Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Sophos 9.2.8 to 9.4.x

I have a lot of users that have HomeBrew installed on their machines for Dev work. There is a known issue with Sophos that changes permissions on /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/share to root:wheel. Homebrew requires the folders to be owned by the main...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wildcards in IP Address Smart Group Criteria?

Just by chance, I noticed when attempting to send a mass command to a number of our machines that several were not on the correct VLAN - they had 10.10.2X.XXX addresses instead of 10.10.6X.XXX. I've tried making a smart group which shows computers th...  View more

1d27302a8080475a88ec09c3ddecab88
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS 9.81 - Local Finder profile not working

I created a Finder configuration profile that has the Shut Down and Restart Finder option disabled (Under Apple Menu). Exported it and installed it on a 10.11.2 mac (the mac should not be enrolled.) Profile installs, and everything look normal. But t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DockUtil - Removing persistent apps?

I'm able to get a DockUtil script to add dock items as I like, but it seems to be adding the default items as well. Is there a way to also have the script remove these I guess "persistent items'? This is the error I'm getting when I try to remove Lau...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Install in AWS

Hi there, We recently received the go ahead to migrate our JSS into an AWS instance. Our current onsite JSS is running on Windows Server 2012 and we have replicated this in the AWS instance. When I go to install the JSS, it wants to install itself on...  View more

b905e1422ef54183a21660fe7870ae2b
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AirMedia Installation

Hey there, all! I'm trying to install AirMedia to client machines in my organization via a push policy and also extend availability in Self Service. The problem that I am running into is that at the end of the AirMedia installation wizard, a window t...  View more

83c4b927d7db49af86333fd07075e15f 32b2f0e3c6d24e1ebdc34079a300da90
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log out other users when a new one logs in

Morning all, hope everyone had a great holiday. In my school, we have lab and cart machines -- no one to one transition yet -- and initially, we were having the problem of students not logging out (User A) and forcing the next user (User B) to hard p...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic removal of VPP OSX app

JSS 9.82 and OSX 10.11 now allows us to deploy VPP apps straight to a Mac with no messy AppStore logins or user intervention. THANK YOU JAMF Now, is it possible to then remove the app automatically? I successfully got Text Wrangler to install silentl...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Digital Guardian

We've been using Digital Guardian on windows for years. We've been trying to use it on Macs now for about 2+ years. I've seen a few people posting version changes (ex: @jreinstedler). Is anyone else out there using it? If so, does anyone have issues?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Setup Checklist

Hi All, In the interest of getting better about documentation, I'm trying to put together a checklist for new instances JSS that need to be stood up (or existing ones that need to be documented) and I'm trying to compile a good list of things to incl...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

weblogin to netboot/sus appliance doesn't work anymore

hi, we use the netboot/sus appliance (version 3) under ubuntu 12/vmware esx. since last week we can't login anymore to the webinterface. webadmin/webadmin should work and also the AD-credentials of all persons in our it-department, but nothing works ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Persistant FileVault 2 Re-Encryption Prompts

Has anyone had issues with FileVault 2 automatically reenabling itself? Several months ago I set up a Self Service policy to encrypt boot drives with an Institutional + Individual key. After some successful testing I scoped it to 3 of my own Macs and...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Offline Imaging

Hi, I have created a offline imaging drive but would like to add some package to in but the site is in a remote locate so its in Casper Admin but not on my drive. Can I just put the same package on my drive in the packages folder or do I need to do a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Happy New Year!

Wishing all of you a happy and prosperous 2016! As a newly-minted Casper Admin and first-time JNUC attendee this year, it makes me happy to know that JAMF is as passionate about Apple products as we are. I'm anxious and excited about the impending re...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Understanding 802.1x Configuration Profiles

Hi everyone and happy new year. I need to discuss how to make use of 802.1x Configuration Profiles. Something is not clicking with me. We have Cisco ISE as a RADIUS server and the network devices (Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers) make calls to it for ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Utilites to NetBoot Sets?

Is anyone out there running utilites or 3rd-party tools from their AutoCasper .nbi images? My Desktop guys are interested in bundling Disk Utilty.app, Terminal.app, TechTool Pro, DiskWarrior, etc. Just curious if it works well, or if you have seen is...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Searching the JSS for specified users

So the task that's been laid out before me is straight forward but not really simple: take a list of up to 400 user names, search the JSS for computers those users have logged into and produce a legible list of those computers. I've started working i...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with Custom QuickAdd

Hello, I have been working on customizing the quickadd.pkg because our JSS is cloud hosted, our AD in on prem and we are not allowed to bind them because the methods used are not deemed secure enough for our security team. I have read Getting the Mos...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Asset tag importer released

Hi Everyone, In my session I talked about the ability to import asset tags with a Python script. I just released a working version of the JSS Asset Tag Importer to GitHub. Check it out! https://github.com/bradschm/jss-assettag-importer Cheers! -Brad  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

JSS Rest API with jQuery

I'm trying to hit the rest API from a website using jQuery. Since I ran into a cross site scripting issue, I'm using jsonp as the datatype. Although I'm seeing a 200 status getting returned, there seems to be an issue with reading the data. I tried c...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scope Policy by Local User Account

Is there a way to scope a policy by a local user account?I wanted to make a Policy to remove certain dock items from the local student account at each login but it does not seem to allow me to specify the local student account only.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help creating Search Domains to Append Policy

We have a few hundred Macs spread out over our offices around the country/world and sometimes the search domains get edited and important information is deleted. I'd like to set up an ongoing policy so that 3 search domains are added back to each ada...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL PID not found, mysql no command found

Hi I am installing the latest JSS on a new OS X 10.10.5 with server 5 and when I install MySQL 5.7 I try to follow the installation Guide for JSS and I get and error when I run "mysql" that no command is found. Added to that typing a different comman...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors