Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

creating 10.11 image

I realize El Capitan is a game changer, but how does this affect creating new images? I just got a brand new MBP with 10.11 pre-installed on it. First I tried to capture a virgin image of it by booting up from an external drive running 10.10.5 and Ca...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling DS_Store System Wide

We have a handful of edit stations, we tend to run into permissions error as an editor will drag an entire folder from their desktop to an smb / omfs share. I'd like to disable DS_Store on a scope of stations. I was experimenting with the "Custom Set...  View more

f83075919b8f4b83939acca34afad888
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Input Names and Departments during Enrollment?

So I'm trying to find a way to get users to put in their information (Name, Department, Title) during enrollment so that the machine becomes associated to them. We don't run ldap here so I'll be providing either an email invitation or directing them ...  View more

94ab0ef6620b4307b903759430f154a9
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Port 999 Garcon?

I'm in the process of harding our JSS and found an oddity when running a port scan. Open TCP Port: 999 garcon lsof -i :999 shows COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAMErpc.rquot 580 root 6u IPv4 0xe5770fc9e1920153 0t0 TCP *:garcon (LISTEN)...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

User and Location History flush/maintenance?

Having some trouble confirming whether this is possible or not: Is there a way (maybe by flushing a particular log in the Log Flushing section on the JSS) to periodically purge the records in this section for computer objects on the JSS? It seems to ...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

In Place Upgrade Issue

Hey everyone, At my organisation we are currently offering in place upgrades to Yosemite / El Capitan. This works perfectly however I have noticed a side effect to the upgrade process. As part of the process it looks like the default user template is...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run Full Finder in Casper Imaging

I am trying to find a way to run Full Finder in Casper Imaging. I built a 10.11.1 NBI using AutoCasperNBI 1.3.0 (2) and Casper Imaging 9.81 and have Simple Finder enabled. When I boot to Casper Imaging I used to be able to Run Full Finder from the Si...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote wipe?

How do I remote wipe a Macbook in JSS? I thought there was an item in Management but its not there...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x, AD certs, & iPads

I'm in the very very very early stages of exploring the use of iPads here. All company-owned computers get on our WiFi via 802.1x using AD-issued computer certificates when they join Active Directory (via ethernet). How would we do this with iPads an...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove Keynote 6.6.1 and Install Keynote 6.5.3

So, My own mistake for using the "All Computers" range without testing properly, but basically I pushed out Keynote 6.6.1, went out to everyone and installed just fine! Now find out we have some 30 10.9 machines and 6.6.1 doesn't work on 10.9!!! What...  View more

ec5f14fd96044734af5f516d1e4fdf94
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Block constant pop up message coming up on screen

The image attached shows the pop up window that keeps coming up randomly on the screen. I know the reason why is popping up as explained here:http://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=15527 (We have a computer lab with iMacs and I have di...  View more

aa7a67517c624199bdd271b451b62107
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulling features from self service to a web portal

Hey All; Relative Casper newb here, I have a request to pull the content (links to install software, run user activated scripts, etc.) from Casper's Self Service app to an intranet site hosted in a google site. The idea is to minimize the number of p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPads in shared cart: Wipe Data

I am implementing a few carts of iPads that will be shared across classrooms through the day. At each change, there will be student data that needs to be cleared off. I will have JSS, Apple Caching Server, Configurator 2, DEP, VPP. The article:#K12 D...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

List of backwards-compatible apps?

I swear in the past when a new version of the JSS was released, the release notes listed which versions of the Suite could be used with the updated JSS. That is, you could still use Recon 9.52 with a 9.73 JSS, etc. I can't find such a list for 9.81. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Device App Assignment Issue

I'm trying to assign a paid app to two iPads (one is an iPad 2 and the other one is an iPad Air 2). The app successfully installed on the iPad 2 but I'm having an issue installing the app on the newer device. I first tried to send a blank push and up...  View more

309386132afb4e328d23826f2648e653
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Emails from JAMFNation

I subscribe to get all emails from JAMF Nation. I'm noticing this week there have been quite a few posts that I have not gotten emails on. My profile settings haven't changed and look right. Is anyone else experiencing this?  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configurator Disable Find My iPad

we have ipads managed by Apple Configurator 1.7 that users can check out for a period of time. We would like to allow users to:login to iCloud BUTdisable users ability to activate Find My iPad  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Client Web Enrollment

after a user has surfed to http://myjss.host.com:8443/enroll and started the enrollment process (i.e.; downloads and launches the QuickAdd .pkg installer), does the client's browser need to stay running to complete the enrollment process properly? Th...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT - PF rule exception

Hi All - I have a the following pf.conf set skip on lo block in allblock out all Which blocks everything based on a specific scenario. I would like to add an exception rule that will allow a specific app access to an external url on port 80/443 ? Not...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain & Certificate lockdown

Hi we are implementing our Casper solution at the moment, and our Security group has found an issue that they need us to resolve before going live. When the macs join our network they are receiving our main domain certificates which in turn allow use...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS 9.81 Linux Installation problem

Hi all, we are currently testing Casper to manage the Macs in our organization.This is quite new for us as we mainly are a PC company (22K desktops).We had no problem deploying/configuring the JSS but installing the JDS on a linux server (tried Redha...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

smb mount issues

We have JSS 9.81 running on windows 2012 R2. The problem we have is I'm able to deploy policies and mount the distribution server(windows 2012 R2) when running as the local admin on the mac machines. However when the machine is AD bound and I login w...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replicating to USB for offline imaging slow

Hi all - Just wondering if anyone else is struggling with replication speeds from Casper Admin? I just spent a few hours setting up a workstation near the MDM server so I could replicate directly from the primary distribution point to a USB without h...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

deploying 10.10.5 Combo update via JSS

JSS: 9.8.1Casper Admin: 9.8.1Deploying: 10.10.5 combo update via JSS to 10.10.2 Problem: For security, my company needs everyone to be on 10.10.5 for the safari vulnerability patch.El capitan doesnt work with trend for us yet so that isnt an option. ...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 10 automated deployment

Just a quick whip around the table, anyone managed to get Windows 10 to deploy automagically? What process are you using?I am trying to get it working using some method involving SCCM but was interested in what other people did, especially on 10.11 m...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors