Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Vendor at JNUC 2015

Hopefully someone can jar my memory. There was a vendor that offered a small scale management solution that had a table in the lobby. The name had something to do with a leaf or tree (or something). Does anyone have an idea? Thanks /randy  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic Drive mapping issue

Alright folks we have a issue we are stumped on here. We have used the script located here https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProductFile.html?fid=476 to auto map department drives and a users network drive on login. We did make 1 modification t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite 9.9 Beta 2

The second beta build for our Spring 2016 Release of Casper Suite 9.9 is now available. We’ve been gearing up to offer zero-day support for Apple iOS 9.3, including innovative new features that will transform the classroom experience and the way all ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting Local User Account information

I would very much like to pull some reports that include the Local User Account information (specifically the UID and Admin) status.When creating an inventory search, choosing to display Local User Accounts from the Assets tab returns nothing in the ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Local Signatures - Outlook 2016

Hello my fellow JAMF'ers- Hopefully someone can lead me in the right direction with this. We are looking into implementing Macs more heavily into our environment, and one of my projects is seeing if there is a way that we can disable all local signat...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

putting apps on specific pages (iPad)

We'd like to use the JSS to deploy iOS apps but some of our users want a way to specify what pages and folders those apps go into. Is it possible to push the apps out through JSS and apply one device's page set up to other devices? I tried backing up...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CCE Amsterdam - where to stay?

Hi This question is a little bit off topic but it is actually the best place to ask. I will take part in the CCE training in March. Some of you have taken course in Amsterdam. Can you recommend nearby accommodation? Prices in Amsterdam are ... well i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickStart Guide for Managing...

Have you seen two new QuickStart Guides, QuickStart Guide for Managing Computers and QuickStart Guide for Managing Mobile Devices? No? Check your "My Assets" section. Guides are amazing and super-usufull.Thanks, JAMF team!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a Netboot Image (the easy way)

I know this is "technically" a duplicate of this KB article, but I found the article to be a bit weak for people not already familiar with the Netboot image process. So, I'm crafting the below as a getting started guide, using community tools to make...  View more

8dbdd05083db47649fed5b07eb96812c 46c665c89b0a43938207901a5f331cdd 16c2bf5613884530ba71e925362d0e92 71f416a2156d4b368be25ad884cf1543
  • 12 replies
  • 4 kudos

Safari Sharepoint Plugin -- trusting sites

My organization has just changed intranet platforms and is now heavily leveraging SharePoint and Yammer. Does anyone have any ideas for how to pre-populate sites into the trust settings for the Safari SharePoint Plugin? Yes, I know there are security...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Unlock the iPhone-gate

Okay, I'm not a political ranter or anything...I'm a firm believer in letting each man/woman make up his/her mind politically, but someone should go offer to integrate Casper or something to the folks of San Bernadino County. Won't help so much with ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off Site Downloading

Hi All, Our File Dist Point is hosted onsite and users cannot get access to this unless they are on our internal network. I have to change the wallpaper of our machines all at the same time and planned to upload this is a web server and then have our...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading from JAMF NetBoot/SUS 3 to 4

Hi All, Haven't seen anything in the documentation or the forum on how to do an upgrade from version 3 to 4 of the NetBoot/SUS. We have it on Redhat Server. Has anyone done it? Is it just a matter of running the script or are there some things to do ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to install El Capitan from scratch from USB

I just had the weirdest thing happen. I made a bootable USB drive with the El Capitan installationfor my 2013 13" MacBook Air. When I boot the USB to the El Capitan installation, everything goes through, but for some reason I end up with Yosemite ins...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Notebook 15 key detection?

I'm wondering if there is a way of detecting which of the 3 different license keys were used for installs we have for Smart Notebook 15 via Self Service. It would be handy to have the Install become "greyed" out or unavailable in Self Service if the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email Recipient Limitation

Does anyone know what the max number of email recipients that the JSS can handle is? I have a group email message with 290 members that's failing, but smaller sized group emails get sent fine.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer 9.82, permissions, and _unknown (99)

I haven't had to make any packages or disk images in quite some time and we just recently upgraded to 9.82. When I opened Composer, dropped an app into it, and then viewed the permissions I saw _unknown (99). I don't remember seeing this in the past ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon cannot ssh into os x machines

Whether I am trying to enroll the machine that i have recon installed on, or workstations on the LAN, recon always says that ssh fails to make the socket connection even though I can manually verify that ssh is working both locally and on remote host...  View more

8dd179e93a5a4d3db562fc247d4271bc
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Dock Icon & dockutil

I'm using dockutil and loving it. But I'm hoping to accomplish one thing that may not be possible: Is it possible (with dockutil or otherwise), to add a network share point with a custom icon?  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences 'Mobile Account Time to Live'

I just set up a managed preferences for 'Mobile Account and Other Options' payload and set the 'Mobile Account Time to Live' to 604000 seconds (one week). I scoped this to 1 test computer. When will this take effect? there is no trigger, and no execu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid profile when enrolling iPads through DEP

We are having an interesting problem getting our iPads enrolled... Environment is an internal JSS running on Windows Server 2012R2. iPads are on the same network as the JSS server, and there are no VLANS in place. When the iPads are connected to an i...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-Enroll After Login Board Replacement

Been meaning to inquire about this one for awhile... Anytime we replace the Logic Board in a system, I've found that I will have to re-enroll the system with the JSS and delete the old inventory record. Is there a way around this, or is this just how...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors