Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

SPAM

Hi everybody- As you have seen, we were hit by a spam bot on Thursday night, and again pretty heavily this morning. We have cleaned up all of the posts, and are monitoring account creation proactively at the moment. Spam has been a growing problem ov...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating an admin, AD bound, student user on imaging.

I am looking for a way to create an AD bound, admin, student user upon first boot after TMI. I am hoping to log in to our institutional admin account that is already on all machines and create this student account from there. System Prefs > Users & G...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Update Deployment

Hello Community! I am currently researching how to deploy Apple Updates such as Security Updates, Numbers, Pages, Keynote, etc. How are you all deploying these updates? At this time, I am ok with a quick and dirty way to deploy Keynote, Numbers and P...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change User agent in safari

Does anybody know if there is a way to set firefox as the default user agent for safari. I know I could do a default write to the safari plist. I just don't know what to write to it. Any help would be appreciated.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting Imaging Errors

Does anyone have a method for flagging machines that have errors during imaging? I'm thinking of an EA that'll grep the jamf.log - as opposed to using the API (which I haven't the foggiest how to do... yet).  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences Stopped working

Hello, First of all, I found this thread. The solution there does not work for my environment. I have tested by changing the default screensaver (Flury) to something else and it will not take.. We are running 9.72. I have a few things that happen in ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allowing Non-Admins to add Printers

I have students (with non-admin rights) wanting to add their own personal printers at home, but they are prompted with the admin logon. How can I allow this? Can someone give me step-by-step instructions? I'm new to all of this! Thanks!  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default Dock policy for AD users

Hey Guys, Im setting up a policy to configure the default dock. I've tried the policy as once per computer, once per user, and ongoing. The dock is modified for all local accounts, but when an AD user logs in, it just goes back to the apple defaults,...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Record previous computer names?

Every once in a while we'll come across a computer that gets moved from a classroom to another classroom or even another school without us knowing. When we go through each year to update our computers we name the computers according to where they are...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script for input during Casper Imaging?

Before I start messing around with this idea, I wanted to see if anyone else has done it so I can shamelessly borrow some ideas/workflow. Right now, we have a scenario where we bare-metal image Macs using a USB stick with Casper Imaging, and the tech...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Should I trust this kid?

So a brilliant (and often malicious) student of ours is practicing his programing skills and designed an application that he says does some simple things to make life easier for students. Apparently it creates folders on the desktop of the user corre...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Virtual Machines

Howdy, My boss is asking me to figure out how to virtualize 50-100 instances of OS X. I don't think OS X's EULA allows for this. From what I understand, I can legally install up to 2 OS X VMs only on Apple hardware using Fusion, Parallels or VirtualB...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Local Password Policy

so after looking through discussion on here, i found using pwpolicy gets me the password policies i want. But every account I create is auto disabled and any existing local accounts are disabled. I'm using the following command to set my policy: pwpo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Odd DP Scoping Issue

I'm working on testing out setting up one of our remote sites (European Office, USA hosted) and I'm seeing some weird DP issues. Machines enroll/communicate fine, however they receive the correct DP for their network segment when deploying through Se...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Imaging - How do you do it?

We are looking to image machines that will be our initial JDSs that are on the other side of the world. I was wondering how other users who have done this went about it. Notes:We do have a Windows infrastructure there.They are acquiring the machines ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bind to AD issues

I know we are not the only ones who have experienced issues with the AD occasionally dropping if you use the built-in bind utility on the JSS. I was wondering what others are using that is more reliable but won't break the bank. We are a school that ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 7 Enterprise and OS X Help (Bootcamp or SCCM)

Hey guys! I've been having troubles lately installing Windows 7 Enterprise via bootcamp or SCCM. During the task sequence, it reboots after installing the drivers and stays at a black screen with a blinking dash at the top left. Sometimes with the er...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.10.5 + Casper Imaging

I know I've come across a few threads in regards to imaging with Yosemite, but we have yet to find a resolution to our problem. We just got delivery of 2000 MacBook Airs (MacBookAir7,1) that shipped with 10.10.5. After the client is imaged we're seei...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Pro and Air flash storage firmware update

I saw that there are updates for both the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air flash storage firmware. Apple Support - Flash Storage Firmware 1.0 How do you determine the current firmware version installed on the notebook? Is there an easy way to create a "sm...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AirDrop in 10.10 - how to disable?

It's come to my attention that the old ways of disabling AirDrop file sharing: defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser DisableAirDrop -bool YES no longer works. This now returns: defaults[17195:855346] Could not write domain /Library/Preferences/com....  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences Stopped working

Running OS 10.10.4 with JSS 9.73. I have a few managed preferences that seemed to be working fine. I installed PaperCut and ran the "install-login-hook.command" so as to make PaperCut to start up and have the user not be able to quit it. Would that h...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors