Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Diagnosing Disabled Accounts

We've been in the middle of a slow roll out of Casper-ized macs in an enterprise environment. We've run into a few roadblocks, most of which have been overcome. One ongoing struggle is determining why accounts occasionally become disabled. It would g...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Pro - Don't Boot After Flat Battery

Don't suppose any of you guys have had this issue - we get it quite a lot! When a Pro has been totally drained, and I mean totally we stick it on charge and turn it on - the indicator comes on the front but nothing on the screen? All we can do is ope...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Hardware Support

Hello, I work for a small enterprise company (4500 employees) and we are beginning to roll out Macs to some of our end user base. The 4500 employees are spread out world wide with most sites having about sixty to one hundred and twenty people per sit...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy failed to Run

Hi guys , When i try to install a Policy i get this message . The logs does not show anything wrong . The problem is that the app works pretty fine . This problem occurs only when the PC is a migrated one . Do you have any idea what is wrong ?  View more

46f3ed8626d04bfa9d21772636b9ef35
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus doesn't work in my school

Hi,my school started with it's first 1:1 iPad classroom. Additionally to that we have 30 iPads mainly for testing and teacher training.Our Wifi is provided by a company which supports all schools in our region. Our Problem: Casper Focus does not work...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue Uploading DEP Server Token

Trying to upload the server token and it gets to 85% then displays "Problem Contacting Apple Services"I read that restarting the server may fix it, but still have had no luck.If anybody knows the solution to this that would be fantastic Thank you,  View more

c44db1d1378c4f55a3197bc454e45dc4 e335789d864147a39890544383934acc
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imagine Learning App - Script

Hello Team Members,Anyone have a the script to configure Imagine Learning iOS App so it can connect to the IP Address than manually entering it in on 600 iPads. Once the IP is entered the app will always open to the Login 10.2.10.125 does not seem to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WinClone "Make EFI Bootable"

Hey everyone (or even the WinClone folks).We have a few machines that when you boot into WinPE the EFI partition is not visible either when you try and mount it with mountvol S: /S or when you look for it with diskpart.I noticed however that when you...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoCasperNBI v1.3 "Error: Generating Kernel cache"

@bentoms and other AutoCasperNBI users... I am having trouble figuring out how to solve this. Issue is when when applying a 10.11.1 image (15B42 created with autoDMG..no addl pkgs) and utilizing v1.3.0 of AutoCasperNBI. The process seems to kick off ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Display computer name in menu bar?

Anyone know of a way to show the Computer Name from Sys Prefs > Sharing in the menu bar? We have a lot of edit suites and this would be handy when assisting users.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

tweaking part of a script

I have in my first boot script a section that looks at the machine and determines if it's a laptop or desktop. if it's a laptop, it runs a trigger to install the VPN. I was just provided another version of the VPN, but it's for a specific region. I w...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Build Issues After Printer Change for Base Image

In our setup, we have a base configuration, and then Smart Configs after. The base build contains the Yosemite 10.10.5 OS and the applications needed by everyone, the smart configs handle the domain bind and a few site specific applications. The base...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Categories Best Practices

Thinking of revamping my current Categories in the JSS. Grouping my policies and packages is becoming tougher. Can someone share some best practices and or what works well for you?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

User account status

Is there a way, in JSS, to get a list of how many local user accounts there are for a computer. I know that this is collected in inventory. I can look at each computer separately, but would like a summary list of all student computers. FY!, our stude...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Frustrating VPP assignments

Anyone know if there is a specific reason why you can't target certain fields on a Smart User group? For example - Room and/or other Smart Device groups? Or a work around? I have elementary iPads tagged to a room, and setup in a smart group. But now ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost Server

Hey I've recently come into a school running Casper with very little experience with it.I have full access to the JSS web client, but I am unable to find what server Casper is installed on. Is there any way of seeing where it's installed from within ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

manually running periodic policies

Is there a way to manually trigger policies set to run at a specific execution frequency? Something like jamf policy -event monthly Why would I want to do this? I have spare Macs on a shelf that I plug in and power up from time to time to make sure t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors