Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Find My Mac, Locked Device and Future Prevention

So we might be learning this lesson the hard way, but we have an Air that a student has locked via his iCloud account and does not know the code. We've been fighting with Apple support and GSX to get it unlocked but in the interim we've begun discuss...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone using ADSelfService Plus?

Does anyone have experience with this product from ManageEngine? https://www.manageengine.com/products/self-service-password/mac-os-x-login-agent.html They offer a Login Agent that allows AD password resets from the login screen. I have some concerns...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group based on policy

Is there a way to create a smart group of Macs that have not run a policy that I have created? This policy only includes a script. I have made groups based off running packages before but I am not seeing and option for scripts.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Capitan Upgrade failing

HI All We up to 10.11 have been at build time creating a separate partition and copying the /Users folder to this separate partition and then createing a sym link on the boot partition of the /Users.This has worked well, now with the 10.11 in-place i...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Self Service Installation Failed

Trying to install Casper on a local machine.Brand new (late 2015) iMac with Retina 5K, and El Capitan. Installation fails every time. Tried different user account. Tried fixing permissions. Here is the log: Feb 16 15:51:32 dhcp-140-247-172-233 Instal...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Integrating Casper Suite with BMC Remedy

Has anyone had any success (or experience) integrating Casper Suite with the BMC Remedy Action Request System, specifically the Service Request Management functionality? I can go into specific details on exactly what it is we're trying to do, but I w...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking SSID

Trying to block our public SSID so students on school mac's cant join it and take it off our systems. Any thoughts?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDK 8 u73

Hi Everyone, Has anyone been successful in packaging the JDK 8u73? I have tried to just drop the .pkg into Casper Admin and I have tried to snapshot it with Composer. Both methods fail to deliver an installer that works via Casper Remote or via polic...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unapproved Caller Errors

Hi all, Just wanted to see if anyone was getting a bunch of Unapproved Caller errors on they're machines this morning. I think its coming from Symantec. Not sure if this is something that i'm just seeing or if anyone else is seeing this. Thanks,Ronni...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store PKG Issues

Not sure what's different, but I grabbed the PKGs of several applications from the Mac App Store for deployment in our environment several months ago. Recently we've had some issues with imaging (related to documented product issue D-009846) but in l...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Continue policy despite errors

Does anyone know of a way to force a Policy to continue to run when it encounters an error (such as a script that can not find the elements it's trying to remove) so that the remaining items are completed anyway?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Meetup Reminder

A little late, but our February meetup is Thursday at the Apple Store on Walnut Street. We'll be doing a Terminal/Command Line 101 this month, so if you're new or relatively new to the command line, or need a refresher, be sure to stop by.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-place upgrades

Has anybody noticed that in-place upgrades have broken? I was testing a bit yesterday and all of the sudden a package that had been working fine started telling me the installer is corrupt and needs to be downloaded from the App store. Then I tried t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate Creative Cloud Packager - Auto import to JSS

Hey Folks, I am hoping just to do a little feature validation. I had this discussion on slack as well but I wanted to validate here as well. We have several different initiatives under way that I won't get in to here but one thing that has come up is...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Integrating Casper in a MaaS 360 environment

I have recently moved to a new job. They have a fair number of macs (a whole more PC's) but have not been doing anything for mobile management with them. They do use MaaS 360 to get some information but are looking at a full blown management solution...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logic and GarageBand Content/Indexing

I've been trying to find a way to package Logic and GarageBand with all of the loops installed and indexed for each user. The apps install fine, nothing weird/crazy to deal with. I download all of the loops and extra content with both programs and ma...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus App Focus

I have assigned sites to all the apps we are pushing out through the JSS in order to try to limit the number of apps that show up in Casper Focus for our teachers. However, all the apps still show, even if they are assigned to sites. This is a proble...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 diable auto updates

I am facing a issue with Office 2016 package. We have a volume license package and a script to disable first login prompts & disable updates. Everything works fine till a user logs in to activate the office, as soon as user enters the credential for ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP iPad cant download configuration

While JSS is working fine and some iPad are enrolling into JSS normally. On DEP iPads we are getting message. "The configuration for your iPad can not be downloaded. The configuration is not available." Any suggestions.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking load of smart groups on server?

I have a hosted JSS solution and I cannot currently log in to check process statistics like CPU load, but have noticed at times my JSS pauses at updating clients (ie, sending push notices), and am curious how many smart groups it would take to cause ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying El Capitan upgrade breaks JSS enrollment

(Apologies in advance if I'm not using the correct terms.) I have been deploying El Capitan to some of the Macs in my computer lab, by caching the OS first locally, and then deploying the update after it's been cached. For some reason after the updat...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Unity3D

My company has several application programmers and about a dozen content producer that use Unity3D for designing iOS application and content for those applications. This means that they need to have the Unity IDE installed and maintained on their sys...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Print Server script

Any one here using VPSX Print Server. I need help if possible to convert this .vbs script to Perl.This PDDT doesn't support deployment to Mac or Linux only Windows Os. I can send a copy of the .vbs script. Thank you,  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors