Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

RHEL 6 Netboot SUS Ports

Does anyone know the specific ports needed for the server firewall settings? I am able to get to the webadmin site but I can't get to it from the portal to setup the netboot image.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Column Width

Hi all, Silly cosmetic issue but I wondered if there was a simple solution I was missing. When you first setup a JSS, the inventory view only shows one column (computer name). You can go to computer management settings > Inventory display and add mor...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mail and config profiles

Afternoon gurus. My school is looking to move away from a legacy mail system (Groupwise) and to move on to just using Mail.app.This would be fairly easy to configure, except all of my users are on local accounts, not mobile accounts, so I am unable t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat 8 Compatibility

Hi all - we may be required to install the latest version of Tomcat 8 on our JSS per internal audit. We are running JSS 9.63 on Windows 2008 R2 and would likely plan to upgrade to 9.72 as well... I know that JAMF officially recommends Tomcat 7 - but ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible Defect with Scripts & Recurring Triggers?

I've noticed that some scripts have a tendency to fail when run via a policy that uses a recurring trigger. If the policy is triggered manually, the script works though. SoScript A in policy A with recurring trigger : failsScript A in in policy A run...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x configuration profile installation issues

So been having some issues with installing 802.1x profiles recently and decided to get a second opinion here. So here's the scoop: We have a profile for wire and wireless mobileconfig file we put down in a folder on during the imaging process. Before...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restart Script (Forked)

Hi folks, I just wanted to share a restart method I've written that can be easily embedded into any bash script. It leverages CocoaDialog (you'll need to change the path variable for your installation location) to create a countdown progress bar and ...  View more

e56e890bd81c4b7faf86b51388c9c1aa
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Set Wallpaper not sticking

Twice now I've gone through and set the lock screen for my iPads by uploading a file. The image works just fine but the next day all of that work is gone - all of the iPads are back to the default screen. Any ideas?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery Partition Size

We recently had to come up with an alternate solution to automate including the recovery partition during the imaging process. After a version upgrade of the JDS, JSS along with OS versions of our Mac Servers (now on Yosemite with Server app version ...  View more

956406a549954ac7bdf43f4513eedd65
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf.log File Question

Hi All- I recently re-imaged a machine using Casper Imaging and Netboot. During the imaging process, I selected to "Erase Target Disk." After imaging, I was reviewing jamf.log and I noticed it had information in it from before the most recent imaging...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

imaging new imac....

very bad problem here... only happens on new imac accepting only Yosemite... i use netboot 10.10.3, tried with imaging 9.65 and 9.72 impossible to deploy base image, with or without packages on first boot... i get these results... either the imaging ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

New flash update

https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-14.html As of now it's not posted in the auto update, so the auto update scripts will not work.. : ( C  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Built-in AD Bind Losing its connection

I have some laptops that bind to AD using the built-in AD bind that work fine to start. After an unknown amount of time (days? weeks?), If i run an id username the connection to the domain is not found as i get a "no such user" response. Has anyone e...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying config files

We've been running casper for 6 months or so and we're moving past basic MDM and machine imaging to more advanced use of scripts and packages to upgrade and reconfigure machines. These forums have been great for most of my questions but there's one I...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Batch Apple ID Script and Verify AUSTRALIA

Hey Guys, I'm new to JAMF Nation and Casper - and need to create Apple ID's for our 250+ ipads. Looking at the Batch Creator on https://github.com/aaronfreimark/Apple-ID-AppleScriptIt's really great, but i'm not so great on Apple Scripting - so I thi...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reimage Computer Best Practice

Hi, Everyone, My employer just got JAMF about a month ago, and I've gone through the Jump Start and have been getting things all setup and computers enrolled. We're on version 9.72 I'm wondering what you all do when you need to reimage a computer. He...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Save script variables in imaging workflow

Hello. I'm not sure if this is possible, but I am trying to see if it's possible to "save" the arguments passed to a generic script in a casper imaging workflow. Why? I'm considering trying to use a generic script to add some jamf "receipts" to a mac...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

First Meeting!

First meet up the GPMA is this week! Hope to see some Delaware Valley JAMF'ers there. Details here.  View more

177dec43977448f49071a126ff935975
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF heper screen never appears after block copy

I am imaging computers with Casper using a pre-configured image of 10.10 containing all the base free software we use across our campus. Once the block copy is complete it begins executing policies to install additional software and settings but the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS on Windows Azure VM

Hi Everyone, Just wondering if anyone had deployed JSS on a Windows Azure VM? We are slowly moving our data centre to the cloud and just want to gather your expertise on this?Issues you encountered? Gotchas? etc.. Thanks in advance.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible Managed App distribution bug

I am currently attempting to distribute a managed file access app called filebrowser for business the app is configured for mdm configuration, so that we can automatically distribute custom settings to our users. such as login username share type and...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors