Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Not all AD users showing up in "Scope"

Am trying to make some iPad apps available to a couple of specific users. I've done this many times before, but now when I go into "Scope > Add > Users" it's only showing 506 entries when it should be about 14000. One of the users I need is in there,...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 9, Casper 9.8, and Distributing Apps

I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to use 9.8 and iOS 9 to distribute Apps. We currently have Apple IDs setup for all of our shared and 1:1 iPads that are created by us, so no one has the passwords. We used to be able to push Apps through the...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trusting Apps from a Developer IOS9

Hello, We have an external company that has created an App for our students to use. The students can download the app from a web link which installs it on their iPads. Since IOS9, apple have changed the security around apps being downloaded outside t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-imaged MacBook do not receive Enrollment Policies

Hi all, I have a strange issue regarding reimaging of an existing Mac that is present in the Casper database. What I normally do is that I delete the machine from the database so that Casper doesn't know it already exists and then image it so that th...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple step commands

I need to install a LabTech Agent on all Staff computers so they can create service tickets. The installation calls for a couple of terminal commands:These are from the LabTech website: sudo launchctl list | grep com.labtechsoftware and press [Enter]...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and MDM enrollment error 9.8

We built a Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS box from scratch yesterday during our JAMF jumpstart. When we went to start testing prestage enrollments today we found the we were getting an error on the DEP section under Global Management. The error is "unable to con...  View more

c48b28a1981d426787cda0ebf00a5616
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change DNS with no JSS access

I done goofed... So this isn't as much of a Casper question as it is a general Mac admin question. I inadvertently just sent home a couple dozen student laptops with a custom DNS that prevents them from checking into the JSS or opening self service. ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

New JSS URL, Updating FileVault Keys

I recently replaced our internal-only Windows Server 2008-based JSS with three Red Hat VM's, two of which are behind a load balancer in our DMZ. As part of this process, I had to change the URL to have a "corp" in it, e.g.: jss.corp.example.com I hav...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monday Night Pre-JNUC Meetup: Almost sold out!

For Monday Night's Pre-JNUC Meetup, we have 11 Eventbrite tickets left to RSVP, out of the 70 that are available. As we've all seen there's over 90 people RSVP'd on the JAMF Nation mini session page, however we'd like to get as many people on Eventbr...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

BYOD Program for university students

We are starting a pilot program at our university to provide a BYOD solution for students to have university purchased apps installed on their personal iOS device or Apple Laptop using Casper as the management solution. We have ideas on accomplishing...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Griffin Multidock Charging Issues

I saw that a few users here have made use of the Griffin Multidock and I'm curious to see if any of you have experienced any charging issues? We have one that is used for a checkout iPad system, so it syncs with Apple Configurator and charges. Lately...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

random connection errors to SMB share on windows 2012 r2

HEy jamfnation we are having a major issue with clients not being able to mount the share 4 out of 5 times. I have been working with JAMF support and they thought it may be related to a patch but I removed that patch and I am still having issues. The...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to for Prestage Deployment

I just imported all my devices into JSS from the Apple DEP and now would like to take advantage of the Pre Stage Deployment process. Is there a document that explains how all of that works?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Docker containerise a JDS

I have successfully found a method (a docker container) to use for netbooting/netinstall across all our offices internationally:https://themacwrangler.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/creating-a-netboot-server-with-centos-7-and-bsdpy/comment-page-1/#comment-...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen Sharing

I am not sure why Casper Remote does not enable screen sharing for the management account as part of its connection process, but since it does not I need to figure out how to remotely accomplish this task. Is there a way to do this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF 9.8 client crash on 10.11 GM Candidate

When trying to get policies from our 9.8 JSS test server with a 10.11 Mac (the GM Candidate, build 15A282b), I get following crash : bash-3.2# jamf versionversion=9.8bash-3.2# jamf policy -verbose verbose: JAMF binary already symlinked verbose: JAMF ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scholastic SMI iPad app

I've been trying to push out the SMI app and i can push it out fine. The problem is when i go to configure the Site id it will take it then i open the app and it says this app is not configured. I go back into settings and configure the app and what ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid porfile

I set up my pre-stage enrollment for my schools ipads. I wiped the devices but when I do the through the pre-stage enrollment, i get a message on the ipad that says invalid profile? how can i fix this?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xcode 7.0 CLI Tools

Has anyone been able to find the Xcode 7.0 CLI Tools for OS X 10.10. I'm able to get them from OS X Software Update, but in the past I've been able to just get them from the Dev site. They've since changed the entire layout of the Dev site though and...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ipad Passcode

I have ipads in my school that have a passcode that students have forgot. Is there a way I can get past the passcode to turn on the internet so I can't wipe a device through my JSS?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.8 Upgrade Self Service Down

Did an upgrade to 9.8 this morning, seemed to go smoothly. Got a ticket about Self Service throwing up an error. I checked, and sure enough Self Service is erring out on every computer I tried.Checked the Console log on the client: 9/18/15 9:09:19.59...  View more

• 65 replies
  • 0 kudos

No VPP invitation on device

Hi, When i tried to enrolle an ipad air 1 wifi for the first time on JSS, i see VPP invitation on the JSS Side but Nothing on the ipad side. My iPad is on ios 9 and JSS on version 9.73  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.10.5 resetting user accounts after every restart

One of our lab iMacs, a late 2013, after every restart, is resetting all the user accounts back to the same settings and files as when they where first created. For example, my account on this computer was created on September 1. Even though it's Sep...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD status is not updating

If we disjoin the Mac from Domain then after the Check In the AD status is still connect (domain.local).Is there another way of updating this status.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors