Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Apple DEP device removal process

I have an iMac that we need removed from our inventory and want to remove it from DEP. I have "Disowned" in deply.apple.com however the MDM prompt is still coming up on this machine. Are there other steps we need to take to prevent this from happenin...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

IOS 9.2 Not pushing inventory update

This appears to be documented in other communications regarding the need to update to 9.2.1, but just putting it out there incase anyone else missed it, like myself.... If you have any IOS 9.2 devices showing in MDM, you will find they are unlikely c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Bind ComputerName and payload

Im very new in the mac and jamfworld so please correct me if im totalty off here. Im just trying to find the best solution! Im enrolling clients for a customer that requires rename prior to AD Bind and i solved that by having only two policys trigger...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Latest Training Series Documents

Hey guysI downloaded the Casper Suite 9.81 Admin Guide I also found but old Training Series documents where they tell you to go to X page and build X package etc But they are probably to old to reflect Casper Suite 9.81 Admin Guide with the proper pa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firmware password has to be removed before imaging?

I was attempting to reimage a Macbook Air which had a firmware password set. I know the password and got past the prompt to get to the Netboot options. Booted into Casper Imaging and selected my workflow options. Image was restored to the device, but...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store Apps / VPP Content Not Deploying

Need some help figuring out deployment of Mac App Store apps that I obtained a VPP license for. Scratching my head as the apps won't deploy and in the computers I scoped to, there are no "pending commands". Hoping this is really easy! In the JSS, I s...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Build a smaller/faster NBI image?

I'm new to Casper, and just recently finished my Jumpstart. During the jumpstart, I was shown the process to create a Casper Imaging NBI to replace our current use of DeployStudio. The process that I was shown is to download the full installer of the...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Trigger Not Working

My JSS is running 9.81 and I have been reading a lot about custom triggers and how useful they can be. I am in the process of a few tasks that would very much benefit from this use. However despite my efforts to simplify the workflow as much as possi...  View more

41bd75ed0a784c3d84affc6e0a39506f 717638a7c95c42f5a9b29d7c0d7ce864 bc774e5c1dcb42139a801c6ba43e6b03
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bug in "Send an Email" Form?

I think I've found a bug with the Sender Email address field on the Send an Email feature. Does anyone else have this problem? The field says: Sender Email AddressEmail address that the JSS will send the email from Steps to reproduce:1. Go to a Smart...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac app store apps asking for Apple ID

We are on 9.82 and are using Device Based Assignment for all of our apps, but when I add mac app store apps (that we have licenses for) it will occasionally pop up asking for an apple ID. It seems to be only on computers that have at some point logge...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac\iOS In Connecticut

Hello all, I currently manage about 150 Macs and 350 iOS devices for a town here in Connecticut. As I haven't had any luck finding a nearby district that matches our current deployment, I'm expanding my search here. We've run into a few issues, mostl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS REST API C# example?

Does anyone have working JSS REST API code in c#? I am trying to write an application that can grab basic computer information but I cannot find any good examples of C# and REST API. If you have any sample code, sharing is greatly appreciated. Thanks...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP License says being used but is not assigned

Has anyone seen this issue where it says a VPP License is being used for a App but it really isn't? If so how do you fix it to reclaim that license to give to another user? 1 VPP licenses are being used for 'Apple Remote Desktop'0 computers have 'App...  View more

6ac234715de045c9bf074755eb50438a
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sketch Application - So many updates so quickly

So we don't give users admin for obvious reasons and Sketch comes out with updates almost weekly at this point. The problem is their files are only compatible with the version they were made in.I haven't worked autopkg into my workflow yet (I know!) ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

Force printers to print in grayscale

Hi all, We have over 170 printers in our environment and would like to make the printers print in grayscale by default. Does anyone have a script that the have in place to do anything like this? I do not want to have to touch all 170 printers. Right ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log connection requests to JSS

I'm in the process of setting up a limited JSS in the DMZ, and my security architecture folks have asked for a way to monitor both successful and unsuccessful connections to that JSS. Does anyone have any advice on tomcat settings or something else t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sign MDM Profile using Third Party Certificate

We recently purchased Third party certificate for our DMZ tomcat. I went through the process included in this article. (https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=115) When I browse to the JSS, now our certificate is no longer self-signed so...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA to report type of Hard drive

Anyone already create a script to return what kind of drive is installed? Just looking to group machines by SSD or non-SSD. Gabe ShackneyPrinceton Public Schools  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Download Latest PKG's?

Hi All, I am sure I came across a site on Jamf that someone posted that links you direct to all the latest PKG downloads, photoshop, office etc? Has anyone got the link? Or could correct me if I a totally wrong - which wouldn't amaze me! Simon  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors