Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

JSS & Centrify to manage Macs

Centrify was purchased before I got here with the intent of having all the Macs using it to join Active Directory and receive some management in addition to all that Casper provides. It was never deployed and I've been nudged into moving forward with...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store Updates - Start, then stop?

I may be way out of line here and if so I apologize. I am posting this question here because this group might be the only one savvy enough to figure this out. I installed El Capitan on 11.28.15. Everything seemed to be ok except updates from the App ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain First Aid Removed

Stumbled into this just now. Apparently Apple has removed Keychain First Aid from Keychain Access inEl Capitan 10.11.2 Keychain AccessAvailable for: OS X El Capitan v10.11 and v10.11.1Impact: A malicious application may be able to masquerade as the K...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

sites and global policies

We just started testing sites out to allow a few teachers limited management functions for iPads in their buildings. Policies and apps are still controlled at the district (global) level though. I don't think there's a way to do this, but I'd really ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL to See Count of Policy Logs?

Since we can't flush policy logs granularly (set a separate flush schedule for each policy), is there a SQL command that will print out a list of policies and the number of log files that policy has? I have named each of the policies that I know gene...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Capitan Dock customization issue

Hi guys, Having a silly problem when customizing the dock for users. Problem: I get two download folders on the dock after imaging. One is the proper downloads folder where it fans out, the other is a question mark "?". Are you guys running into this...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Capitan Dock customization issue

Hi guys, Having a silly problem when customizing the dock for users. Problem: I get two download folders on the dock after imaging. One is the proper downloads folder where it fans out, the other is a question mark "?". Are you guys running into this...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault and 802.1x Profiles

Is anyone using File Vault and also Radius / 802.1x profiles? I am seeing weird things with trying to do the "Use as Login Window Configuration" File Vault bypasses this and it wont show up unless you login as the File Vault user then logout. In a pe...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

El Capitan dock customization issue

Hi guys, Having a silly issue while imaging. Issue: The dock will have 2 downloads folders. One of them is the correct one where it fans out, the other doesn't show as having an icon, displays a "?", and does not fan out. I'm editing the plist locate...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

no printers installed but list PPD

there are no printers installed but the Inventory for the computer says 1 printer, and in the printer area that list the printer it just says PPD I have to reset the printing system on the computer and have inventory run in order for it to display th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Adobe Flash Player.dmg

I am brand new to JAMF, and need a little help understanding some things. I created a policy to install Adobe Flash Player on my test OS X machine. I created the dmg using Composer and uploaded to JSS using Admin. I scoped the policy out, and set the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Announcing: Rhode Island JAMG User Group

Yep, it's true. I spelt JAMF with a G in this post! The Providence Apple Admins meetup group is holding it's first meetup on Thursday, January 21st. Meet fellow Apple Admins, learn about the Meetup's plans, discover speaking opportunities and network...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft InTune vs. JSS Casper Suite

Was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of using Microsoft InTune as an MDM solution for iOS devices? Recently it has come up that our school district may be entitled to this product through some other license deal we have in place already with Mic...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

[10.11] Auto-logout does not auto-logout

I've been trying to get auto-logout to work on 10.11 machines. Officially, this should be really easy as it can be set locally and through a configuration profile. Neither of those work. Does anyone have a graceful way to force the logout since the o...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.82 Payloads?

Does 9.82 include the camera disable option in the Restrictions payload for OS X? The release notes and features added don't have the work "camera" in them so I assume not, however if someone has installed and could check I'd greatly appreciate it.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad wireless settings dissapear

disappear* (Since I can't seem to spell today nor can I figure out how to change the thread title.) We are having an issue where iPads that have the configuration profile for our wireless network. They will apply the profile, connect to the wireless,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy doesn't do anything in Self Service

I have a policy to install a package in Self Service.When I click on it, Self Service says "Gathering Information" and almost immediately goes to "Completed". No errors.No logs are returned whatsoever to JSS.It's still in scope, even though it;s "Run...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Finder service that expands flat packages

I do a lot of package building and tear-down, and realized this morning that I was tired of manually expanding flat packages and then uncompressing their payloads to figure out what's going on. To that end I created a Finder service in Automator to d...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Boot Never Reaches Spinning Gear

This is more of an "is anyone else having this issue" post.I have a solution, yet I'm unsure why it's happening or if the fix is legit and would like some input.Basically over time a few of our Macs - either MacBook Pro's or Minis running 10.9.5 or 1...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS 4.0 error

Happy Holidays Everyone! I am setting up the netsus 4.0 and I am getting the following error: The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be "my server" which could put your confidential infor...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Have Time Machine backup just user folder

Anyone already doing this? We are experimenting with a time machine backup qnap. I'm trying to work out how to tell time machine on each computer to only backup its user folder. Didn't want to re invent the wheel. Any ideas? Gabe ShackneyPrinceton Pu...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors