Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Login window delay after logging in

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue.I've been able to replicate it on 10.9.5 and 10.10.4. The issue is when people are WAKING their computers from sleep(usually when they close the lid and walk to a meeting), then after entering their p...  View more

• 42 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash Removal Script

Here's a script to uninstall flash using Adobe's uninstaller app. I am borrowing heavily from @peterloobuyck's great flash updater script. Unfortunately, it won't notify the user to close their web browser. Not sure how much that matters. If you know...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 6 kudos

VPN issue work around?

We have a Cisco VPN solution and a new pcf file was created. PCF files contain all the info required to establish the VPN, the issue is that the group password/secret is encrypted and the Mac OS requires it to be applied in plaintext, and it is a sec...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues after netbook imaging

So without any changes I can think of since last week, all of my newly imaged Imacs are imaging fine - except when you go to open system preferences/desktop+screensavers, nothing is populated in that window. I have tried trashing the systemprefs.plis...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

deploy ldap setting to all Mac

Hi All i'm trying to find a way to deploy our ldap setting via JSS to all our users MACs. so that user could find our ldap account in Internet accounts on their mac like below attached pic  View more

d8ac75541dc7424086cbce753dada963
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac VPP Invitation not showing up

I have a large group whose Macs are being refreshed and up until this evening, I haven't had any issues with: 1. adding the user to the new computer via the JSS console, 2. Preparing the invitation for VPP for that user, and 3. Add the user to the li...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Results of single extension attribute via API

Got this, but it returns all EAs (curl -u user:pass https://server-int.company.org:8443/JSSResource/computers/id/2134 | xpath '/computer/extension_attributes/extension_attribute') I'd like only a single attribute specified by ID 45. Anyone have a goo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

IT Wish List For Software Developers

I’ve caught the ear of the CEO of a software developer because I sent off a letter of complaint in regard to changes they made to their web site. There is now virtually no support area. They now require login to access downloads, but only those downl...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues with Xcode Simulator Instruments

Hi Everyone, I was hoping to get some insight on a specific challenge that someone is currently facing in their Apple environment. They are not using the Casper Suite, but need some assistance. The current challenge is getting Xcode Simulator Instrum...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

pwpolicy keychain issue

For background, we are using DEP and want to force a password change to the users account once we deliver the machine. So we create the account out of the box, the machine logs in and policies apply, and then when we deliver the machine they have to ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Images

If I use a 2015 imac to create my mac images, can those images be used on a 2015 MBPR laptop and earlier laptops? Or is it not compatible?  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application History Report

I'm looking for a way to report on Software history, effectively as a way to report patching metrics. This doesn't appear to be exposed through the API. Does anyone out there have any ideas on how can I get this data? I'm looking for a report that sa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yosemite, Imaging and Proxies

Hey all, Having a bunch of fun attempting to image using 10.10.3 / 10.10.4 (Base OS created using AutoDMG - latest version). JSS v9.72 running on 10.8.5 Xserve. Basically the issue boils down to after Base OS and imaging time packages get laid down, ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service for OS X for BYOT environment

Hi All, This maybe a bit of a silly question but one i need some different opinions on. i have a BYOT environment with some year groups in the school i work in. there is a problem about getting applications onto students OS X devices. currently they ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with Forescout Extension Attribute Script

Need to find out what Macs have Forescout and which do not. So I have the beginnings of a extension attribute script, if Forescout is installed, the /var/root/Forescout directory will exist, if not, the Forescout dir will not exist. If it exists = re...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Parsing options in com.apple.Spotlight

Hey guys,Looking to see if anyone has any idea on how to grab a particular item from the Spotlight plist file. We are able to set the Spotlight settings via configuration profile, but now i need to use a script to check to see if the value is being m...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6.8 equivalent to "defaults" command.

Quick scripting question...Whats the equivalent command to defaults for 10.6.8?i.e. If I want a key (top level not subkey) out of a plist whats the best way to get it under 10.6.8plistbuddy?  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Downgrade ARD Client 3.8.4 to 3.8.2

I'm trying to determine if it's possible to downgrade the ARD client from version 3.8.4 to 3.8.2. I've not had any luck finding a way to do it thus far. I suspect that version 3.8.4 is causing a performance issue and I'd like to downgrade a few syste...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper questions for managed environment

Hi all, I've recently taken on a new position in which the former admin left no documentation about how Casper was used in this environment. One thing that I've been able to determine is that there are a number of iMacs which dual-boot Mavericks and ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAVA 7/8 Questions in Safari and Chrome

Not really JAMF related but I thought I would ask. We are a BANNER user campus which at this point is mandating JAVA 7u75 as we have not been able to get it to work on JAVA8u51. Chrome and Safari have allowed us to run outdated versions of JAVA but n...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

EGP Web

I'm looking for other EGP Web users. EGP is using vise x to create a 'installer' .app. I'm hoping if enough of us ask EGP; maybe EGP will understand the value of .pkg.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best troubleshooting Mac Magazines

I have been put in charge of getting two Mac magazine subscriptions for the offices internationally.I am thinking Mac Format and MacLife here in the UK. Are those the best Mac troubleshooting/learning magazines for an enterprise IT Support department...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Failover to Cloud Distribution Point

I just setup a AWS Cloud Distribution Point with the thought that I would use it as a failover for our JDS in the event that we have a network or power outage (JSS is hosted externally) however it appears that there is no option to do this. The only ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing the Blue Featured Banner in Self Service

We're using 'Featured' as a flag to the users that this is an important update. We have self service policies that use smart groups to display updates to apps for the users to download. We don't push packages to our users since we just can't be sure ...  View more

d24522fddb974d1ea631e8832503d52d
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1X Mobileconfig Profiles

Yeah I know again. I have a profile, single sign on that works, all be it slow. looking to move to a "Machine" authentication profile. Would it show quicker login times, and can someone share their config. I've tried but seen to be missing somethingT...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors