Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Cant send to email when email is created from profile

I am seeing a new strange issue on iOS. We have an email configuration profile set up on our devices. Sometime between last year and this (and possibly because of iOS 9) the option to send a document via mail from pages or some other app is no longer...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Last Enrollment:" field is blank

I'm looking for a way to find all these devices and put them in a Smart Group. Unfortunately the options available for "Last Enrollment" is strictly before/after n date & before/after n days. I can't seem to figure out how to finagle it to report on ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying El Capitan with Office 2016

I have read several JAMF Nation articles and blogs from other sources so I think I have this down but I want to make sure before rolling it out to hundreds of computers. I downloaded the Office 2016 for Mac iso file from Microsoft's VLSC site. We are...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macintosh HD icon flickering

Has anyone experienced an issue where the Macintosh HD icon flickers? Mac on OS X El Capitan Seen this article but don't have Google Drive client locally installed on the Mac, article Sachin  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlan 5.0.2 -- deployment during imaging?

I have successfully packaged CrashPlan and put it in Self Service as a pull-policy. There are no major issues with this and it seems to work well (followed the "Administering CrashPlan..." guide). My question is: have you guys also been able to inclu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not able to download from JDS, possible certificate issue ?

Hi all, I'm flumoxed on this one! Yesterday i noticed that any policies that download pkgs or dmgs from the JDS were failing, (Self Service and recurring), policies that do not download are successful. I've tested on 4 different Macs at different sit...  View more

0e57d9be86074616b995c6e6400f471d
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice - Adobe Reader Safari Plug-in

All, Quick question: What is the best way to change the Safari Adobe reader plugin from Ask to Always Allow for a specific website? Config Profile or is there a little command i can use and run using Casper Remote? Anything else? Kyuubi  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Removal of JAMF Binary

We have an employee that left our org, and the user was issued the laptop permanently for their personal use. Best way to accomplish them not being managed anymore would be to give them instructions for "jamf removeframework" and then delete the devi...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Lock Computer

Has anyone been this stuck with a locked computer? I locked a computer remotely using JSS and creating the 6 digit code. The computer successfully locked, the student then tried to guess what the code is and got it wrong. He then brought it to me wit...  View more

• 68 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attributes Best Practices

Im starting to really get into Extension Attributes! These things are freakin' magic. So many possibilites to be creative here. I have come up with a couple cool EAs that really help my Desktop team a lot in terms of gathering important site-sepcific...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

In app purchases with VPP?

We just bought Notion for our iPad pros with Apple Pencil using VPP, however I cannot get the handwriting $7.99 in app purchase to download. Does VPP disable in app purchases? If so what are the work arounds if any? Gabe ShackneyPrinceton Public Scho...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Installing Java 8 Silently

Oracle has made their Java 8 Update 73 installer an app rather than a package. So in order to install it, I have written a script to launch the app. I found documentation on Oracle's site that explains that if you follow the install command with the ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practice for 'Loan' iPads?

We have just started using 1-1 iPads in 5th and 7th grades, and have just had our first iPad handed back that needs to be fixed under warranty, but realised we have no process for setting a student up with a temporary iPad to continue doing work. All...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lync First run (Accept SLT script)

Hi All, Stuck on the following. Anyone have any ideas of why its not making the edits on the .plist? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys! #!/bin/bash user=$( ls -l /dev/console | awk '{print $3}' ) defaults write /$user/Library/Pre...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Crashes

We have moved to managed distribution - pushing apps out to iPads instead of users. using JSS 9.82 and all our iPads are iOS 9 or above. all apps are up to date. Students come in daily with apps that crash when opening. if they delete the app and i p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prompt local user to change password

Hi all, our teacher MacBooks are not bound to AD, we manually create a local account as and when a MacBook is deployed to a member of staff, and we set that user as an enabled FileVault2 user. My question is, is it possible (by way of a script, confi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon -realname syntax issue (bash)

Hello, I have a script which I run at first user login to the mac. It searches Active Directory and populates JSS based on the results. Everything works fine with the exception of the -realname field. I understand that when sending -realname from the...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group Not Detecting Windows OS

Hi Guys, Just been playing around with Recon on Windows and tried to get the Windows machine to join a Smart Group based upon its OS and it will not join. Have tried using the full OS name, OS version, and the build number but none of them work. It w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors