Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Deep Freeze & Fusion Drive Woes

Newbie here, thanks for all the awesome support that this site provides. Now, my team are reasonably new to Casper (and Macs in general!) and are using it to deploy applications to various student labs of Mac computers spread about the UK. Long story...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS and Storage Management

We run a NetSUS 3.0.2 VM. Periodically the system downloads updates to the point of completely filling up the hard drive and not allowing me to login to the web interface. I then go through the steps of finding updates to purge and then requesting mo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cached upgrade going stale after x amount of hours

We are starting deployment of 10.11 via Self-Service wide scale in our organization. This will be the first time with self-service other than select machines here and there with previous operating systems. However, with a few test machines, I cache t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Pages, Numbers etc to Self Service?

We have a number of new iPads which come with free versions of Pages, Numbers etc. These iPads are on lock down as most of our student's can't tell the difference between Clash of Clans and a school app. Currently, we have the app store blocked, and ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

After DEP enrollment in AC2 names to not propagate to Casper. If I rename them on device hey still have a chance of being overwritten by Casper to 'iPad'

Sorry typo in title *they Not sure why or if anyone else is running into this. Pretty much what the title says. JSS 9.81. I plugged in 10 new iPads. I run Automated Enrollment, add Wifi profile, log in, and let the process run. Afterward I select the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netsus 3.0.2 and SSH

So I've been setting up a NetSus to help alleviate some network coverage needed. I got the Software Update Server part working fine, got the netboot working fine, even configured it to act as a DP with no issues. But when I enable ssh from the web co...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Box Sync 4

Not sure why Box is distributing a drag-install app, when on first launch it prompt for admin rights, to install /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.box.sync.bootstrapper. So we packaged that item to be distributed along with the drag-install app. I s...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue Remote Lock Command via Script

We are looking into if it's possible to have a mac get remotely locked at the end of imaging. This way the lock code needs to be entered before the computer can be used. Anyone have any idea if there is a way to issue a remote lock command via a scri...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service 9.81 acting strange

Situation: trying to set up a self service policy for iBooks Author. Created a policy in the JSS (version is 9.81 - hardware is a mid 2012 Macbook pro running 10.10.5) to make iBooks Author available in self service (free from the app store, but it t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fast JSS Switching App

Hi all, I had hoped to have this out before the JNUC but it didn't happen. After talking to several people it became clear it might be useful to some of you. I created a little app that will quickly switch the JSS address that the Casper Suite tools ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoCasper NBI not booting Diskless?

So I created a new Netboot image with AutoCasperNBI with a 10.10.5 base with 9.81 casper imaging. I made sure to set modified rc.netboot file was checked. Booted to it and did a mount in terminal and it shows - /dev/disk0s2 on /private/var/netboot An...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Agenda or Topics

I'm excited to host you all next week to start, what I hope to be, a continuous discussion on JAMF software best practices. On that note, I would like to have some what of an agenda to cover or at the very least topics. For example. I would like to d...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tokens for WiFi

Does anyone know if we have the ability to use tokens when filling out fields? For instance, I want to create a wifi profile that pulls the username automatically from the device, so I want to use something like %username% into the PEAP username sett...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment Logs/History?

Hello, I'm looking to start tracking information about when machines were first enrolled. We re-deploy machines fairly frequently, and they're imaged (using Casper Imaging) each time they're re-deployed. I can see the last enrollment date in the mach...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Case Management Software

Hello Fellow Mac Admins! My company is looking for another case management for our support tickets. As of today we are using Salesforce, not their Salesforce Desk product. I wanted to reach out to see what you guys/gals are using in today's world. I ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allow non-admin to install app from Self-Service

Hello all, Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. We're a PC shop, rolling out Macs and using JSS. Went through the JumpStart but still fuzzy on some things, and trying to learn how to use Macs in our environment without making o...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors