Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

NetSUS trick to share

So I've been working on getting three NetSUS up and running and playing around with configurations and best setups. My goal is to get just the updates for Yosemite and also be able to use the Software Update Server portion in Computer Management sett...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting on Self Service

I'm getting requests from my senior management to report on the follow from Self Service How many software installs at month end? Top 10 installs How many installs for the month were successful & How many failed? Historical - how many installs since ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage - Authentication options?

Ideally we want our technicians to authenticate before prestage imaging kicks in, but this doesn't seem possible; when a Mac is netbooted (and not already in the DB), Casper Imaging starts without authentication and counts down for Prestage. We want ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machine Decommissioning - Best Practice

Hi, We've not long been using Casper but currently have it quite successfully managing our Student facing machines. Some of these are now over 3 years old and will soon be replaced as part of our rolling upgrade program.Does anyone have any tips or b...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Log out after 30 min of inactivity

Hi Ive noticed that some of our machines start this new behavior that they logout after 30 min of inactivity and it sets itself automatically in security and privacy setting. I did not set this up and I can not find anything in the policies or in con...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

Set time restrictions for Casper Focus App Lock

We are running an iPad 1:1 BYOD program, using JSS and Casper Focus. We're dealing with an issue where Students are being focused before or after school hours, and on the weekends. I understand that setting "Meeting Times" under Classes in JSS restri...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automating OS upgrades

@rtrouton has a great post on Self-Service OS upgrades, and in fact we have a very similar workflow. Unfortunately though, it can't be fully automated with FileVault. Specifically we have trouble as described by the Note on installing OS X on FileVau...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

undoing a SUS assignment

I have assigned an in house SUS to my users but now I want to change to a caching server. Apple says I can't have end users utilize a coaching server if they are pointed at a SUS. How do I undo that assignment?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

I installed Office2016 by accident

I am still testing Office2016 and plan on deploying in December. I have the app packaged and sitting in Self Service. I wanted the application to be available in Self Service but it installed...to all of the computers including the labs. What am I mi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Maps and Calendar Location not working

Hi Guys, Been kind of confused as to why Maps and Calendar location would stop working the minute we install Casper quickadd to our laptops. Without Casper, Maps and Calendar works perfectly, but with it it just draws a blank page when Maps are opene...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS- Can't load data from the Software Update Server

So its been recommended that I try using NetSUS.I'v installed it on our CentOS server and seems to be functioning from the back-end.I'm getting all the updates synced and can create branches.However when I set a client to the NetSUS server, I get "An...  View more

0749814408b8459190ee968ca46be493
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Endpoint Protection, What are you using? and why?

Hi Folks, As the subject suggests, I am trying to get a feel for what people are using for Anti-virus/spyware/malware etc solutions and what made you choose it/them. For many years now we have been using Symantec Endpoint Protection and so far it has...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 0 kudos

Searching for all installed Adobe products

I need to create a search that returns all installed Adobe products and their versions, to export to a .csv. JSS is 9.2.1. I've had a play with the inventory and licensing searches, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this other than speci...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ignore First Three Parameters in Bash Script

I am trying to run the bash script below to uninstall virtualbox on some of our clients. I have parameter 4 as being --unattended but when the script runs it generates an error for the unknown arguments: / http://www.virtualbox.org/svn/vbox/trunk/s...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

_mbsetupuser folder in the Users folder

We have created a El Capitan upgrade self service. In the self service we have the restart option of "Perform authenticated restart on computers with FileVault 2 enabled" turned on. The machine will restart and preform the upgrade. After the upgrade ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon 9.81 Issues

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else has seen the below issues? Upgrade to 9.81 caused all 10.9 machines to open up the force quit window displaying that apps were being paused. On closer inspection when the agent was running it seems to be openin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating an external Boot Camp drive?

I would like to be able to create a way for a couple of my users to have Boot Camp (with Win7) available without using the drive in their MacBooks. There is just one program that they need occasional access to. We have tried a normal Boot Camp setup,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors