Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Google Drive Installation and Setup

To just make things 1 little bit easier. I'm trying to install google drive and somehow pass authentication to it somehow so that it's automatically fully set up from a Self Service policy or a policy ran at first login. Our user names and passwords ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS Requirement in Casper Admin

We have a Keynote policy that has 4 versions of Keynote for different versions of OS X. Each Keynote package in Casper Admin has a different setting defined for the OS Requirement variable, so that only one package will install when then Keynote poli...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reset Management Password After Reimage?

Hello,Currently we use one management account password on all imaged Macs, but then use a policy to change the management account password on any student Mac. Lately we have noticed that this policy isn't working when we re-image a student Mac becaus...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove a users Microsoft Remote Desktop Plist

A user is having issues connecting to Microsoft Remote Desktop on a particular mac. They can login fine from another mac. How can I delete the plist on the mac that isn't working please almost reset the Remote Desktop settings. I have ARD available, ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating a package?

Our current VLC package that we created with Composer also contains all the default user settings etcetera that we set up. Now that there is a new version to patch the Sparkle vulnerability, is there a way for us to somehow update our existing packag...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock items add and remove

I've noticed that if I create a policy to add or remove dock items, it only effects current user accounts. I created a policy to remove a bunch of dock items (mail, contacts,itunes,app store,maps,ibooks etc...). If a new user logs in, AFTER THE POLIC...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud Computer Wipe Surprise

So I just found out something that was very surprising. The genius bar will wipe a student's computer without an admin password as long as he/she is signed in with iCloud. I had a computer that had not check in for a while, so I had the student bring...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autonomy Connected Backup 8.8.5 update from 8.8.2

I am looking to see if anyone has deployed Connected Backup to your environment and how did you retained the end user account info or configuration. I am testing the latest version and the install went fine but the account is not longer active after ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force SMB2/3 Connection

Does anyone know how to force an SMB2/3 connection on a Mac. I seem to be getting an error on a MAc when setting up using DEP and binded to AD  View more

5cfe146767f94952895822f402143012
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office for Mac 2016 15.19 - really?

JAMF's Office for Mac 2016 page has been updated with version info 15.19: here Microsoft AutoUpdate does not show this update available, also there is no info about 15.19 on Microsoft Support portal. Is that official release, or the Insider Preview b...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

General system maintenance script?

Does anyone have a script that they use to run maintenance tasks on a system, such as a computer lab machine, that is used by multiple users and/or left on for extended periods of time? I don't have any specific things in mind at this time. I'm tryin...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Halting Policy

Hello, I'm hoping there is a quick and simple answer which I just haven't stumbled across yet. Currently, we have applications which we want to launch at the beginning of our enrollment policies to notify our end users about how long the installation...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transitioning from Profile Manager to Casper Suite

We're about ready to start getting our Macs onto our new Casper Suite setup, but we seem to have run into a bit of an issue - on Macs that are enrolled in our old Profile Manager setup, the QuickAdd package installation fails. I discovered that I can...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store Auto Updates - Need Help

Hey everyone! So I recently tested the App Store doing auto updates in El Capitan on items like Keynote and Pages and it was cool because I was logged in as a standard user and the apps updated themselves without needing admin rights. I set the App S...  View more

0fb1b7f7ec504b569d92e52a3f9f5000
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Default Display Properties of the App Catalog

Hello. Does anyone know how to set the default display properties inside the app catalog? Right now it opens with all of my categories shown in expanded view. I'd really like to have the page display with all of the categories collapsed as a default....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Newb Guides

hey everyoneI am a Casper Suite newb and need to get some experience with itDoes anyone have any good step by step guides they can point me to?Want to start off with an easy one and package chrome Cheers  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

File sharing distribution point - HTTPS/SMB

Hi, We are using JAMF Casper Suite version 9.81 (without test environment) and we have questions about file sharing (distribution point) if we want to use HTTPS.At this time, we only use SMB file sharing for one distribution point. If we want to acti...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

CreateUserPkg to update passwords?

Hi all, I'm successfully imaged a few machines with the and used createuserpkg to set the admin account/password. Has anyone attempted to update the password (we need to do this quarterly) by creating another pkg and pushing it to the machine with th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Appliance on RHEL 6.5

Hey all, Was hoping for some help on this issue. Recently, we've been told that we have to move to RHEL instead of using the Ubuntu OVF. I have built out a RHEL box and uploaded my standard NBI that is on all my other NetSUS Appliances. I configured ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors