Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Broken admin account

We have a Mac that was re-enrolled by a tech. trying to log in to our admin account on the machine failed after that. The tech changed the password locally to the correct password and could logon but policies like reissueing the FileVault key were fa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a Office 2016 package with preferences

Hi all, I'm having some issues with my Office 2016 package. This is essentially the first package that I've built with Composer. I took a clean, non-domain joined system and started running composer. Installed office, launched each app and set the pr...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automated Compliance Monitoring

Hi all, AirWatch has a robust automated compliance monitoring feature that notifies users when their device is out of compliance and gives a deadline for bringing the device back into compliance. Does anything in the Casper Suite provide this type of...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with a script

So we're trying to set things up to use Google Drive as an automagic backup solution here. I've used MacDropAny to set up my proof of concept, but I feel like that'll be too time consuming to set up on all our users' machines. I'm trying to write a s...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable menu items for applications

Some of our users are interested in using the Grammarly native OS X application, but I inspected the application contents and it doesn't look like there's an easy way to disable update checks just by renaming a framework or something like that. Is th...  View more

8753de298a274734ad330780520b8700
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS Yosemite installer

Does anyone have the Yosemite installer. I'm desperate for some help, the current system that I'm running does not support El Capitan. Any help will be much appreciated  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Assignments to device rather than user

I am able to assign apps via going to the app and then scoping the devices. However, the User VPP assignments seems to be more efficient (i.e. being able to select multiple apps and then change the scope). Our iPads are shared and aren't tied to a us...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rename iPad via JSS

Hi, I remember when I used JSS previously I could edit the iPad name through the 'Edit General' button. Now it only shows custom attributes and asset name. Is there any way to rename iPads via JSS? EDIT: It appears the device weren't supervised. Sorr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Typical number of packages and policies managed?

For organizations of 10,000 Mac devices, typically how many policies and packages are created in a year? By packages, I mean new, upgrades, or patches. Also do you find they go up when you have multiple departments that may require different applicat...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Having Issues with Script running in self-service

I added the Firefox script made by Joe into my JSS. It worked great in my environment until a few days ago. Nothing has been changed in my JSS; it now pops up an error when running from self-service. There was a problem installing Mozilla Firefox. Co...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

mountNetworkShare.sh Help

Hey All, Working on mountNetworkShare.sh script and have it working as expected. However when the script tries to execute at login it fails with: CHECK TO SEE IF A VALUE WERE PASSED IN FOR PARAMETERS XXXXX THROUGH AND, IF SO, ASSIGN THEM Wed Mar 9 11...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 Update ver. 15.20

Office 2016 Update ver. 15.20 shows up under "Office Insider Program" updates. Status is "Recommended".Question, please - is it a better or final release? Should I distribute that one or wait?Thanks!  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Slow Login

Hi All, I'm sure this question has been asked a lot, but I cannot seem to find any solid answers anywhere. Our machines are bound to AD and are setup as mobile accounts. They also have FV2 enabled. Machines aren't shared, so that users' machine is th...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS and VPP Behaviour Query

Hi Guys, Quick question about how the apps are synchronised with the JSS after purchasing from the VPP store. We purchased a number of licenses from the VPP and when navigating to Settings>Global Settings>VPP Accounts>Our Account>Content and it does ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount Network Share

Hello All. I am trying to mount a network share upon login and am using this script in order to do it (https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProductFile.html?fid=476). I notice a lot of references to '/usr/sbin' in the script. Are these references ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot not working, what's going on here?

Hi, I've spend the last 2 days trying to get NetBoot working and I'm pulling my hair out right now. Situation: Mac Mini, OS X El Capitan with Server configured. Created a BootImage based on El Capitan with AutoCasperNBI, everything is set up using in...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS - SSL to deliver updates?

Hi. We have an SSL cert installed on our NetSUS appliance, which protects the management interface. However, we would like to deliver software updates over SSL, using the NetSUS appliance. Is this possible - I notice that when the URLs to the catalog...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quickly add device attributes or tags

I am coming from Meraki where it was quite easy to add iPads to new groupings through checking a box and then adding a new tag. Is there any way to do this in JSS without a tedious amount of clicking?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

pwpolicy for local users

As it is now, we have a hidden management account and the local user account. The local user account is the only FV2 user, but we have our FV2 keys escrowed in the JSS. So when you boot, you just have the option to log in as the owner of the computer...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trusting a Certificate

Hi all. I thought this one was going to be quite easy but it's turining into a challenge. A mail hosting organization I work with chaged certificates today and I'm trying to get the new cert installed and trusted. Using a Mac that has trusted this ce...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script set to run AFTER IMAGING ??

when does this actually happen? after the OS has been installed? I want this particular script to be the last thing that runs in this particular configuration, after the OS and all other applications/Scripts that my configuration has in it have run. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors