Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.38.3 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation,Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.38.3. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, please read the Jamf Pro 10.38.3 release notes here. Cloud Upgrade ScheduleYour Jamf Pro server, including any free sandb...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Beta 2 Is Now Availlable!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.39.0 Beta 2! This release has many exciting UI improvements including an updated user interface in User Initiated Enrollment and Patch Management. App Installers now has an indicator to show if apps are...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Brisbane Casper and Apple admins... a meet or group?

Hi all JNers! I am not sure how many of you are based in sunny Brisvegas. I know there are installs at the major Unis, and a couple of head offices here. It would be great to form some sort of local brainshare. I am bouncing the idea around with a co...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Home Folder Yosemite

Hi All, The network home folder shows as a questions mark on the dock on my Yosemite clients.I tried re-doing my config profiles as I upgraded my JSS to 9.6 to no avail. I also tried excluding Yosemite clients from the config profile but with the sam...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mail & Calendar Configuration Profiles

It seems somewhere along the way Mail & Calendar fields were removed from the JSS Configuration Profiles area (for Computers). I'm using 9.6. I'm looking through release notes and the Admin Guide and searching the site, but I'm not finding how to dep...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suggestion for documentation

I would just like to make a small suggestion. In the documentation walking you through the installation and configuration of the server. Please change where it references Java 1.6 or 1.7 to Java JDK 1.6 or 1.7. It may seem like a small change but I w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iBeacon Tag

Hey all, Thanks to Twocanoes for holding this session - and for the sweet T-Shirt! I've added an iBeacon tag for use on JAMF Nation. We look forward to hearing more about how you utilizes iBeacons in your environment. Thanks!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Casper Suite with other tools

I hope this is OK for discussion. I wanted to know who uses other tools in conjunction with the Casper Suite. And if you do, why are you using that other tool rather than the built-in Casper feature/tool? Hope some are willing to share their experien...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS less stable after 8.73->9.52 upgrade

Has anyone had stability issues with their JSS after upgrading to the 9-series? We're running our JSS on Windows 2008 and have seen the Tomcat 7 service go down *daily* ever since the upgrade. We're still troubleshooting with JAMF support but I was c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD binding in terminal

So, working on ad binding in terminal on 10.9.2, though I am not sure flavor would matter that much. Right now I have dsconfigad -add -username "username" -p "password" Now, I am trying to use an admin password my whole group uses, but it does not wo...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus

I can't make the session tomorrow afternoon...wondering if there is anyone that uses it and would be willing to exchange contact information to talk later?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limiting URLs

I am relatively new to JAMF, so please pardon the ignarance. We have been trying to set up what we call a "whitelist". This is a list of about 15-20 websites that we can explicitly allow for students who are on disciplinary action. I have found the p...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filtering Student Hot Spots

Has anyone found a good solution to students who enable their phone's mobile wifi hot spot and switch their iPad over to it thereby bypassing the school's web filter while at school?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Connection Issues

Anyone having issues communicating with DEP in JSS recently? Getting errors in contacting https://mdmenrollment.apple.com when trying to make adjustments in PreStage. We had some trouble with our Computer PreStage, and its now gone to mobile devices.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite Installer Corrupted?

Three managed machines so far have tried installing Yosemite through the App Store and are giving me the Apple message "This Copy of the Install OS X Yosemite application is damaged, and can't be used to install OS X. Tried deleting it and redownload...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC Unwrap the Imaging Enigma

Thanks to everyone that made it to the session today. I know some may have had trouble getting the QR code to work, so I wanted to post the link to the slides here. https://github.com/stevewood-tx/JNUC2014 Also, if you need to reach me, I can be reac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Target Mode Imaging - Best Practice

This came up at JNUC lunch today. During my JumpStart session we did a target mode imaging that took 5 minutes start to stop including login to the account. When I do the TMI it takes 20-25 minutes. Wonder what I was doing differently from when I was...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

International School IT Admins?

Hello, I'm a Network Engineer with the American School of Dubai. I'm curious if there any other International School IT Admins, here at JNUC!??? I'm hoping to meet fellow International School IT Admins!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Admins not in the education sector?

This is my first JNUC, and it's a fantastic conference thus far. Everyone is friendly and knowledgable, though for the majority of sessions, and interactions I feel like the only person here who isn't working in Education (I know this is not the case...  View more

• 45 replies
  • 0 kudos

70 and counting

Hi All, It looks like this mini-session is not so "mini" anymore with 70 signed up so far...awesome! With a group this large I'm thinking we'll need to use the couches as well as the round tables on the 5th floor creating several small group discussi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

k-12 Jamf Administrator Career Opportunity

Lakeland Catholic Schools (LCSD150) in Bonnyville, Alberta, Canada is taking applications for Jamf Administrator positions. Currently the school district deploys and maintains 2000 OS X laptops, 500 iOS devices, 100 stationary OS X workstations and B...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Amanda's Resource

I believe the resource Amanda referred to can be found in this discussion: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=9428#responseChild64912  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Calling All Minnesota USERS!!

Hello everyone! I would like to start a Minnesota User group based around technology. This could be anything from JAMF, Apple to even what are you using for content filters. I want to start a communication group to be able to create an open environme...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.6 / SG not updating

I have a machine where I cached the pkg onto the box, which put it in the correct SG, but now that the pkg is installed, the machine didn't drop out of the SG, I checked the Waiting Room folder and it's empty, and the last check in was '1 minute ago'...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

recovery partition corruption

Okay I am using a monolithic build with casper to set up a fleet of identical machines. I am noticing with this 10.9.5 build that after I grab my image from the built drive not the whole disk and I apply that image to a new machine I get file vault i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS - K-12 Users?

Would love to talk with others that have 1:1 deployments in K-6 to find out how things are going and what processes you are using?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors