Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Kernel Panicing on Netboot w/ 2GB of RAM

Can't seem to Netboot any Macbook Pros or MBs with 2GB of RAM. As soon as I take one of the 1GB sticks out and replace with a 2GB stick I'm able to Netboot. This seems really silly though. Does anyone know why the problem is occurring and know if the...  View more

1f10a9081c0245b99ecc85b624a6f32d
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

username script

``` #!/bin/sh after updating to 9.8 I had to edit this script, I can't get it to work now.. #!/bin/bash #Get the current logged in user to console U=`who |grep console| awk '{print $1}'` ADWORK=`id $U` if [[ "$ADWORK" == "id: $U: no such user" ]]; th...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot/Netinstall not working properly

Guys my netboot/netinstall server does not seem to be being picked up by our MacBooks which are the pre-force trackpad versions. I don't know why, I understand that netboot/netinstall may fail but the older MacBooks are simply not seeing the netboot ...  View more

• 33 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sophos Causing Slowness on Macbook Pros with HDDs?

Our faculty have been experiencing significant performance issues on Mid 2012 Macbook Pros with HDDs this year. Logging in takes over 2 minutes, a lot of beachballing, performance when opening applications and multi-tasking is sluggish and slow, and ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 default Save dialog mode

We have the volume license version of Office 2016 and I've come to really hate the default Save dialog box that is just a few blank columns with no real indication of what the user is looking at and it is very confusing for them to know what to do ne...  View more

86214d2257024f7b9d2561a0fb62a342
  • 49 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question on ports , firewalls and the JSS

I'm curious as to why I'm seeing both Apple's 17.x.x.x. block and our clients hitting our JSS server on tons of different ports. Most of the ports are listed as iChat, Quicktime, Facetime, GameCenter ports on Apple port list (some are not on that at ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 9 and automatic app removal

Hi everyone, With iOS 9, Apple has added the option of converting unmanaged apps to managed on supervised devices without user interaction. If I understand correctly, this will mean that the following scenario will be possible and we'll be able to se...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.8 Self Service and OSX 10.11

Hi Folks, Just playing around with Casper 9.8 and and El Capitan GM (15A282b) and is stumbling an error. Seem to only affect the ony 10.11 I have here. Other 10.10s and iOS9 apps are fine. Self service apps fail to install with "Cannot install Item" ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time and date issue

We are having an issue with our time and date on our macbook,some reason the time will change to different time and date. even we push our time server and right time zone. we are using 10.10.5 OS  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple File Share Distibution Point

Hi All.. We need to setup multiple file share Distribution Points (DPs) per country. I would like to understand if there is a way that we can set some of DPs to fetch content from another DP that is not a master DP.Or is there a way that we have set ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resume downloads?

Is there a tip/trick to resume a policy if it fails during download? For example i'm pushing out the latest java 8 and a couple students have closed their laptops or disconnected from the network while downloading the file. The policy of course fails...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Importing / Exporting Apple Developer Private Keys

Hello JAMF! Slightly off topic question about importing private keys. What I'm trying to do: Import Apple Developer ID Installer Private/Public Keys My issue: Private Keys: When I'm importing my private keys, it asks for me to enter my private key pa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Binary Path / 9.8 / System PATH Variable

We have discovered a complication related to the move of the jamf binary in 9.8. We have several scripts that run as launch daemons, which in turn run jamf commands. These commands simply use 'jamf' instead of the full path, relying on the PATH varia...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict apps but add exception

We have a restriction setup to not allow 17+ apps...and now YouTube and Google Chrome are not functioning. Is it possible to add those apps as exceptions to the rule?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect to Server / Mount Share Script

I was looking for a way to mount our HOME share without any warnings. So through my research I began to write my own Apple Script. I wanted to share this with everyone, as I had success with it so far. It is mainly to be used on computers not connect...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

El Capitan update without admin?

We are off to a pretty good start with our 1:1 this year, k-12 with K-8 iPad and 9-12 Macbook Air. Our issues have been minimal, shockingly minimal, far less issues after going 1:1 then before. That said i'm not looking forward to El Capitan dropping...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS for El Capitan

Hey Everyone, Just wanted to know if anyone knows whats the new CatalogURL to allow El Capitan updates?  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Weird 802.1x issue

ok I will try and explain this as best I can. I have 802.1x profiles installed on a machine, Auto-join, pep, and certs trusted. On the local admin account I can change to whatever network I want and it will apply the profile as needed. However on a n...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Copy a .pkg file as-is to a client Mac

I have a RecoveryPartitionInstaller.pkg that I'd like to copy as-is to various Macs' /Users/Shared/ folders so that I can manually run this installer as needed. [Long story, just accept that this is what I need for right now] The problem is that when...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors