Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

In-House app version control

Hi We have an in house app that is pushed out to 500 devices and is used on a day by day basis, it is a POS application that needs to run at all times. When our developers have an update we want to be able to test this update to a specific store's de...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enterprise Backup

Hi all, I've seen some OLD posts about backups. We use "Netbackup" for our Windows OS, but they apparently no longer do a Mac client, so we are looking around for alternatives. Can anyone suggest a good backup solution of wired/wireless Mac OSX devic...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem setting screen lock on Mac

Hi, We tried to create a policy for setting a password on a screen lock after 5 seconds and created a policy in Configuration Policies > Security and PrivacyHowever the Mac does not ask for a password after a user locks the screen or puts it to sleep...  View more

6befbd1e1e4c42f2b288a03a8cdcb4ac 35464c105b884b88854edc89bbf04333
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

APNs in Europe and akamai?

Hi all, I've heard during a CCA course that in Europe we have to enable also Akamai ip addresses to receive Apple Push Notifications and so there will be no more errors. I cannot find the Akamai ip addresses ranges to use...Could somebody help me? Ma...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating iOS apps doesn't work

Hi guys, We are doing some testing of device-based VPP assignments and are testing how triggering an app update works on managed apps, just to discover today that the update doesn't actually go through. iPad has version 2.0 of the app installed the l...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock Desktop Picture

I have a Configuration Profile with a number of Restrictions set, but I am having problems with the Desktop tab. The wallpaper is set to /.corp/Wallpapers/Staff-Standard.jpg, but the Lock Desktop Picture option prevents users from changing the wallpa...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing FileVault key types (IRK to PRK)

I got dropped into a sticky situation and need some help strategizing... I'm trying to work out a system for getting a client's entire fleet (about 4,000 computers globally) to switch from an institutional FV2 key, to escrowed personal keys. There is...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying to smaller deployment groups

I've been deploying software updates by smart groups, which normally include 200-300 users at a time. Our networking team is saying that we're using too much of our network bandwidth, so I need to find a way to deploy to a smaller group of people at ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Administrator Account

I had an odd scenario happen last week where our local Administrator account on 1 Mac went from being an admin to a standard account and having the password changed. The employee that uses the Mac as their machine is a standard account as well. I don...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Administrator Account

I had an odd scenario happen last week where our local Administrator account on 1 Mac went from being an admin to a standard account and having the password changed. The employee that uses the Mac as their machine is a standard account as well. I don...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why So Much Unusable Data in the JSS?

Perhaps this will be viewed as more of a 'rant' than 'discussion'. However I truly hope it's something I am just missing. If so I'll gladly admit that I blew it and will thank everyone profusely for showing me the light. This is what I'm struggling w...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome and Safari

is there a way through casper to disable Chrome and Safari from remembering passwords? I have a many teachers who are keeping this on and access to frequently used sites is becoming a problem.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Click on computer name in JSS never loads and hangs

I login to JSS, 9.81 search for computer name from my mac.Find the one I'm looking for and click on computer name.LOOK like the page is loading and the process bar gets stuck on in the middle and locks my browser up?tired rebooting the Casper server....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Advanced Computer Search - Encryption Status

I am trying to create an advanced computer search that will show me the status of Macs that have had encryption pushed to them. The criteria would be computers that have had the encryption policy assigned to them and the display would be the policy s...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting ARD info fields dynamically from the JSS

I'm wondering if anyone out there has had to deal with something like this- We have specific requirements for the contents of all our client Macs ARD Computer Info fields, that I'm hoping to populate dynamically from the User and Location info for ea...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

NetSUS and Infoblox

Hi. Trying to configure NetBoot in our environment. Our DHCP is managed by Infoblox - is there a pre-configured filter that we can apply to our Infoblox setup, or is it a case of adding IP helpers to all switches involved? A filter/setting that we co...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

App in inventory not on iPad

Over the past 2 weeks we have seen some of our iPads show in their JSS inventory app is installed and managed (not always the same app). However, the app is not able to be found on the device. Some devices were corrected with a push, others required...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backing up Mac clients to a network location?

What do people here use to back up client Macs over the network? We tried Time Machine first, as we figured that would be the "de facto standard" for Mac backup. However it required a Mac server, and we also found that clients that we set up to use i...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors