Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

/var/folders permissions error

Just found an entertaining error.... 1 AD user in my school could log in, the menu bar would appear, then beach ball, on every newly imaged machine with 10.10.4 up. And I get a lot of the errors shown in the screen shot: I've badly hacked it, and cha...  View more

55b33333f1304e749afc355512b91fa8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Music App Bypassing MDM Setting

We have deployed iPads to our students with the Allow Modifying Account Settings disabled through our a Casper Configuration Policy to prohibit them using personal Apple IDs for Apps, Music, and other content to be put on our school-owned iPads. We w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

The September Apple Event Thread

iOS 9 release date? New Apple TV with gaming? Something else relevant to our day jobs and livelihood? Let's find out! http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2015/  View more

333e51c64d544b0ab1498dc70677f103
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to manage a Casper admin person

Hi So i wanted to know if you can see if your casper admin person is secretly checking your computer out without you knowing? Ive had random applications disappear from my mac, Sure its probably a policy thats been put in place but its too specific f...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADPassMon Merger

Hi all, Peter & I have been working on merging my ADPassMon fork with the Main project. We hope to have a single project, & a single wiki going forward for ADPassMon. For now we have a pre-release version we would very much like more people to test: ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking iCloud

Hi Everyone, Working a new standard config for our Macs and I'm looking to completely block iCloud on our Macs. Thus far I have Rich Troutens great iCloud sign in script and I have another that will disable the iCloud pref pane. However I'm trying to...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stupid question but...

Why would I use a "user" extension attribute versus a computer EA? Is there a difference in the way it executes? Was looking for a solution to a different problem and came across this and had never noticed it before.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen Sharing Curtain Mode - Yosemite

Hey everyone, Is there a way to use curtain mode in Screen Sharing on Yosemite? When a user connects to their Mac remotely you can see everything they're doing on the physical computer still. I know you could unlock the screen sharing debug toolbar o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2016 Standalone Package

Has anyone extracted Outlook 2016 for a standalone package from Office 2016 and what have your experiences been? Also, if so, have you done any testing in deploying Office 2016 after deploying Outlook 2016 standalone and any issues (like database rep...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot/SUS Question - port 80?

New JAMF person here so apologies for the stupid questions. I'm answering some concerns from our IT Security group on ports that are required for the different components of our planned Casper Suite setup. One item in particular - our Security guys a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running rename script on initial enrollment

Hey Slowly setting up our new environment, hitting some walls with AD however not liking the name of the machine as it is too long to bind. So I decided to make use of the script supplied by Freddie Cox at https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussi...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper imaging

Hi, am new to Casper. I have been using it to image my computer but when I tried imaging one of our room today I got this message. "Please verify your network connection or try another distribution point. You may need to verify information for the di...  View more

3d91c63bd33f4de2b4b148d1e97f366a
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking iOS 9 Update

Hey everyone, We successfully blocked iOS 8 downloads on site last year by using a NetXplorer appliance to drop packets with mesu.apple.com in the HTTP Host field. I am hoping and expecting that this will work for iOS 9 this year. However, what's dif...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD name change & Mobile Accounts problem

Hi all, this is more of a general Apple question than a JAMF question but I figured others must have run across this problem. If we change a users logon account because they changed their name, they can no longer log onto a computer that has mobile a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with installation

During the installation , the installer fails . The current OS version is 10.10.3 The console logs are this . I have tried many different OS versions but the problem still exists . I cannot fully install . I tried also to execute the .pkg via sudo co...  View more

f34b2928b678491690ac2927ccf3dfe8 8f996d67101c41d9a52ea4dce0f3e459
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Issues

Hi Guys,I'm aware that this has been many discussions before! But I'm just wanting to get an update! We are aware of the Yosemite bug that is not connecting to the wi-fi properly after sleeping and our students are unable to log in when this happens,...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating new mobiledeviceprofile with API

I try to create a new mobile device profile by running the command curl -k -v -u apiuser:apiuserpassword -T nightblock.xml -X POST https://myjssurl:8443/JSSResource/mobiledeviceconfigurationprofiles/name/nightblock with a xml-File with this content: ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing JSS, can not get past MySQL

Trying to install JSS (9.62) on a Mac Mini running 10.10.5. I have Java installed and as you see in the video server.app is not installed yet. I created the screen grab of me installing MySQL, creating database and granting privilege. I copy and past...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy activation question

If I set activation and expiration times for a policy and leave a calendar date out, will the policy only run within that window? So if I set it to activate at 7PM and expire at 11PM, then not set a date for either, will the policy just run then?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari Montage Configuration Dictionary

I am looking for the configuration dictionary for the Safari Montage iPad app. My team is looking to pre-populate the server field so that it automatically connects with our internal server. If anyone has done this, please share the configuration. Th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Adobe CC products

Hi i know this thread... https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=161 I have been deploying some CC applications with self service and working fine... But for some reason, some applications fails to install... Acrobat DCLightroom... and so...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disk Encryption Configuration questions

I have a couple questions for creating a Disk Encryption Configuration 1 - does individual recovery key get stored in JSS ?2 - If I choose 'management account' to be ENABLED, what 'management account' is it enabling? is it the 'managed by' listed in ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunesU Blocking PDF documents by Lightspeed

I am having issues with Lightspeed blocking iTunesU (PDF). Does anyone have any idea if white listing particular IP addresses helps. As far as we know we have all apple devices unblocked. One other thing I have noticed as well is lightspeed blocks th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allowing diskutil for non admins

Hello Everyone, We have scoured the internet for this but came up short so I'm hoping somebody here can help us. We need to enable the OSX Disk Utility for certain members of staff but we do not want to give them admin access to the machine as they'v...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors