Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Update inhouse app ios best practice.

we were wondering what the best way is to update a inhouse app for ios.In the App settings do you replace the information to the new app?? or must you make a new App payload and setup the new one.The App is automatically installed. Our must i push th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Diagnostics and "Setting up mac" for first user

On imaging my test machine, I receive ONLY the "Send diagnostics" box and then the "Setting up your Mac" box when logging in for the first time. However, Casper already sets this as part of imaging deployment script (see, at least, the diagnostic bit...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

"OS X wants to make changes" prompt

We have about 20 Bound to an AD environment using Absolute Manage (I know.....trying to get approval for Casper Suite) for administration. We have a few of the Macs that give the "OS X wants to make changes" prompt, and requires Admin credentials. It...  View more

bf8e23e3093644079279c7d80b2eeb68
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

migrate JSS address from old domain to new domain

So when we setup our original Casper installation, due to our lack of wisdom and experience of ios management, we named the server a little oddly...now that we have been using Casper for some time we realise the benefit of having a more meaningful na...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unexpected behavior during sleep

Hello, I've inherited an environment, and am seeing an unusual issue with machines that are asleep. Basically, when some machines are asleep, they trigger a restart. If the user has documents or applications open that throw warning messages (do you w...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service not completely working

Hi all, I've opened a ticket with support about this, but I'd like to know if other people are having the same issue. Note that in our environment, we're using a cloud-hosted JSS. What Happens:Either of two things:a.) When using the enrollment URL, t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory Password Expiration Login Prompt

What's up Group! We've searched for this high and low and we've read multiple topics on AD here at JAMF. We were was wondering if anyone knows how to disable/kill the AD password expiration prompt our users get when they log into their machines? We'd...  View more

30eec1397fc54e1b87f845721d2b398f
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Local hidden admin account via policy

This feels like i'm missing something simple but I can't put my finger on it. I'm trying to create a local hidden admin account via a policy. The directory we will say is /private/var/USERNAME. With that said, it's not creating the account it's retur...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Slack discussions

I've been trying to use Slack to supplement the JAMFNation discussions but I just don't get it. It's a flowing stream of consciousness in chatrooms. In order to "get" the discussion, you have to digest the entire conversation starting with the beginn...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrictions Removal Tool

Some background ... We use a variety of configuration profiles for managing our student iOS devices and when it comes to troubleshooting devices with students, at times we remove restrictions temporarily to gain access to other parts of iOS. While it...  View more

f78cbac8ffd243799261b25daffea5aa
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Citrix Receiver 12.1.0 and Composer

All, Trying to create a package for the new Citrix Receiver. Ran it through the normal snapshot Composer setup and get the attached. Citrix Receiver App in Applications folder has a line thru it. Any ideas why? App shows fine in the Applications fold...  View more

3ca00ea540e942468b76fc34fa442ded
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers becoming unmanaged

Hey there, So it looks like most of the machines on our network have become unmanaged, or are running old binaries when looking them up in the jamf console. Is there any way to create a policy that will auto-enroll all machines? I can go the quickadd...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus: Failure Open Selected Website

Classroom iPads enrolled over DEPFocus for Apps and Websites set in JSS (websites set per teacher of course) Teacher requested a focus be created for membean - we added the url to the teachers 'websites' but when focus is requested for the class we g...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error Running Recon

I have one computer that errors out every time it runs a recon with the following message: There was an error. Invalid Message - The message could not be parsed. I've re-enrolled the computer and still get the same thing. Anyone see this before?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Owner and Permisions

Hey All. On the JDS Servers in "CasperShare" folder our packages have different owner:groups permissions. There are packages mit owner _www:wheel and also with root:wheel. Is this okay. Should i change it? Thank you...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SUS update packages

we've been using software update server for a long time. but sometime we want to check what does the new released update improve or what it changed by the update, there is always not enough information about it. even i can't find them on apple.com Th...  View more

0f05ad64b0a24f1bbde0172d14e3e560
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Office Updates

I am trying to build a policy that installs Microsoft Office 2016, then have it install the latest Microsoft Office 2016 update immediately following. I have tried adding "sudo jamf policy -id 123" as a script with the "after" trigger and that didn't...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dallas Area User Group - Thursday Dec 10, 2015

A quick reminder that we will be having our next user group meeting in Dallas next Thursday night. We have presentations from Code42 and JAMF lined up, along with free pizza and beverages. You can find more info and register here: Dallas User Group  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe is finally facing the truth

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/1/9827778/stop-using-flash Maybe in a year or two's time we won't have to worry about keeping "Player" up to date anymore to keep our systems safe from hacks. That will be a good day.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 9.81 and an AAMEE Package

Since upgrading to 9.81 Casper Imaging will not run if we have our Adobe CC Package in the build train. The Defect is D-009846. It is not publicly documented anywhere. If you are using Casper Imaging 9.81 and get stuck at either the Temporary Adobe A...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors