Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Office 365 Install with Login

Hello All, We have are users on Office 2011 through Office 365 subscription. We activate their account post imaging. Now we are readying Office 2016 to be deployed via self-service. Is there a way to wrap a users 365 login/password together with the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad updates through Casper

Hello everyone, I am currently trying to figure out a way to push updates to a few ipads through casper but there doesn't seem to be an option for it.I am considering using the url of the update to be pushed out as an app but I have a hunch that it p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Free Enterprise allowable anti-virus software

For audit purposes and the fact that our current AV software is buggy right now, I am considering free anti-virus software that does not have a business/enterprise prohibitive license. Any suggestions?Are there any free A/V agents that enterprises ar...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Usernames in Smart Groups

I am having an issue setting up my Smart Groups by usernames. All of our students have a username that starts with either a 1 or 2. When I try to use this criteria in our Smart Groups, the criteria is set up but no users pull in. Any ideas?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Netboot 10.10.3/ Casper 9.72

Anyone seeing issues with Block Copy Imaging while on 10.10.3? Fails on imaging? then this is for you READ ON : after spending days, countless hours on the phone with JAMF support, banging my head against the wall, trying to figure out how to get aro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Access for non Admin Users in 10.10

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me. I posted a couple weeks ago but I wouldn't to add some more detail. What I'm looking to do is, via a script I would like to access non admin users to unlock the Padlock in System Preferences/Security&Privacy/Priv...  View more

a362762bfb424276aaecca7e2263826d
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mounting Master Distriboutin Point Fails

Hey Casper Folks.We have following problem:When starting Casper Admin our Master Distriboution Point could not be mounted! Druing the startup the authentification mask for the CasperShareDAV Share pops up with the username for reading access specifie...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Q

Hi people, I was wondering if it is possible to change the field : Hard Drive Space and Hard drive used space in the above screenshot, to point to the actual file repository for our JDS. In our setup, we have Ubuntu server installed onto a 40 GB SSD ...  View more

da09a1ec948e437bbc8d55c5b347e584
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable a managed preference Wifi

Hi all, I've had to take one of the clients off site and we have a managed preference to disable wifi set on it. Is there a way i can disable this so i can use the wifi, while i'm off site?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

api - extension attributes spaces not escaped in xml

Hi I am writing a process tool for a help desk using casper and other tools, we have a lot of attributes created for devices but im having trouble with getting xml details a lot of the names have spaces like "ASSET LOAN - LOAN START DATE" The xml res...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

[REQ] Licensed Software Templates for Adobe CC's

I've spent the better part of the last 2 hours fighting with my Adobe CC Licensed Software Templates and can't seem to get them to recognize the installs. I tried manually creating them and cloning the CS6 (changing the pertinent info). Can't seem to...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profiles in 10.7

We're trying to migrate device management from Open Directory to Profiles in my organization. We have found Profiles to be effective in devices with 10.10 but inconsistent with 10.7. When I mean inconsistent, we have found some may be missing some pr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating a 10.7 AutoCasperNBI

Has anyone ever successfully created a 10.7 NBI with AutoCasperNBI? I was unable to generate a vanilla DMG of 10.7 with AutoDMG so I had to resort to InstaDMG which was successful. However when using this DMG in conjunction with AutoCasperNBI, it jus...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

BSDpy and Legacy MacBooks

The techs at my organization have been using the Netboot/NetSUS appliance for netbooting. One of the main gripes about this solution is that it's only able to advertise one NBI at a time unlike Mac OS X server. I recently discovered BSDpy and it's ab...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile errors

I have a few computers that are constantly failing to receive configuration profiles that I push out. I've tried re-pushing the profiles out, and occasionally that will grab one or two more computers, but not all of them. Does anyone have any idea wh...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2016 caching limit

We are having an interesting issue with our Gmail to O365 migration. Mac users that have huge mailboxes (over 50GBs) or mailboxes with a large number of messages (over a million), when converted and when trying to login to Outlook for the 1st time (w...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Upgrade Failed

I tried to upgrade the JSS from 9.65 to 9.73 on Windows Server 2008 R2. It failed and said "changes rolled back" but Tomcat would not restart. I then tried to go back and reinstall 9.65 and that failed as well. I tried 9.73 again....well you get the ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Skype push

Hi, How do i push the Skype package to our users. When I download it from MS it is a dmg and if I unpack age it, it's a .app. Is there a different way to do this? Thanks.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Packages Suddenly Failing

This is an odd one. All of a sudden starting Tuesday all my Adobe packages started to fail when installed via Self Service. They include CS6 packages that have been rock solid for years and also newer CC2014 packages that have worked at least 50 time...  View more

c1ee328443cc4f8e866441bc47233472
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printing "on hold for authentication" first time only

Having a problem with my image where the first time a user goes to print the job is held in the local queue for authentication. This happens even though the correct information is already stored in the keychain access. The CUPS popup for authenticati...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Has anyone tried a Home ubuntu VM Test JSS instance?

So I just passed my CCT and am still keen on keeping the momentum going. I've setup a small Ubuntu VM at home, on just my internal 192.168... network. Setup JDK, MySQL and JSS as vanilla installs. I've setup my APNS stuff, I have some push certs (MDM...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice for OS X Upgrades

In our environment, up until this point whenever a user wanted to go to a new version of OS X (ex. 10.9.x to 10.10.x) our department would have to copy the users data to a network share, reimage it, install all the users software again, and then brin...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

New macbook pro image keeps rebooting

We just got in a handful of new macbooks and of course they have the latest and greatest Apple requirements that won't take our (old) image. So I created a new image - and everything is just peachy except it keeps rebooting. Sometimes it posts the JS...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error when Imaging

it seems that when i start imaging more then 10 computers at a time using the same image that i receive an error message(see image provided). The first 10 computers image fine but the others instantly produce this error when the image starts. If anyo...  View more

a163370d721d4ac78d3d10c628c6cbf2
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

dseditgroup network admin to local admin issues

I wrote a script to check if the account that just logged in is an admin or not and adds them to the local admin group. (So if the teacher goes home they still have admin rights off our domain) Right now I'm testing it locally but it will eventually ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors