Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Help packaging Security & Privacy

Hey everyone. In the past I have baked all my settings into the base, but wanted to try my hand at a clean base OS via AutoDMG and customizing it after the fact. I'm having trouble with settings I normally set in System Preferences > Security & Priva...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco VPN AnyConnect client packaging issues

I am trying to package the latest version of Cisco AnyConnect 4.2.01035 but ran into a reboot required issue. Basically once created in Composer, the client opens up to an error "The VPN Service is not available. Exiting". A reboot fixes this but mak...  View more

3e069a723ad449379ea050ae3101cdb2
  • 24 replies
  • 1 kudos

Running application on user login just once

Hey everyone - First time poster here! I have an application that I need to run after it installs. After scouring the forums for how to get this done, it looks like the best way is to have it run on login using a LaunchAgent. I've set that up with a ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Pop-Up Extension Attribute Value via API

Hey All! I'm fairly comfortable with Casper's API manipulation but I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out this issue (maybe it's post vacation brain?). I have an extension attribute that's of type Pop-Up Menu. I've already populated the val...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash Player 20.0.0.267 removes analytics

This is good news: the Flash Player 20.0.0.267 installer (at least, the "enterprise" package version) attempts to remove the possibly-accidentally-included FPFeedbackService analytics service which was installed as a part of the 20.0.0.235 package. F...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS SMB share

Hi all, Due some unwanted behavior from AFP we decided to switch to SMB.Now i have successfully configured a SMB share with the packages and mounting from the clients works as expected. However when i want to netboot a new machine it reboots immediat...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading Casper Admin

In my work environment we currently are running JSS version 9.81 and my Casper Admin application that I have is version 9.73. How do I upgrade my Casper Admin to match JSS? Whenever I try to open Casper Admin it gives me a Version Mismatch error. Tha...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NO VPP under Global Management

I found the Knowledge base case to migrate users, resolved the conflicts. I have the migrate users tab. Once I click migrate users, The page blinks, At the top it says that i have 576 users to migrate but I do not see any confirmation or VPP tab unde...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing a new JDS and JSS cannot find the JSS URL

So I am installing a JDS and JSS for the first time in a test environment before production deployment and I hit a snag in the installation. I downloaded the JDS installer.pkg and in the JDS enrollment it asks for a JDS hostname JSS URL, JSS username...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reflector 2 Broadcast name not appearing

How would i go about the below automator command into a bash script. As I packaged the software with composer correctly and remove the hostname from the Plist of the system I used to build the package, but I wanted for the package to fill in the user...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot get Dock items to work

I want to include dock items along with the apps that I am distributing via Self Service. I add the Dock item using Casper Admin, and it is then visible when I create the policy in my JSS. I'm adding the application package and the dock item to the p...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

chmod -R on already-created DMG packages ?

It's possible that I may have created a bunch of install packages (with Composer) that set bad permissions recursively on /Applications. When I re-image a Mac running 10.10, I get lots of "Unapproved caller" errors, requiring multiple safe-mode reboo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

(iOS) Organizing Self-Service Store

Hello! I work for a school district with about 2500 iPad clients in our JSS. Currently, we let clients pull apps down from self service. All of the apps are nested under one category called "All apps". I want to start breaking down the apps into "Cat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Local Admin User in JSS v9.81

Greetings all! I am running JSS v9.81 in my environment with all client machines running v9.81 as well. I have about 20 machines that are in need of having a generic, local admin user created on them. For ease of discussion, let's call this user "tes...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS & Centrify to manage Macs

Centrify was purchased before I got here with the intent of having all the Macs using it to join Active Directory and receive some management in addition to all that Casper provides. It was never deployed and I've been nudged into moving forward with...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store Updates - Start, then stop?

I may be way out of line here and if so I apologize. I am posting this question here because this group might be the only one savvy enough to figure this out. I installed El Capitan on 11.28.15. Everything seemed to be ok except updates from the App ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain First Aid Removed

Stumbled into this just now. Apparently Apple has removed Keychain First Aid from Keychain Access inEl Capitan 10.11.2 Keychain AccessAvailable for: OS X El Capitan v10.11 and v10.11.1Impact: A malicious application may be able to masquerade as the K...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

sites and global policies

We just started testing sites out to allow a few teachers limited management functions for iPads in their buildings. Policies and apps are still controlled at the district (global) level though. I don't think there's a way to do this, but I'd really ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL to See Count of Policy Logs?

Since we can't flush policy logs granularly (set a separate flush schedule for each policy), is there a SQL command that will print out a list of policies and the number of log files that policy has? I have named each of the policies that I know gene...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors