Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

10.11 update

I have been rolling 10.11 out since the end of November without any issues until a couple of weeks ago. I do the update by first catching the Install 10.11 app, and then using a policy to install the cached app. I have a smart group to limit the cach...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

APNS - Invalid Certificate Signing Request

Since this morning I am trying to get APNS to work for a customer. After downloading the signed CSR from JAMF. The apple certificate portal always gives the Invalid Certificate Signing Request error.The Certificate Signing Request you entered appears...  View more

c043e44fdf9745069f7eb099b306464c
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

HAProxy Load Balancer help

Anyone out there familiar with using HA Proxy for a load balancer? We recently began using a load balancer with a public IP routing to our internal JSS servers with an internal IP. The problem we have is the internal IP is now showing for just about ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Viewing kernel panic logs remotely?

Hi Everyone, Just trying to get help on an issue. I have this case already open with apple engineering through our Apple Care Select agreement so waiting for them, but thought I would pick your brains a bit. We are getting random computers across our...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlan PROe Extension Attributes (again)

Mac OS 10.11CrashPlan 4.3.4JSS 9.82 CrashPlan - Last Backup Extension Attribute from template !/bin/sh CP_ServerAddress="crashplan.myserver.com"CP_ServerPort="4285"CP_AdminUsername="myadminusername"CP_AdminPassword="myadminpassword" if [ "$CP_ServerA...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Available Space Issue

Hey nation, We are rolling 9.2.1 hard in our county. Some students are having a problem where they can't utilize all the storage space they should have after the update. We are seeing this on 16 GB iPads right now. Even after all Apps are deleted, a ...  View more

aae3c7adeb0440bcb0e8d521b654f81c
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlanProe installation and self service plugin

has anyone installed CrashPlanPROe via Self Service ?did you read the 'administering crashplanPROe with the Casper Suite' technical paper Casper suite v9.0 or later 19 August 2014 to assist in your installation. if so, have you installed the Self Ser...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Capitan 10.11.3 Partially Enrolled During Imaging

All -Have begun testing with El Cap 10.11.3.Created my AutoDMG base with the latest version and imported it into the JSS. Began imaging process of a test device using just a few scripts (set preferred domains on Ethernet devices, set our proxy settin...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

enable port 22 on all Macs bound to domain?

Is this possible via Casper or script? Security has a tool that needs to access via Port 22 and are looking for ways to ensure this is enabled on all macs. currently a lot of these are in an unmanaged state or they are using air watch currently, whil...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to remove user

I am looking for a script that will remove a user (might be different every time so not specific). I can find scripts for removing an already known user but need on to remove a username that is not predefined. This will be the only user on the machin...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

office/Mircosoft Project

Hi, today I tried to import an mpp file and I got the following error:java.class.path: eclipsito.jar;.java.home: C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7java.ext.dirs: C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7libext;C:windowsSunJavalibextjava.io.tmpdir: C:Userspeter.danail...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Metro JAMF User Group March 2016 Meeting

After a holiday hiatus, I'd like to announce the Eleventh NYC Metro JAMF User Group meeting will be held on Thursday, March 3rd, 2016 4:30 to 6:30 PM. at Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, 6th Floor New York, NY, 10014. Continuing the fi...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging - Waiting for next drive

I am experimenting with Casper Imaging for the first time, using version 9.8. I built my configuration in JSS and it shows up nicely in CI (running on a MacBook Pro running 10.11.3). Everything is set up per the instructions in the admin guide (targe...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart group for MDM Locked computers

When an employee gets terminated, or equipment gets stolen, we send the command to lock computers via Casper. I'd like an easy way to dynamically track these, but don't see any relevant criteria to search for. I know that I can create an EA and manua...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook Auto Download Settings

We were recently asked to verify and configure Outlook’s automatic downloading of pictures from the Internet:Outlook 2011 / 2016 > Preferences > Reading > Security The initial plan was to use a Custom Configuration Profile for the “com.microsoft.Outl...  View more

2fc3bb57fdb24fc28bf7ac80851f6e8c b2b20f2148b24e4f8a28db7deaa292a0
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Alternative to McAfee ePO?

We currently use McAfee Endpoint Protection on our Macs and PCs. On the Macs we only use the Anti-Malware, Application Protection and Desktop Firewall modules. We really hate McAfee for many reasons so we're looking into replacing it with something e...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Troubleshooting "failed" configuration profiles

Unlike policies, it seems that Configuration Profiles don't roll a log back to the JSS for troubleshooting. Since the JSS can detect a failure, it must have some kind of indicator on that. How does one troubleshoot a failure with this module?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renewing VPP token error

Hello, I have downloaded a new VPP token from Apple and wish to renew this in Casper JSS 9.4When I browse to the location, Settings > Global Management > VPP Accounts, I then select the account name, click Edit and select Renew Service Token. I then ...  View more

09f4eee25e874134afdad182ab2ddd2e
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors