Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

SGN decryption

Hello All, I am working on a project in which I would like to automate the process of SGN decryption on a MAC via a script. Just wondering if anyone has already tackled this matter.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DockUtil doesn't work when run through LaunchAgent

My problem is very straight forward: I'm trying to run commands for every user that logs in through using a LaunchAgent that runs a bash script: #!/bin/bash #/usr/bin/testing.sh mkdir -p /Users/myname/Created /usr/local/bin/dockutil --add "/Users/myn...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

TeamViewer BETA 11.0.50678

New Version is available for testing: Improved performance – up to 15x faster Overhauled toolbar Unattended access for Android devices Give your customers an SOS button (QuickSupport) Gather customer feedback via Automatic Satisfaction Survey Linux w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Case-Sensitive Formatted Mac

We have one of our founders that has always managed his own machine but will so becoming under regular management like everyone else. He always sets his machines up with formatting the drive as Case-Sensitive. Does anyone know of anything with Casper...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to tell if Casper is installed.

The Environment:- Scanner running, large majority of machines from a pre-existing non casper environment already added to JSS.- Some computers may not be onsite for periods of time- Some computers that are onsite may not be turned on frequently enoug...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot NFS failure: NFS server refused mount

Hello all, I just updated to Casper suite 9.8.1 and after following the instructions whenever I try and Netboot from a computer I get this NFS failure. That the NFS server refused to mount, it Kernel panics then restarts. I checked the settings on Ma...  View more

e5b74c8643634c5cbd14e8c35af901df
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find Mac and Ipad

Hello I have one question please. We have 200 computers in our school and we want to know if it's possible with the solution Casper to setup the "Find my Mac" without an account icloud ?? thanks for your help  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Third Party Apps to Dock

I know there are several threads on this but is there a definitive answer? We used to use Workgroup Manager which was perfect for this but with Configuration Profiles it seems to be so difficult! I have been using the trick of editing ConfigurationPr...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office for Mac 2016 Volume Licensing Help

When in doubt, ask JAMF Nation.... Our business would like to move from Office 2011 to Office 2016, but prior to my regime, our company blindly paid for full 2011 retail licenses (probably b/c of the low number of users). They would now like to move ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy self service visibility frequency ??

I have some self service printer MAP policies, and matching 'UNMAP' policies all in Self Service. The MAP policies are setup for smart group of 10.9/10.10 computers The UNMAP policies are setup for smart group, computers with mapped printers associat...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade to El Cap via Self Service

I am testing User initiated upgrades via self service and have come across an oddity that i have never seen.. Normally when upgrading via self service, the user clicks to run a policy that installs based on the cached installer. This then restarts th...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Service Toolkit (AST) on NetSUS

Does anyone know if it's possible to run Apple Service Toolkit (AST) or the newer AST2 off of the NetSUS appliance? These diagnostics are the last thing keeping Apple hardware in our data center and I'd like to be rid of it if possible. Furthermore, ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ldap search shows two of the same accounts

When i search for a user using add ldap account. It will show accounts however there are double entries for the accounts why is this? Never-mind the other casper admin was able to explain why it has two Ldap DC listed. Please delete or disregard.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

HELP! Policy Question

Following an upgrade to our JSS, a Filevault policy was pushed down to a bunch of machines that shouldn't have it. Now, after every log out or restart they are asking for a password to enable filevault. I have removed them from the policy but they ar...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUSLP Server 4.0.0 is now available

We have put out a new version of the NetSUS Server. The source has been updated on GitHub and it is also available as both an OVA and an installer. Added features:- Renamed to NetBoot/SUS/LP (NetSUSLP) for reference to LDAP Proxy.- Added El Capitan s...  View more

• 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

CreateUserScript

Hi Folks, I would like to create have a script, that checks if 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11 is used so syadminctl or dscl is invoked for creating a user on a machine. As you can see, the script is checking the OS Version and checking the next available UserI...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Test JSS clients not checking in ??

I have my Casper Test server OFF. I turn on on enrolled client computer and then turn on the Casper Test server, the client server does not check-in, i do a jamf checkjssconnection and get no connection, but client is able to ping server. . I then re...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enroll Verbose Possible?

I've been grappling with an issue on a Mac server with Spotlight and Time Machine for quite some time. I'm becoming more certain the issue is with a file (or files) on one of the volumes having become corrupt in some way. The server was running Yosem...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

how to set 5 mins auto-lock on mac

Hi All as i found the configuration profile including password session is not working any more on El Capitan. you can refer to my test [https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=17654] Now i urgently need a way to deploy to all mac via a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors