staff have admin privileges on our Mac OS X Machines. We would like to take this away and make them a standard user. The only thing preventing us from doing so is adding Wifi Networks either at work or home. Does anyone know a wa...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with bsexec and launchc

So I have a LaunchAgent that is going to be deployed a systems running 10.9 through 10.11. For unloading and loading the LaunchAgent as part of the pre/postinstall scripts in the installer and uninstaller packages, I am currently using the launchctl ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA to report computers default DP

I searched the EA's posted here and came up empty. Has anyone written an EA to report the computer's default distribution point? Or is this going to be my crash course introduction to API scripting?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trigger-Based Policy Fails

I am noticing that while still largely successful, most of the trigger-based policies in my environment produce failed or otherwise unsuccessful push attempts on client machines within the specified scope. Take for example the case of a Dropbox updat...  View more

59db9372319e43e4babfacd58d5171c5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.11 and SMB Network Homes

Hi Guys, I'm trying to find out if anyone else has had any issues like this; We have about 150 iMacs around the school for student use, and until recently we have used the AD plugin to mount their network drive as their user profile. The network driv...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2011 - AppleScript to remove all accounts

as part of our o365 upgrade we're considering removing all exchange accounts from the Outlook 2011 client before the import to Outlook 2016. That way the 'On My Computer' data will get imported but the user will setup a fresh account that brings down...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 - drive encrypted, JSS says it isn't

I used a configuration profile to require FV2, and to create an individual recovery key. When I scoped it to my test Mac the config profile did its thing and it encrypted the drive using FV2. I watched it finish, I rebooted and had to log in through ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running AnyConnect

So, I'm using Composer to watch for the install and set the vpn server for Cisco AnyConnect and create a package. I can then also deploy this out to clients and it installs ok. But whenever it goes to connect, AnyConnect wants admin credentials like ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

DHCP and DNS Best Practices

Hi, over the years, I have noticed many a problem with inconsistent DNS records for Non-Microsoft desktops in my environment. We do exclusively use Microsoft Active Directory. Some of the issues include:- Multiple A records for an IP- Missing or inco...  View more

1394b44510db42ee882051dc71162e42
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin - Package Size

I noticed that in Casper Admin all of my packages show "n/a" for the package size. Is this normal? Our JSS is on a Windows server and we are running JSS 9.81.I'm looking for a way to get the a package size with API or some way through script.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Partially unlocking screen after login

I'm having an incredibly annoying issue crop up with an increasing number of my users based around logging in after the screensaver locks their computer. The computer logs in but when they hit the main GUI all of the applications appear to be in the ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activation Lock Bypass Code - not working

Errr eeeeeek! Institutionally owned and supervised iPad Air 1 running 9.2 iPad is about 4 months old, with AppleCare. Error message: Incorrect Apple ID or Password. Not sure what to do, it's an expensive paper weight, and the ultimate frisbee team is...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver policy issues in El Capitan

I'm wondering if anyone else is hitting this. I deployed the workaround to push com.apple.screensaver settings as a Custom Payload instead of using the JSS built-in screensaver settings that are bugged in 9.82. I confirmed that the Profile is pushed ...  View more

3d27f265f4614d3cbbc1f342c98f91d7 0d9e34b0be1444d386523e37ae3a74fd 15b0ddbe63474dfa9e7cfa8929a46957
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Migration & Application Ownership rights

We are currently in the process of migrating our staff to AD from local accounts. I am using the script from here The issue that is coming up is that the local user loses rights to update applications and applications break as well and need to be rei...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues Loading/Unloading LaunchAgent

We have an in house application that runs via a LaunchAgent that we are looking to deploy. I've successfully packaged up the app along with the plist for the agent, and ensure permissions are correct on everything. The preinstall script is set to che...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors